Value of: Nylander (Trade)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
He won't be traded, unless it's for a severe overpayment, why would they?

If I had to estimate his value, it would be a proven #1D man plus a top 15 first round pick

Personally, I'd rather have Nylander as opposed to marner or Matthews

Just throwing a silly offer out there, how about askarov + Nashville's 2024 first round pick....even then I think Nashville needs to add something small
If we are trading our first and Askarov it ain't going to be for a high priced winger.

Reactions: Soundgarden

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Hanfin would be the 7th d on the leafs behind Rielly, McCabe ( need him on PK ) and Gio ( leadership and still
Close to Hanfin )
Should change your name to Biased fan.

Hanifin is better on the PK than McCabe. He'd be your number 2 in terms of PK usage amongst d.

Giordano is the 7th d, as he should retire, but he's got 1 more year left and he's super cheap, so might as well keep him around.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I think that his demands may be above his value. So any trade would depend on a reasonable extension. The return to Toronto would be based on the AAV / term of the extension.
Exactly. Nylander might have more trade value as a one year rental than a team giving up valuable assets on top of giving in to his 10 mil per demands.

pickles555

Jun 5, 2023
If Toronto doesn't trade him, starting in 2024/25, they have:

Matthews - $13.5 million
Tavares - $11 million
Marner - $10.9 million and due a raise
Nylander - $10 million

Bertuzzi and Domi will also be due raises and be UFAs. They also need to fill our almost their entire d-core and sign at least 1 goalie.

Good luck building a team around that. Nylander also seems to want to go to a team where he is more of a main attraction.

uuuhhh yeah,

like i always say around here, leave the cap "issues" to the professionals,

toronto have been a top 5 team in the league for the past few years, so they have not had any issues "building a team around that", they don't need any luck

PajamaBoy

Sponsor
Sep 16, 2020
Do whats right by the player and let him walk as ufa. He doesn't deserve to be kicked off boat before Marner. He been way better than mitch in the playoffs.

Last edited by a moderator:

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
uuuhhh yeah,

like i always say around here, leave the cap "issues" to the professionals,

toronto have been a top 5 team in the league for the past few years, so they have not had any issues "building a team around that", they don't need any luck

1 playoff round win in the last 10 years....but keep doing you.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Hanifin is a better defenceman than Rielly.
I’m talking about Morgan Rielly not Mike Rielly.

I agree Hanfin is much better then Mike Rielly

But until Hanfin cracks 70 points in a season while shutting down teams top offensive lines with zero help he is not even on the same planet as Rielly. ( career high of 48 points while being sheltered by Andersson, Tanev and Weager

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
That's going to be highly dependent on what an extension will cost the acquiring team. Leafs won't want to trade him as a rental and no team will pay top dollar in trade value without an extension.

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto

But until Hanfin cracks 70 points in a season while shutting down teams top offensive lines with zero help he is not even on the same planet as Rielly. ( career high of 48 points while being sheltered by Andersson, Tanev and Weager

Whatever you say, pal.

I'd love to see the stats that back up Rielly "shutting down" teams top offensive lines.

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017

Hanifin is much better than Rielly. He had 41 points last year and sucked defensively. Get real

• Haha
Reactions: HockeyVirus

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
Bad defensively? If he was bad defensively, what was Rielly? Hanifin has better defensive and possession numbers than Rielly. Every. Year.

So go on....
Hanifin is better than Riely defensively by a bit. I never said otherwise. He can also shoot a puck on net, which Rielly lost the ability to do

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

LOL

Reactions: Haatley

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
The way I see it the teams that can afford to give Nylander his money aren't the ones giving up first rounders at this time if year.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
With a significant plus. A first and a second at least
That’s just like… your opinion man.

What does everybody think nylander should return in a trade?

He is tricky to figure out, can play center and wing, but is mostly a winger.

Talented kid, but in for a huge raise also, near 10m mark.

Thoughts?
Realistically. A 2024 1st valued around 20th overall and a B+ prospect like Zary.

calgary isn’t a fit but that’s what I’d say his value is. ~20th OA pick in 2024 + Zary Level prospect. The ability to pay him $10mm per on his next deal makes him less valuable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad