Value of: Nylander (Trade)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Recent signings (Aho, Bratt) seem to suggest that the rule of thumb these days is 100,000 X recent of average point total.

Nylander has 82 points last season and a career 82 game average of 68.

I don't think he is a $10M man and he won't get that from Treliving. I suspect other GM's will feel the same way.

So, any sign and extend before a trade or trade, then sign will most likely come in below $10M.

I feel a lot of people over value William because they think he is going to get $10M.

Reactions: Heldig

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Hanifin is much better than Rielly. He had 41 points last year and sucked defensively. Get real
And also has 18 points in his last 18 playoff games, 3rd in the league for playoff PPG among defenseman during that time (Makar/Fox ahead) while also having solid advanced stats in a top pair role

Rielly turns into a superstar when the games matter, Hanifin is not better than him

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
And also has 18 points in his last 18 playoff games, 3rd in the league for playoff PPG among defenseman during that time (Makar/Fox ahead) while also having solid advanced stats in a top pair role

Rielly turns into a superstar when the games matter, Hanifin is not better than him
He had a 49.7% CF at 5 on 5 in this most recent playoff. Where are the "solid advanced stats?"

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
He had a 49.7% CF at 5 on 5 in this most recent playoff. Where are the "solid advanced stats?"
55.85 xGF% while also dominating the high danger chances at 61.29%

Regarding the CF, the opponent shot a bunch of low danger chances at the net while he's on the ice, who cares

• Haha
Reactions: Haatley

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Wait wait, wait...

Nylander is available? This is news to me.
I f***ing love/hate being a Leafs fan.

Wow, no I don't...........

Always a complete load of shit.

It's the middle of summer and I don't actually care, nor will I be surprised whatever happens next.

Don't want to be a Leaf? F off then. This new GM probably sucks too.

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
55.85 xGF% while also dominating the high danger chances at 61.29%

Regarding the CF, the opponent shot a bunch of low danger chances at the net while he's on the ice, who cares
He had, by a fair margin, the lowest percentage of defensive zone starts of all Leaf defenders. And by a fair margin, the highest percentage of offensive zone starts of all Leaf defenders. He also had by far the most giveaways and defensive zone giveaways of all Leaf defenders.

He got a lot of points. He still wasn't good defensively. There's a difference.

• Haha
Reactions: sd1976

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015

Rielly is garbage defensively. While Hanifin is nothing too special, at least he's good at both ends of the ice.

Reactions: Marner4Life

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
He had, by a fair margin, the lowest percentage of defensive zone starts of all Leaf defenders. And by a fair margin, the highest percentage of offensive zone starts of all Leaf defenders. He also had by far the most giveaways and defensive zone giveaways of all Leaf defenders.

He got a lot of points. He still wasn't good defensively. There's a difference.
He was also 3rd among the defensive core for expected goals against, and 1st in limiting shot attempts against per/60. He wasn't some elite defensive player but his insane offense heavily outweighed any defensive defencies he had.

When Rielly was on the ice the Leafs had a 61 xGF%, when he was off the ice they had a 46 xGF%. His value in the playoffs was astronomical, especially when his skillset (generating offense) is the single toughest thing to do come playoff time

• Haha
Reactions: Haatley

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
That’s just like… your opinion man.

Realistically. A 2024 1st valued around 20th overall and a B+ prospect like Zary.

calgary isn’t a fit but that’s what I’d say his value is. ~20th OA pick in 2024 + Zary Level prospect. The ability to pay him $10mm per on his next deal makes him less valuable.
You mean… Hanifin + Zary + 1st … right???
Cause surely you aren’t getting Nylander in his prime for just a late first and a B prospect…

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB

He’s actually 4th (you omitted Pionk).

For the record, I agree… Rielly is way better than Hanafin. Morgan Rielly had a tough season last year but if Hanafin were in his place it would have been significantly worse.

Leafs would be making a huge mistake to make that exchange. Pesce on the other hand…

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
He’s actually 4th (you omitted Pionk).

For the record, I agree… Rielly is way better than Hanafin. Morgan Rielly had a tough season last year but if Hanafin were in his place it would have been significantly worse.

Leafs would be making a huge mistake to make that exchange. Pesce on the other hand…
That is true, though it’s important to note Pionk has played just 5 playoff games compared to Rielly playing 18, Makar with 26 and Fox with 27

thehoffs

Jul 4, 2023

Problem is his point totals an are also inflated from the calibre of players he plays with. He won’t be the same if expected to drive play.

It’s also why he’s at most $8.5m

They are saying Lindholm lands in the $8.5 to 9.0 range and how can Nylander be worth more than a Center with Selke votes.

If Nylander is smart he just walks to UFA unless a team overpays as it’s likely he’s going to repeat having inflated point totals.

Granted I think Toronto we hard pressed to take a top 3 divisional seat this year and could be wildcard diving.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Cant compare with other teams players when it comes to salary. If that was the case he would get almost no raise at all. He is better then the 11mill player on his line. One of the better players when not playing with same dude in the playoffs.

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
He was also 3rd among the defensive core for expected goals against, and 1st in limiting shot attempts against per/60. He wasn't some elite defensive player but his insane offense heavily outweighed any defensive defencies he had.

When Rielly was on the ice the Leafs had a 61 xGF%, when he was off the ice they had a 46 xGF%. His value in the playoffs was astronomical, especially when his skillset (generating offense) is the single toughest thing to do come playoff time
Tell me more...

Attachments

• hnifin.jpeg
    hnifin.jpeg
    61.9 KB · Views: 9
  • FC4LnrrXsAUdiXx.jpg_large.jpg
    FC4LnrrXsAUdiXx.jpg_large.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 9
  • img_1750.jpg
    img_1750.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 7

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Recent signings (Aho, Bratt) seem to suggest that the rule of thumb these days is 100,000 X recent of average point total.

Nylander has 82 points last season and a career 82 game average of 68.

I don't think he is a $10M man and he won't get that from Treliving. I suspect other GM's will feel the same way.

So, any sign and extend before a trade or trade, then sign will most likely come in below $10M.

I feel a lot of people over value William because they think he is going to get $10M.

Aho's paced for 80pts per 82 games over the last 3 seasons. He got 9.750
Nylander's pace is exactly the same.

Aho deserves more (than Nylander) because he's a true center but he's also coming off 67 points compared to Nylander's 87. There's certainly a difference there.

Is Nylander worth 10.000? Probably not, but his market value as a UFA starts with a 9 IMO

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad