2024 Training Camp Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Sponsor
Jul 13, 2022
Finland
Say what we will about Boll, that is a nice thing to do to root for each player. Can't imagine it any other way but still, cool to see. Cool idea too, even if betting is getting out of hand in the league, haha. :D (I might prefer they do laps every time a player scores, kind of a "support the goalies" initiative.)

Owen Sillinger making the team would be a fun story (he hasn't played any NHL games afaik). Not sure I'll be holding my breath, though, and even if he does, unlikely to last long...

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
Question to Jackets fans, how do you see the lines distributed? You have: Fantili, Monahan, Jenner, Johnson, Sillinger, Marchenko, Chinakhov and Voronkov who are legit candidates for top 6. Also, who do you see on the PP?

Who do you see as the better player between Chinakhov and Voronkov? Who will produce more this year in your opinion?
I think you could slot Chinakov into Laine's role this year and he wouldn't miss a beat if he's healthy..

I don't think he'll be a PPG player, but I think he could bring just as much value in his smart plays and just being more of physical than Laine.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
I think you could slot Chinakov into Laine's role this year and he wouldn't miss a beat if he's healthy..

I don't think he'll be a PPG player, but I think he could bring just as much value in his smart plays and just being more of physical than Laine.
Chinakhov will score more goals and more points than Laine next year, and every year moving forward. IMO

He could still improve his defensive “awareness” a bit, and he’s not an overly agile/“shifty” player, but, his physical strength and skating has improved drastically in just a few years, as it shows what (and how quickly) a player can change or improve, when he ACTUALLY commits. I’d be extremely interested in seeing him get PK time also, he has a very good stick defensively, and would be a threat the opposing teams would have to worry about. 100% a better option than guys like KJ or Sillinger.

Look at Chinakhov’s SOG and PP numbers in relation to other “shooters” around the league. With Laine gone, and opportunities now available to others more deserving, we could see Chinakhov triple his SOG numbers, and you know, actually score some PP goals.

I see Chinakhov as this years “breakout” player. Possibly on a league wide level. I wasn’t always sold on him to start, but, the shot and offensive ability cannot be denied, and he’s improved his skating so much that he’s able to make space for himself, and quite literally skate past people, in order to get shots off regularly.

As a “young Russian” coming over, he’s progressed about as good as we could have hoped for. IMO, right now regarding the forwards, he’s 2nd to Fantilli when I’m thinking long term. 50 goal (90pt) potential.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad