News and Blog Report: Training camp & Preseason News & Notes

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
I mean they signed him to a 3 year deal and he brings something to the table that we sorely lack especially with Kane out of the lineup. I doubt that he's much of a downgrade from Vinny.
Oil have pre-purchased their trade deadline depth d-men with Brown and Stetcher. Giving them x3 and x2 terms protects against waiver claim action and their differing styles gives 3rd pair and 7th D versatility. Emberson's age, possible latent ability, and ufa status likely gets him first shot at 2RD until trade deadline upgrade.

All trade chips at deadline can focus on 2RD upgrade and retention/double retention potential with maybe a cheap get at another position.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
He's no worse than Desharnais.
I believe those are realistic expectations... that's the bar. I wonder what Desharnais stat line would have looked like last season in Arizona as a stay at home defensive defenseman? Brown is s a good interview.

This is from yesterday, I love how Bouchard credits Barrie on helping him develop his power play game.

I hope Pickard gets 30 regular season game so Skinner is fresh for the postseason.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

onetweasy

"That's just like, your opinion, man"
Oct 16, 2005
Bowling Alley
Let's keep the discussion here to training camp. Anything that doesn't fit into other threads can go in the OT thread.

Well f***.

I came into this training camp thread looking exclusively for ways to solve countless complex City planning issues and now you’ve gone and ended that…..

On The Prowl

Mar 13, 2024
Hes probably just the #7. Probably will come in for certain matchups. We will see. I know nothing about him. I wasn’t too enthusiastic to watch Coyotes games personally.
Pretty sure I saw him destroy somebody in a fight the one and only time I remember watching him.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
He hasn’t really played on a good team yet. Let’s just see what he can do, I’m not writing anyone off yet

I think this is the only point where I'm not going to completely write him off. He didn't get into many games with them, but Boston fans seemed to like what he brought back in 2022 after getting traded there at the TDL.

Still, I have him on the outside looking in. But considering history says Stecher and Dermott are made of glass, and Emberson struggled to stay healthy last year (though he was fine in college and the AHL), I wouldn't be surprised to see Brown or Kemp pushed into service.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Only by analytics that ignore all context.
The analytics that compare him to his teammates show the same too. He got easy minutes and still did bad. Mostly saw bottom comp and did bad.
We are taking a#6/7 d from the worst defence in the league and throwing them on our third pairing. He’s not good. He and Dermott are similar level players. Dudes 30 he isn’t some young dude with potential.

I think this is the only point where I'm not going to completely write him off. He didn't get into many games with them, but Boston fans seemed to like what he brought back in 2022 after getting traded there at the TDL.

Still, I have him on the outside looking in. But considering history says Stecher and Dermott are made of glass, and Emberson struggled to stay healthy last year (though he was fine in college and the AHL), I wouldn't be surprised to see Brown or Kemp pushed into service.
If we are playing games with both Brown and Kemp in the lineup, Ekholm and Bouchard are going to be over worked lol

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Only by analytics that ignore all context.
Relative Corsi -8, worst on the team
Relative Fenwick -7.1, second worse, Dermott worse
xGF Relarive -6, second worst on team, Dermott worse

This is a player while seeing the easiest minutes against the easiest comps did worse than Arizonas out of their element top4 d against much better competition.

He is a bad player, full stop.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad