News and Blog Report: Training camp & Preseason News & Notes

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
I mean they signed him to a 3 year deal and he brings something to the table that we sorely lack especially with Kane out of the lineup. I doubt that he's much of a downgrade from Vinny.
Oil have pre-purchased their trade deadline depth d-men with Brown and Stetcher. Giving them x3 and x2 terms protects against waiver claim action and their differing styles gives 3rd pair and 7th D versatility. Emberson's age, possible latent ability, and ufa status likely gets him first shot at 2RD until trade deadline upgrade.

All trade chips at deadline can focus on 2RD upgrade and retention/double retention potential with maybe a cheap get at another position.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
He's no worse than Desharnais.
I believe those are realistic expectations... that's the bar. I wonder what Desharnais stat line would have looked like last season in Arizona as a stay at home defensive defenseman? Brown is s a good interview.

This is from yesterday, I love how Bouchard credits Barrie on helping him develop his power play game.

I hope Pickard gets 30 regular season game so Skinner is fresh for the postseason.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Analytically Josh Brown is arguably the worst defender to play regular minutes last year.
He is physical but he is awful at hockey.
He is a 7D arguably an AHL tweener.
He hasn’t really played on a good team yet. Let’s just see what he can do, I’m not writing anyone off yet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad