Around the NHL — Episode XLXVII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LiseL

Sep 25, 2023
Debrusk walking is not good. Lindholm could be bad. Overall the roster looks great imo. That d squad is crazy big. Will be interested to see how they do this year.
They've built a team from the net and D out so most of their games are low scoring affairs as they are hard to score against. But they don't have a lot of offensive players besides Pastranak/Marchand. Shut those 2 down and they're beatable. The only way I see them taking a step back is if it takes awhile to sign Swayman to a new contract.

According to what I've read, Korpi had laser surgery done in the off-season and he has a new helmet where I would think he didn't repeat the sightline issue he had with last season's mask. With those improvements + playing behind a solid defense + being coached by one of the best goalie coaches in the league, I expect he will do a lot better in Boston. He'll also be the backup, not the starter. I don't think we can count on his being the tire fire there that he was here.

Reactions: Icelevel

LiseL

Sep 25, 2023
Yeah but you can't be paying your backup goalie 7-8 million, which is what Ullmark is gonna make once he hits UFA.
They needed that $2 million saving to be able to pay Swayman and replace DeBrusk. If they had kept Ullmark, they wouldn't have been able to make the moves they did in the off-season. Even with their current $8.6 million in cap space, they still haven't signed Swayman. Wonder what his ask is. No one knows if the issue is money or term or a combination of both. Needless to say, may Bruins fans are nervous.

Also, didn't Ullmark say he wanted to be a starter? I think he wasn't happy that they didn't continue playing the tandem in the playoffs.

Reactions: coladin

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
They've built a team from the net and D out so most of their games are low scoring affairs as they are hard to score against. But they don't have a lot of offensive players besides Pastranak/Marchand. Shut those 2 down and they're beatable. The only way I see them taking a step back is if it takes awhile to sign Swayman to a new contract.

According to what I've read, Korpi had laser surgery done in the off-season and he has a new helmet where I would think he didn't repeat the sightline issue he had with last season's mask. With those improvements + playing behind a solid defense + being coached by one of the best goalie coaches in the league, I expect he will do a lot better in Boston. He'll also be the backup, not the starter. I don't think we can count on his being the tire fire there that he was here.
Laser surgery. Ha. That's about the only thing that could explain korpisalo's year. He couldn't see

Reactions: BonHoonLayneCornell

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
ya, Yzerman acquired Kucherov. But it was kind of lucky was my point. 58th overall. The rest of the guys you mentioned are good players. Kucherov is the HoF player. Not many HoF players come form 58th overall. Or from the 2nd round like Bergeron did

Shane Pinto?

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Oh and Peterka already has a hat trick in the first pre season game, gonna have a huge season

I tried to like Jarventie as much as I could and still do but damn, that one hurts too.

Yeah and it's sickening to be honest. The way they are drooling all over Lane Hutson because he made a pass during practice :laugh: Oh yeah he's the next Cale Makar :sarcasm: I wanna puke!!

I was sarcastic of course, having weirdly been accused of being a Habs fan because they have prospects worthy of discussion, just like many other teams before.

I see the Habs and the Sabres as our future main competition within the division (assuming Panthers, Bruins, Bolts and Leafs don't take too much time to decline)

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Oh and Peterka already has a hat trick in the first pre season game, gonna have a huge season

I tried to like Jarventie as much as I could and still do but damn, that one hurts too.

I was sarcastic of course, having weirdly been accused of being a Habs fan because they have prospects worthy of discussion, just like many other teams before.

I see the Habs and the Sabres as our future main competition within the division (assuming Panthers, Bruins, Bolts and Leafs don't take too much time to decline)
I’m not sure you are a Habs fan but your irrational fear of them is weird. They have a multitude of decent prospects but their top end talent is meh.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Just looking at the Salt Lake City Canadiens men’s Olympic team and even that team (my favorite team ever assembled) had some dudes that were just good hockey players and weren’t even the best players on their NHL teams:

Eric Brewer, Simon Gagné, Ed Jovanovski,
Owen Nolan, Michael Peca, Ryan Smyth

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Congratulations to Jesse Puljujarvi on his hat trick.

The first of many this year I expect.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Congratulations to Jesse Puljujarvi on his hat trick.

The first of many this year I expect.
Imagine living with the fact you picked puljujarvi or juolevi over Matthew Tkachuk?
That’s a big ouch. Fireable offenses.
With laine at 2 that was 3 fins in the top 5. Not a good showing for the country since.
Most of the fins taken high there before 2020 have struggled a lot.
Kakko at 2, kotkienemi at 3
Hence the 2020s fall of the high fin.

Barkov and rantanen are pretty good though. Understandable there was a bit of hype following.
Not sure if any of this is connected or factual :)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad