Around the NHL — Episode XLXVII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LiseL

Sep 25, 2023
Debrusk walking is not good. Lindholm could be bad. Overall the roster looks great imo. That d squad is crazy big. Will be interested to see how they do this year.
They've built a team from the net and D out so most of their games are low scoring affairs as they are hard to score against. But they don't have a lot of offensive players besides Pastranak/Marchand. Shut those 2 down and they're beatable. The only way I see them taking a step back is if it takes awhile to sign Swayman to a new contract.

According to what I've read, Korpi had laser surgery done in the off-season and he has a new helmet where I would think he didn't repeat the sightline issue he had with last season's mask. With those improvements + playing behind a solid defense + being coached by one of the best goalie coaches in the league, I expect he will do a lot better in Boston. He'll also be the backup, not the starter. I don't think we can count on his being the tire fire there that he was here.

LiseL

Sep 25, 2023
Yeah but you can't be paying your backup goalie 7-8 million, which is what Ullmark is gonna make once he hits UFA.
They needed that $2 million saving to be able to pay Swayman and replace DeBrusk. If they had kept Ullmark, they wouldn't have been able to make the moves they did in the off-season. Even with their current $8.6 million in cap space, they still haven't signed Swayman. Wonder what his ask is. No one knows if the issue is money or term or a combination of both. Needless to say, may Bruins fans are nervous.

Also, didn't Ullmark say he wanted to be a starter? I think he wasn't happy that they didn't continue playing the tandem in the playoffs.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
They've built a team from the net and D out so most of their games are low scoring affairs as they are hard to score against. But they don't have a lot of offensive players besides Pastranak/Marchand. Shut those 2 down and they're beatable. The only way I see them taking a step back is if it takes awhile to sign Swayman to a new contract.

According to what I've read, Korpi had laser surgery done in the off-season and he has a new helmet where I would think he didn't repeat the sightline issue he had with last season's mask. With those improvements + playing behind a solid defense + being coached by one of the best goalie coaches in the league, I expect he will do a lot better in Boston. He'll also be the backup, not the starter. I don't think we can count on his being the tire fire there that he was here.
Laser surgery. Ha. That's about the only thing that could explain korpisalo's year. He couldn't see

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
ya, Yzerman acquired Kucherov. But it was kind of lucky was my point. 58th overall. The rest of the guys you mentioned are good players. Kucherov is the HoF player. Not many HoF players come form 58th overall. Or from the 2nd round like Bergeron did

Shane Pinto?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad