Miscellaneous NHL Discussion XCIII: Spring has Sprung

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which Team's Post-Season Bandwagon are You Joining? (79+ points listed as of March 29)

• Boston

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Carolina

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • New Jersey

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Vegas

• NY Rangers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toronto

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Los Angeles

• Minnesota

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Edmonton

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Colorado

• Dallas

• Tampa Bay

• Seattle

• NY Islanders

• Winnipeg

• Calgary

• Nashville

• Pittsburgh

• Florida

• None, the Flyers aren't in it

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • A team not listed should they make the post-season

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
penalties-research-chart-1.jpg

For the love of...

Just call the damn games. Let them play. Call everything. Whatever you want. But stop this random shit.

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
penalties-research-chart-1.jpg

For the love of...

Just call the damn games. Let them play. Call everything. Whatever you want. But stop this random shit.
Reading the article, it sounds like the Refs try to set the tone early, then slack off as they don't want to be the deciding factor later in the playoffs. One reason they may be more aggressive in the first round is there are a lot of mismatches, so calling games tighter is less likely to determine who wins a series.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I am intrigued…

What particularly caught my attention was all of the comments were really comparing apples to oranges. The NHL on-ice uniforms and authentic jerseys at retail will all be Made in Canada by SP Apparel in Quebec. None of the items mentioned in the articles, some more editorially questionable than others, were Made in Canada. Perhaps it is because I have factories in Canada that make hockey equipment and other items that these comments got under my skin.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Can we talk about how tip tonight is at 9:20?!?

And it will still draw ~16 MM viewers for a sport that's fallen way out of the public view.

NCAAW is a superior product to the Men at this point, so I'm glad people are catching on to it. I will give you a few thousand words on why I love midweek MACtion and even I can't watch NCAAM much anymore.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
And it will still draw ~16 MM viewers for a sport that's fallen way out of the public view.

NCAAW is a superior product to the Men at this point, so I'm glad people are catching on to it. I will give you a few thousand words on why I love midweek MACtion and even I can't watch NCAAM much anymore.
All the press for the game last night and the tournament made me a real sad panda for Sabrina and their lost Covid year.

What should have been.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
To be fair to Bettman a good proportion of people in the game as well as fans/media don’t really want to do anything to help grow the game either with their constant gatekeeping of the sport. So it’s not exactly like it’s being handed a Ferrari & smashing it up here. There’s cultural things at play that keep hockey a niche sport in America.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad