Miscellaneous NHL Discussion XCIII: Spring has Sprung

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which Team's Post-Season Bandwagon are You Joining? (79+ points listed as of March 29)

• Boston

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Carolina

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • New Jersey

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Vegas

• NY Rangers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toronto

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Los Angeles

• Minnesota

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Edmonton

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Colorado

• Dallas

• Tampa Bay

• Seattle

• NY Islanders

• Winnipeg

• Calgary

• Nashville

• Pittsburgh

• Florida

• None, the Flyers aren't in it

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • A team not listed should they make the post-season

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lara Emily

Jul 5, 2013
Pens pick up a hard fought shut out win. Unfortunately Florida was able to do what Pittsburgh couldn't and beat Montreal.

Pens havea game in hand but much tougher schedule. Their failure against Montreal, Detroit, and those blown leads in 3 Islanders games oofta I think they'll be on the outside looking in by season's end with no one to blame but themselves.

----‐----

I especially adore these kinds of ones that have so much thought in them. On mobile swipe left to see the multiple pics that go into how much thought there has been put into each aspect

Last edited:

ellja3

May 19, 2014
Ķekava, Latvia
Pens pick up a hard fought shut out win. Unfortunately Florida was able to do what Pittsburgh couldn't and beat Montreal.

Pens havea game in hand but much tougher schedule. Their failure against Montreal, Detroit, and those blown leads in 3 Islanders games oofta I think they'll be on the outside looking in by season's end with no one to blame but themselves.

----‐----

I especially adore these kinds of ones that have so much thought in them. On mobile swipe left to see the multiple pics that go into how much thought there has been put into each aspect

You.... want Pens to make the PO? Or is this just to make their Bedard-odds 0%?

Lara Emily

Jul 5, 2013
You.... want Pens to make the PO? Or is this just to make their Bedard-odds 0%?
I'm a Pens fan who found a place in this community during the Provorov stuff. It's all a very star-crossed Shakespearean heart warming story.

Hilariously if missing the PO meant a Bedard shot I'd want them to miss but they'd have to finish in I believe the bottom 10 or 11 and that's not happening so I'm cheering for the playoff streak to continue
She's a pens fan! But we still like her
❤!

Lara Emily

Jul 5, 2013
Ahhh I remember the days or caring about a playoff streak. The old days, when I was happy and handsome. Before the Flyers made me a miserable walking tumor covered inside and out with peeling calluses.
You gotta learn to find the saddest most loserly players on your team and embrace them as loveable losers

There is a deep fondness in my heart for Captain for a day Steve McKenna from the X Gen loser Pens. In fact I can list dozens of those dorks with a song of love in my heart

It's the only way to survive. Other than quiting being a fan which is obviously no real choice to make.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
You gotta learn to find the saddest most loserly players on your team and embrace them as loveable losers

There is a deep fondness in my heart for Captain for a day Steve McKenna from the X Gen loser Pens.

It's the only way to survive. Other than quiting being a fan which is obviously no real choice to make.

That's the problem, they aren't loveable. We've had lots of loveable losers. These guys are trash

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Even if you don't care about the topic, I would think/hope most people can appreciate the effort that went into designing these Pride jerseys. They should bring in outsiders on the regular. It's about the only way we're going to get something different.

Id have happily bought a flyers pride jersey off auction had they put even an iota of thought into theirs. Like - probably in addition to the St Patty's day one too, not even in place of it.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
f***ing gottem
Remember me fondly when he bans me

Even if you don't care about the topic, I would think/hope most people can appreciate the effort that went into designing these Pride jerseys. They should bring in outsiders on the regular. It's about the only way we're going to get something different.
A smart org would do something similar with their new jerseys.

Have artists submit concepts, then pick a handful and let people vote. Anythings better than just going back to another shitty throwback.

Lara Emily

Jul 5, 2013
/low growl/ Ok I'l take it.
I come in full peace. No mocking of the Flyers, no crying if y'all mock the Pens.

It was an organic thing. I just kinda fit in with the vibes here on almost every level except which team I bleed for. So I stayed.

I said before it really put into perspective how minimally important favorite teams are in terms of creating a community of good people

Lara Emily

Jul 5, 2013
Wouldn’t mind if you joined in on that too.
And wouldn’t mind also if you condemned the non lovable Pens losers (couple dirty rats they had in the past). You could probably guess the ones I’m hinting at.

Clarification

The dirty rats who weren't key cup pieces or does that include the ones that were lol

Cause like Cooke and Ulf Samuelsson were absolutely the dirty f***s you can only make excuses for when they wear your team's sweater but both were instrumental in winning cups in Pittsburgh.

But guys like Tom Sesisto, or Billy Tibbits, Dan Carcillo f*** those shits...

Stevie Downey is a weird one cause he tried to be a reformed guy in Pittsburgh and wasn't a terrible contributer in his short stint.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad