Miscellaneous NHL Discussion XCIII: Spring has Sprung

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which Team's Post-Season Bandwagon are You Joining? (79+ points listed as of March 29)

• Boston

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Carolina

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • New Jersey

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Vegas

• NY Rangers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toronto

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Los Angeles

• Minnesota

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Edmonton

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Colorado

• Dallas

• Tampa Bay

• Seattle

• NY Islanders

• Winnipeg

• Calgary

• Nashville

• Pittsburgh

• Florida

• None, the Flyers aren't in it

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • A team not listed should they make the post-season

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013

I just saw that he has scored 30 PP goals this year. That's the most in one season since Lemieux 27 years ago.
Ovechkin's career high is 25.

Will be interesting to see the Oilers in the playoffs this year. Best offense and worst defense.

Reactions: BigToe

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
It is one isolated instance but descriptive of the medium. In a rare time listening to any sports radio show, I recall a fan calling ESPN's national show and touting the CAR-EDM series of a few years ago. The ESPN host -- remember the King of Sports or whatever they referenced themselves -- said in so many words "No hockey talk Whenever I think of hockey I think of someone named Sven in Minnesota living in his parent's basement." If that was said about any other particular fanbase, for a moment think of womens' basketball since that is the genesis of this current conversation, would the host have a gig the next day? ESPN is a blighted and bloated self-promoting and grandiose scourge that has too many mimicks to even count. And it was a wonderful product at one point when the hosts and anchors put the highlights first and the attitudes second or even better non-existent.

I loved 90's Sportscenter. Haven't really watched anything on ESPN since then other than actual games. Coming home after school and watching ESPN back then, you never knew what you'd get. Could be monster trucks, no name wrastlin leagues, roller derby, motocross, anything. I'd still take roller derby over the "reality TV" that's it is now. Beef is right

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Hits 30 for the 2nd time in his glorious career.

The only thing that pains me about this season is that Giroux won't be able to get his 1000th point against the Flyers.

Ottawa’s goalie rockin’ the yellow glove is an interesting look.
He just came over from Liga, i believe, and probably couldnt get an Ottawa colored set yet

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
I just saw that he has scored 30 PP goals this year. That's the most in one season since Lemieux 27 years ago.
Ovechkin's career high is 25.

Will be interesting to see the Oilers in the playoffs this year. Best offense and worst defense.
Someone's gotta put up all goals video soon, but Drai is basically like left handed ovechkin on the pp this year. It's just snipe city with passing ability on top.

Brayden Schenn has played 424 games for flyers and he already has 421 for Blues. Just goes to show you how long we've been enduring this shit show.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
At this point, the only team we have to worry about passing is Vancouver. They are 4 points ahead and both teams have 5 games left. Our schedule looks tougher though.

There's also an outside chance Arizona could catch the Flyers. They are 4 points behind but we have 1 game in hand. Not likely.

Reactions: GapToothedWonder

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Didn't see this posted yet but this article does a great job, thanks to Meghan Duggan, at highlighting what "Pride Night" is all about and why it's important.

“It’s not about endorsing certain values,” she explained in an interview with The Athletic on Tuesday night. “It’s just about saying to a group of people that have been excluded in so many different areas of their life that ‘you’re welcome here.’”

Audible Velvet

Jul 9, 2015
Philthadelphia
Didn't see this posted yet but this article does a great job, thanks to Meghan Duggan, at highlighting what "Pride Night" is all about and why it's important.

Too many people ignore this point. Many will regardless of being explained or not. They simply won’t ever accept “those people” and continue to see them as a threat

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
At this point, the only team we have to worry about passing is Vancouver. They are 4 points ahead and both teams have 5 games left. Our schedule looks tougher though.

There's also an outside chance Arizona could catch the Flyers. They are 4 points behind but we have 1 game in hand. Not likely.
I wouldn’t even say there’s an outside chance they catch Arizona. They are in free fall mode, have lost their last 8 and have been blown out their last 2 with one being against the lowly sharks. I’d be surprised if they win a single game the rest of the year let alone the minimum 3 of their last 4 needed to pass the flyers with the flyers losing out. We are pretty much locked in at 7 imo.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

I imagine it's hard for these people(and I'm not defending the point of view) to say "you're welcome here" when they all thoroughly believe these people shouldn't just not be here, but not exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad