Miscellaneous NHL Discussion XCIII: Spring has Sprung

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which Team's Post-Season Bandwagon are You Joining? (79+ points listed as of March 29)

• Boston

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Carolina

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • New Jersey

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Vegas

• NY Rangers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toronto

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Los Angeles

• Minnesota

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Edmonton

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Colorado

• Dallas

• Tampa Bay

• Seattle

• NY Islanders

• Winnipeg

• Calgary

• Nashville

• Pittsburgh

• Florida

• None, the Flyers aren't in it

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • A team not listed should they make the post-season

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Every year there are players picked outside of the top 5 that are better than players inside of the top 5. I'm not worried about there being an excellent prospect available at 7-9.

I'm just confident that the Flyers won't be able to identify that prospect and draft him lol
Right but having as many high end options available as possible raises the chances of an incompetent team accidentally picking someone good.

If I cared about this pile of shit franchise I’d be very worried about it.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Purchased some more old Bears programs that arrived from today. This 2002 program has this ad with a little kid in a Brent Thompson jersey. Brent played for Hershey that year and is Tage's dad. Was wondering if this might be Tage or some random kid wearing Brent's jersey.
20230406_201850.jpg

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Matthew Tkachuk just obliterated Debrincat with an open ice hit. :amazed:

Brady just ran Lyon on the next shift without a penalty (he "fell" into him) and G scores shortly afterwards. :laugh:

I don’t think that’s dirty by the law. But I despise those hits. When a player is engaged with another, has no chance to protect himself, can’t see it coming. It’s bush league, and I have no doubt Tkachuk did it specifically against *pause* road kill. “I want to concuss him” is the only logic with predatory shit like this. Tkachuk was skating into that hit before the puck even squirted to DeBrincat.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
No way this wasnt intentional lmao

I don’t think that’s dirty by the law. But I despise those hits. When a player is engaged with another, has no chance to protect himself, can’t see it coming. It’s bush league, and I have no doubt Tkachuk did it specifically against *pause* road kill.

Yep - predatory as f***...but not much you can do about it other than have someone kick his ass (which didnt happen)...or do what his brother did and run someone else lol

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
They're not far away from being legitimatelycompetitive, but they're done for this season.

They’re a couple good off-season additions/subtractions (probably D and G) and coaching hire worthy of their young talent away from being competitive. I’m not sure they’ll follow the Devils level of turnaround, but something in that vein. To think they still blew quite a lot of picks going for big + fit.

Norris coming back makes that group crazy deep up front.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Matthew Tkachuk just obliterated Debrincat with an open ice hit. :amazed:

Brady just ran Lyon on the next shift without a penalty (he "fell" into him) and G scores shortly afterwards. :laugh:

Anybody who refers to DeBrincat as 'The Cat' should be given an expedited trip to The Musher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad