Euro: Final - Spain v. England - July 14

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
I guess this is the worst possible outcome for England overall. Yet another heartbreak, but on paper way too much success to prompt a serious rethinking. Hey, Southgate led them to two Euro finals in a row, so good work right there, eh? Let's continue and ignore the haters.

A shame. Would be great to see this English squad managed by a competent coach and try to play some actual football from minute 1. The quality is there.

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
8wzvvw.jpg

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Clearly not fit for most / all of this tournament. The fastest I saw him move today was when he was being subbed off. Should have seen Toney or Watkins at halftime, if not in the starting lineup. I don't understand why Southgate kept playing him.
Same reason Foden stayed on until the 89th minute. His strategy was to put out his "best" players and hope. There was no actual strategy to fit players strengths together or put players in a position to play to their strengths.

Reactions: Jussi

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I guess this is the worst possible outcome for England overall. Yet another heartbreak, but on paper way too much success to prompt a serious rethinking. Hey, Southgate led them to two Euro finals in a row, so good work right there, eh? Let's continue and ignore the haters.

A shame. Would be great to see this English squad managed by a competent coach and try to play some actual football from minute 1. The quality is there.
If you're an England fan it's probably the worst possible result.

If you're a fan of hilarity, it's probably the best possible result because we're almost guaranteed to see this again.

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
If you're an England fan it's probably the worst possible result.

If you're a fan of hilarity, it's probably the best possible result because we're almost guaranteed to see this again.

I am neither. I am a football fan, so I love to see talented squads play good football. For me it's always a shame to see an opportunity or even a whole generation wasted, no matter which country.

Reactions: gary69

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I don't think it's that bad a result for England overall. Yeah they'll wonder if they ever get over the hump but eh if you make an international Final that means you've had some great memorable wins before then. Their fans will never forget Watkins' winner, Bellingham's late tying bicycle kick, winning that penalty shootout. Losing at the final hurdle isn't great but it beats early exits and failures to qualify, both not too distant in the past of the England team.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
He was maybe the 3rd best spanish player. He won because of his City credentials.
Body of work as a whole though. Also not a strong BDO year. I would not have had a problem if Nico Williams got Player of the Tournament

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
I don't think it's that bad a result for England overall. Yeah they'll wonder if they ever get over the hump but eh if you make an international Final that means you've had some great memorable wins before then. Their fans will never forget Watkins' winner, Bellingham's late tying bicycle kick, winning that penalty shootout. Losing at the final hurdle isn't great but it beats early exits and failures to qualify, both not too distant in the past of the England team.

Is this real 😂😂😂

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Southgate: We were right in there when we got the equalizer

Yeah until you took them back out of it right after the equlizer

This f***er just used the 'one day less to prepare' excuse lmao.

And no you weren't in it for 80 minutes, knobhead.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Spain's future looks great too, even if you had to replace someone from the backline. it shouldn't be that hard to find a goal scoring forward, even if Morata at least put in a good hustling effort and work rate and showed leadership.

Gavi & Pedri can play a bigger role in the next tournament, Cubarsi should progress etc.

Reactions: PeteWorrell

Nikolajs Sillers

Jan 2, 2021
TML- England. Seen picture with Europe map were all countries was for Spain less England ( funny). Is home Spain? :laugh:

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Rodri went off at HT and Spain's response was to just destroy England. Great mentality and resilience.
Exactly, Spain's usual midfield is Rodri-Pedri-Gavi, They had none of them in that second half.

I get giving best player of the tournament to Rodri, but I need to give HM to Fabian Ruiz and Dani Olmo. Especially Ruiz unlocked a level I hadn't seen from him since he won player of the tournament a couple years back at the U21 Euros. And from the teams that didn't go far I thought Cody Gakpo, Joshua Kimmich and Nuno Mendes had amazing tournaments.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad