Biggest pet peeves in hockey?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
Not sure if it was mentioned but when a player breaks his stick and stays on the ice. You’re almost useless without a stick. Go get it and get back in the play.

Reactions: johan f

Evergreen

They usually only do that in their own end, it would be worse if there was no player there at all than one without a stick.
Often the guy without a stick ends up being stuck out there for 30 seconds or more unable to really do anything. They could have gone to the bench in about 5 seconds even from their defensive end. A replacement could be ready to jump on right away.

Reactions: Neil Racki

Axe Man

Sponsor
Jul 31, 2009
Nearby
Sorry if someone posted this already but I want to bring back regulation ties. Each team gets 1 point after 60 minutes and its settled. No more people complaining about loser points or having to spend extra time trying to figure out how many wins a team really has.

Reactions: 555Upstairs

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Sorry if someone posted this already but I want to bring back regulation ties. Each team gets 1 point after 60 minutes and its settled. No more people complaining about loser points or having to spend extra time trying to figure out how many wins a team really has.
Fans that attend live games hate ties, especially STH. That ship has sailed.
Fix the point system.

Last edited:

Roomtemperature

Apr 8, 2008
New Jersey
Ironically my pet peeve is people who think ties in this day and age is in anyway viable or wouldn't be massively unpopular

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Zoomers crying about the shootout when they were under 5 years old in the pre shootout era. Whining about the shootout seems to be a right of passage for hockey hockey fans. You aren't part of the club unless you whine about the shootout. Even though the subject still exists because boomers always bring it up. And boomers are perpetually stuck in the early 2000's. They at least have an excuse.

Losing in Game 7 of the SCF.
Imagine having 5 cups and saying this like its some ice cold take. Try losing game 7's in the SCF twice in your lifetime with no cups. You sweet summer child.

Reactions: Roomtemperature

westc2

Nov 2, 2015
St. Louis, MO
Players that are constantly spitting everywhere while sitting on the bench. They spit on the floor, they spit on the inside of the boards where people put their water bottles, they spit over the boards onto the ice. What are you, a f'in camel? It's so disgusting.

Also players who don't care that you can smell their nasty equipment from 15 feet away because of the amount of bacteria living in it.

Reactions: nofehr

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Biggest pet peeve in hockey?

The DoPS not disciplining blatant dirty plays because they didn't result in an injury, while suspending for reckless, but non-malicious plays that resulted in injury.

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
Fans that attend live games hate ties, especially STH. That ship has sailed.
Fix the point system.
While I too preferred a system with ties, the point system is far more frustrating. The cynicism the NHL in having in an inherently unfair system in which some games are worth 2 pts and others 3 (so that true optimists and those naive people who don't know any better can call their well-below average teams .500 teams) is a sad reflection on human character and vies, for me, with the inconsistency of the Department of Player Safety and "game management" by game officials for most frustrating "thing" in hockey.. (Can anyone tell from that wording that I find something frustrating? ;))

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
"If Gretzky can get traded anyone can get traded!"

No, for f*** sakes, no. Unless players are allowed to be bought and sold as commodities again, not just any player will get traded for any reason. Makes me cringe every time I hear it.

Reactions: pekka55 and byrath

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
NHL: 5 minute 3 on 3, play 10.
Hockey in general: Parent politics in kids hockey

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
The blatant cap circumvention that's going on.

Also...

That guy whose name sounds like Batman but he looks like the Penguin.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Certain announcers referring to assists as “helpers”
"apples"

crying.gif

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Certain announcers referring to assists as “helpers”

Or kicking the puck as "soccering the puck" to try and sound more interesting

I don't know if its a pet peeve but I've literally never heard the term "riverboat gambler" used in my entire life for anything except for an offensive hockey player with poor defensive awareness.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020

Don't get it. Nostalgia is the only reason people want it because it reminds them of their youth. Objectively ties are terrible. So many times amazing hockey games go to OT and I hate that it goes to a shootout. Would hate it more to not have a winner

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad