Biggest pet peeves in hockey?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nogatco Rd

Did you just call me Coltrane?
Apr 3, 2021
Don't get it. Nostalgia is the only reason people want it because it reminds them of their youth. Objectively ties are terrible. So many times amazing hockey games go to OT and I hate that it goes to a shootout. Would hate it more to not have a winner
The only reason? Are people who don’t like 3 pt games/point inflation skewing the standings just nostalgic? Or people who grew up watching soccer where ties are routine?

I hate ties too but it’s ignorant to dismiss anyone who disagrees with you as “nostalgic”

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
Never understood the hate of a tied hockey game. Sometimes two teams are just evenly matched or a skater or goalie make up for his team’s lackluster play. I’d rather see a tie than an overtime or shootout loss. In today’s game “playing for the tie” is just a team holding onto the puck in 3 on 3

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Zoomers crying about the shootout when they were under 5 years old in the pre shootout era. Whining about the shootout seems to be a right of passage for hockey hockey fans. You aren't part of the club unless you whine about the shootout. Even though the subject still exists because boomers always bring it up. And boomers are perpetually stuck in the early 2000's. They at least have an excuse.

Imagine having 5 cups and saying this like its some ice cold take. Try losing game 7's in the SCF twice in your lifetime with no cups. You sweet summer child.
index.php

byrath

Jan 28, 2008
St. Louis, MO
Don't get it. Nostalgia is the only reason people want it because it reminds them of their youth. Objectively ties are terrible. So many times amazing hockey games go to OT and I hate that it goes to a shootout. Would hate it more to not have a winner
10 minutes OT and call it a tie after that. Teams probably average 1-2 ties per season, maybe even less if they tweak OT to stop all the retreating

Chet Manley

Apr 15, 2007
Regina, SK
1. Dynamic/animated board ads. They are intrusive during gameplay and make me want to start some sort of boycott campaign against any company paying to be a part of it.
2. Such strong ties to gambling.
3. Regulation wins being weighted the same as OT/SO wins.

Reactions: Prairie Habs

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Oh, and once again people saying “offsides” instead of “Offside”

If you say Offsides, you deserve 5-6 months in jail.
Maybe I'm crazy, but doesn't it depend on context?

Player goes "offside" vs the general "offsides" rule?

:dunno:

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
The fraction of a skate blade offside reviews.
Also agreed with this. It's annoying as hell to watch a 3 minute zoomed in replay that's grainy as hell at .005 speed.

As a fan, it's honestly hard to get fired up for a goal these days. I'm not confident until the puck drops after. There will be a goal, they'll show the other coach staring at an ipad for 15 seconds and you're just like "f*** sakes"

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Also agreed with this. It's annoying as hell to watch a 3 minute zoomed in replay that's grainy as hell at .005 speed.

As a fan, it's honestly hard to get fired up for a goal these days. I'm not confident until the puck drops after. There will be a goal, they'll show the other coach staring at an ipad for 15 seconds and you're just like "f*** sakes"

How soon before Bet365 gets in on the replay decision?

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
Constant endless passing on a power play. To the point the team in advantage gets maybe 1 or 2 shots on net over a full 2 mins. Shoot… the… f***ing… puck!

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
When LaPanta says the Wild "have numbers at center" when it's a 2 on 2 rush

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
It’s not up for discussion.

Player went offside. He didn’t go offsides.
That play was offside. That play wasn’t offsides.
You seem insecure for some reason...

"Offsides" as a general term without discussing a specific play seems reasonable. I thought my example should've made that clear to you - there's a distinction that you glossed over.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
You seem insecure for some reason...

"Offsides" as a general term without discussing a specific play seems reasonable. I thought my example should've made that clear to you - there's a distinction that you glossed over.
It's not up for discussion. It's Offside and that's all there is to it, my man.

If you think otherwise I'll be calling the cops.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Ajoie @ Fribourg Gotteron
    Ajoie @ Fribourg Gotteron
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $105.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Zurich Lions @ Biel
    Zurich Lions @ Biel
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $45.00