Euro: Final - Spain v. England - July 14

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

K1900L

Dec 27, 2019
This was an all-time run by Spain. Won every game, scored the most goals, beat the likes of Croatia, Italy, Germany, France, England. What's more is that their squad doesn't even look that impressive.
They have been the biggest and most successful football nation for 16 years now, great youth-development throughout without any holes, each player superbly educated and trained in any part of the game. The fact that some of their players don't play for 'big' clubs doesn't mean anything, because there is no drop in quality at all.

It's just that the Premier League and English football are vastly overrated as well.

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Deserved winners, the best team throughout the tournament. Had the chances to win by more.

England were how they have been all tournament. Hopefully Southgate realises it's time for someone else.

Reactions: Evilo

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
Refreshing to see a national side play a club style of football at these tournaments. Spain were the most consistent team start to finish, deserved winners.

That has to be curtains for Southgate, too much talent on that England side to be playing terror ball.

Last edited:
Reactions: luiginb

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
I'm not an England fan so I hope they keep Southgate.
If they wanted to try to really unlock their potential though I think Jurgen Klopp would be the best choice.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Crazy stat they just mentioned. Rodri since the start of 2023, 8 total lost games for club and country, 8 trophies won.

One thing they have known at Man City has been to make their midfield generals the best and most consistent at their posistion for a long time now: Yaya Toure, Fernadinho and now Rodri.

Of course they were all good before joining City, but they upped it a lone more evel with City.

lindros07

Jul 11, 2024
Brazil
🤫
1000065700.jpg

A German will never manage England.
I think that thinking was the same with non-British Managers in England up until the 90s, never say never.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I think that thinking was the same with non-British Managers in England up until the 90s, never say never.
England consider Germany their main rivals and almost everything within the England setup is viewed through an anti-German lens. It'd be a huge risk for everyone involved given how massive the pressure would be. But even beyond the rivalry, it's always risk to take a job for a nation that is not your own, especially at a big nation. The FA would be reluctant to offer it, the manager would be reluctant to take it.

But in any event, it's an immensely difficult job for anyone given that quite apparently nothing but a tournament title is sufficient for the public. Who comes out of the England job with their reputation enhanced?

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
England consider Germany their main rivals and almost everything within the England setup is viewed through an anti-German lens. It'd be a huge risk for everyone involved given how massive the pressure would be. But even beyond the rivalry, it's always risk to take a job for a nation that is not your own, especially at a big nation. The FA would be reluctant to offer it, the manager would be reluctant to take it.

But in any event, it's an immensely difficult job for anyone given that quite apparently nothing but a tournament title is sufficient for the public. Who comes out of the England job with their reputation enhanced?
I mean it’s 2024. Kloop is a well respected winning manager in the EPL. I can’t believe xenophobia would prevent him from being hired.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
DLF wants the US job supposedly and I say I goddamn hope that's true
Yeah just read about it:

Via WP:
Representatives for Spanish men’s national team coach Luis de la Fuente have contacted the U.S. Soccer Federation about the Americans’ position, which opened last week when Gregg Berhalter was fired.

De la Fuente, 63, guided Spain past England in the European Championship final Sunday in Berlin, capping a perfect run through the tournament for its first continental title since 2012.

Massoud Roushandel confirmed to The Washington Post that he and Vicente Montes emailed USSF Sporting Director Matt Crocker on Friday about de la Fuente’s interest in the job. Roushandel is president of Global Elite Sports Group, a U.S.-Spanish management firm. He works closely with Montes, a prominent Spanish sports attorney and de la Fuente’s adviser.

lindros07

Jul 11, 2024
Brazil
Yeah just read about it:

Via WP:
Or a reserve if he lost the final or he's like pep and wants a new challenge, and let's face it, any coach who would take over the United States and take them to a semi-final or even the final in 2026, would gain a lot of prestige, Not to mention the challenge.

Ronaldo has 6 in 21, besides Portugal were far from contenders after their golden generation retired.
I would agree from 2008 (Mainly 2010) to 2014, But from 2015 onwards, good talents began to emerge, today for example I don't see Portugal as being much inferior to the other teams in talent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad