Confirmed with Link: [EDM/NYR] Ryan Strome for Ryan Spooner

Status
Not open for further replies.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Yuck. Hate Strome. Hated him since he was still a blue chip prospect, hate him even more now that he’s a proven bust. Don’t care about Spooner but don’t want Strome on this team.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Same. Unless it’s just for this season in which case it’s probably not so bad. But couldn’t the Rangers have just taken back an extra crap contract?
You can’t be selective in which years you retain on. All of them or none of them.

Reactions: egelband

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
giphy.gif

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
There were rumors that the Rangers liked Strome before he was dealt to Edmonton. My guess is the Rangers were looking to bring him in because they have seen something in him. They would have caught quite a few games of his while in NY.

It's interesting a bit because many fans thought his brother Dylan was going to be a Ranger as part of the Stepan deal but the Rangers received ADA (good?).

I think there is more for him to tap into. In Edmonton he wasn't exactly playing with good players. The depth in NY is far better. It also gives the Rangers another guy who can play center on a regular basis. Spooner was not that.

Reactions: TheTakedown and Ori

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Don't expect much in the way of offensive production, but fwiw I think this is a fair deal for both teams. Strome has a lot of the intangibles but little of the tangibles, if that makes any sense. Good defensively, decent enough passer, not afraid of a physical game, seems like a good guy and will stick up for teammates, etc. Good luck to him back in New York.

Reactions: egelband

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
for NYR 3 small benefits -
Strome is younger, RHS, and (per CF) will be RFA after next season.
Letting Quinn try to reestablish a 25-yr old ex-5th overall seems a no-lose to me.
Don't love the retention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad