Confirmed with Link: [EDM/NYR] Ryan Strome for Ryan Spooner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
weird trade but why not give both guys a shot somewhere else i guess, even though both guys kinda suck. don't like the retention part as 31 mentioned as it limits possible further retention at the deadline.

Reactions: egelband

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I think you guys will like Strome.

He's about as vanilla as you can get as a hockey player. Basically average to below average at everything, but he's smart and plays a fairly detail oriented defensive game.

Good team guy too, by the sounds of it. He was helping the young guys this year and Puljujarvi really liked him, so might be a good fit with your young players.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
strome can pk so thats a plus. i guess.

he cant drive any line at all. the 2 wingers on his line just got worse.

he processes the game at marc staal speed.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Should have never brought spooner back. Total waste of 4 million dollars. Bad mistake for a rebuilding team that didn’t need both spooner and namestnikov should have been one or the other at most and neither should have for multiple years.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I would have preferred a pick, but Spooner was shit this year so what kind of pick would he return? Totally invisible.

Not sure Strome really fits into the rebuild, but I guess he's young enough to still conceivably become something decent.

Whatever. Lateral move even if we returned a better player.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Should have never brought spooner back. Total waste of 4 million dollars. Bad mistake for a rebuilding team that didn’t need both spooner and namestnikov should have been one or the other at most and neither should have for multiple years.
Agreed. I wouldn't have brought either back to be honest.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Can they play strome with Lias on his wing? Maybe make an actual legit 4th line? Blow Lettieri out guy is a joke
McLeod-Strome-Lias would probably be the slowest line in the league

Anyway, decent trade, Stromes a RHS and is at least better defensively than Spooner

Last edited:
Reactions: RoarLionRoar

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I remember when Spooner signed a lot of people were concerned about how that 2nd year would impact his trade value. Well he fell off a cliff and I think it’s safe to say those concerns are justified now. If he was on a one year deal I think we could have gotten some sort of mid round pick and been done with him. With the second year, we were looking at a change of scenery type swap.

Taswell

Oct 4, 2017
Isles fan coming in peace. Think this could work out for you and Ryan. He never fit well in Edmonton for whatever reason and while he is slow, he's defensively responsible and he does have playmaking talent somewhere still in there. He will probably have a 5 point night against us next week.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
I heard about this 2 weeks ago during the West Coast trip and mentioned it. I promised not to tell Any names to My source. These guys are very Adamant about things like this. And They frequent these boards. Now I am more trusted...

It's me Austin

Reactions: effen

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I heard about this 2 weeks ago during the West Coast trip and mentioned it. I promised not to tell Any names to My source. These guys are very Adamant about things like this. And They frequent these boards. Now I am more trusted...
You mentioned the player names involved? Don't remember seeing that

Also GMJG just said that they are considering the possibility of Strome on the wing with his righty shot. They like his center ability and that he can PK. He is good defensively. But regardless it sounds like this does not mean for sure someone is going to be sent down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad