Proposal: Brodin to Habs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Tavares highest productive season in his 20's so far is like what? 86 pts 4 seasons ago. He then had drop off but another 84 pts season last year. He's on pace for 87 pts this year. I'm willing to bet he is a pt/game player still in his early 30's
I'd be willing to bet that too, the likely decline comes around 32/33. He's also got the best supporting cast of his career by a wide margin, so it's not all him

Anyway, no examples of similar D men to Brodin getting traded for packages built around considerably worse prospects than Suzuki?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Anyway, no examples of similar D men to Brodin getting traded for packages built around considerably worse prospects than Suzuki?

I had to re-read the last post you made before this one. I don't see your examples? So not sure where you posted this? Remember, you are the one who made the claim so all I'm doing is asking you to support it with examples that either you didn't provide or I didn't notice. Now you want me to go on your witch hunt? Not going to waste my time. I'm just curious to see the examples that you claim has happened.... Show me, I'm curious

Brodin
- Top 4D in his mid 20's
- 3 years till UFA
- 20-25 pts production but a very reliable top 4D

Vs

Suzuki
- Grade A Prosect
- Age 19 and trending very well in development in his draft +1 and +2 years
- 237 pts in his last 157 games with 107 goals in the OHL (last 3 seasons)

Personally, I'm not paying grade A prospect price for Brodin due to 20-25 pts of production. I rather just wait and acquire a guy in the UFA market that also plays a reliable game on the back end. If Brodin had 40-50 pts, then yeah, his value starts to become a Grade A prospect and more. But we have not seen this potential from him yet so not going to pay the pry-away factor in price to acquire

Last edited:
Reactions: Cobra Commander

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
I had to re-read the last post you made before this one. I don't see your examples? So not sure where you posted this? Remember, you are the one who made the claim so all I'm doing is asking you to support it with examples that either you didn't provide or I didn't notice. Now you want me to go on your witch hunt? Not going to waste my time. I'm just curious to see the examples that you claim has happened.... Show me, I'm curious

Brodin
- Top 4D in his mid 20's
- 3 years till UFA

Vs

Suzuki
- Grade A Prosect

Personally, I'm not paying grade A prospect price for Brodin due to 20-25 pts of production. I rather just wait and acquire a guy in the UFA market that also plays a reliable game on the back end. If Brodin had 40-50 pts, then yeah, his value starts to become a Grade A prospect and more. But we have not seen this potential from him yet so not going to pay the pry-away factor in price to acquire
I asked you for examples, I provided mine. So show me, I'm curious. You're really avoiding showing your work here. This wasn't about what you would do, you said that guys like Suzuki don't get traded for guys like Brodin, which they do in real life

Brodin also gets virtually no PP time, so 20-25 pts of offense is roughly the equivalent of 35-40 for someone who got similar PP time to Petry. You're underestimating his offense badly

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I asked you for examples, I provided mine. So show me, I'm curious. You're really avoiding showing your work here. This wasn't about what you would do, you said that guys like Suzuki don't get traded for guys like Brodin, which they do in real life

Brodin also gets virtually no PP time, so 20-25 pts of offense is roughly the equivalent of 35-40 for someone who got similar PP time to Petry. You're underestimating his offense badly

Move on. You made a point with nothing to back it up. Now you are asking me to provide examples to back up your point I don't agree with?

giphy.gif

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Move on. You made a point with nothing to back it up. Now you are asking me to provide examples to back up your point I don't agree with?

giphy.gif
so I'll take this as a skirting of providing any sort of support for your opinion? It's weird for someone who claims to be in such an evidentiary field to be so averse to looking at things objectively

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
so I'll take this as a skirting of providing any sort of support for your opinion? It's weird for someone who claims to be in such an evidentiary field to be so averse to looking at things objectively

I'm not the one who fails to provide substance to back up your opinion. Don't get upset. I know you have zero examples. I find it just weird you want me to waste my time going on a witch hunt for you?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

Brodin
- Top 4D in his mid 20's
- 3 years till UFA

Vs

Suzuki
- Grade A Prosect

All other things aside, you wouldn't be acquiring Brodin for his production, you'd be acquiring him for his production prevention.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
I'm not the one who fails to provide substance to back up your opinion. Don't get upset. I know you have zero examples. I find it just weird you want me to waste my time going on a witch hunt for you?
you are, unless you have the memory of a goldfish then you've seen my substantiation with two examples, you haven't offered any of your own. I only repeated back your own demands, so if you feel like those are unrealistic you should find a mirror and have a long look into it

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
you are, unless you have the memory of a goldfish then you've seen my substantiation with two examples, you haven't offered any of your own. I only repeated back your own demands, so if you feel like those are unrealistic you should find a mirror and have a long look into it

You only bounced the question back to me cause you didn't have any examples to back up your opinion

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Still at it? My god you love to clog up threads with your never ending arguing over nothing.

Suzuki is superior to all of your prospects, just accept it and move on.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Still at it? My god you love to clog up threads with your never ending arguing over nothing.
lol, and this message was intended to...do something other than argue over nothing?

I don't have a dog in this fight, just pointing out that in the real world guys like Suzuki do get traded for players of Brodin's caliber with additions on the Suzuki side. It's delusional to think otherwise being that you guys were literally just on the other side of that same equation, but you and the Habs homer crew are good at delusional

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
lol, and this message was intended to...do something other than argue over nothing?

I don't have a dog in this fight, just pointing out that in the real world guys like Suzuki do get traded for players of Brodin's caliber with additions on the Suzuki side. It's delusional to think otherwise being that you guys were literally just on the other side of that same equation, but you and the Habs homer crew are good at delusional
You are the one that is in a Habs thread posting out of your spite for the Habs.
Suzuki was the main piece Bergy was targeting for Pacioretty, Bergevin even said it. Everyone thought Tatar was regressing. And a 2nd pick...

You would have to add a lot to Brodin to get Pacioretty wouldn’t you think?

Brodin
Tatar
2nd

This does not get you Pacioretty at the time the trade went down.

Your arguments are crap. Suzuki is more than fair value for Brodin.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013

Brodin
- Top 4D in his mid 20's
- 3 years till UFA

Vs

Suzuki
- Grade A Prosect

That is fine since you can't get a 3d with non roster prospect outside the HFboards.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
You are the one that is in a Habs thread posting out of your spite for the Habs.
Suzuki was the main piece Bergy was targeting for Pacioretty, Bergevin even said it. Everyone thought Tatar was regressing. And a 2nd pick...

You would have to add a lot to Brodin to get Pacioretty wouldn’t you think?

Brodin
Tatar
2nd

This does not get you Pacioretty at the time the trade went down.

Your arguments are crap. Suzuki is more than fair value for Brodin.
no spite for the Habs, just find there's a lot of super-homer HFhabs posters

Suzuki was the main piece for Pacioretty, which was my point. There was some big adds from Vegas' side too, and Brodin is at least as valuable a player as Pacioretty 1 for 1, so it takes at least Suzuki to get Brodin. You guys are either wildly undervaluing Brodin or wildly overvaluing Suzuki, I'm suspecting more of the first column as we go along here

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
207, 226, 229, 232. Where's yours?

I gave you the benefit of the doubt and went back in the past. What a waste of time

- Patch for 5 years is the not the same as Brodin for 3 years. Even you yourself admitted to it.
- Hall vs Larsson. :facepalm:

Sorry, I don't see any solid example to sagest that Brodin types are traded for Suzuki types. Remember, were talking about Brodin, A top 4D with 20-25 pts of proven production vs Suzuki, A grade A Prospect who has trended very well in his draft +1 and + 2 years of development. I also feel the need to remind you that it's Brodin with 3 years in term as well.

I don't have any examples to prove your point.. that's why I ask you to provide your own examples. The examples you provided don't fit

Last edited:

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
no spite for the Habs, just find there's a lot of super-homer HFhabs posters

Suzuki was the main piece for Pacioretty, which was my point. There was some big adds from Vegas' side too, and Brodin is at least as valuable a player as Pacioretty 1 for 1, so it takes at least Suzuki to get Brodin. You guys are either wildly undervaluing Brodin or wildly overvaluing Suzuki, I'm suspecting more of the first column as we go along here
You are going to just say right now that Brodin is more than fair value 1 for 1 for Pacioretty? :facepalm:

Now you are taking your spite for Habs players to a new Level. :dunce:

@Randy Randerson believes that Brodin equals Pacioretty in value. :facepalm:

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
I gave you the benefit of the doubt and went back in the past. What a waste of time

- Patch for 5 years is the not the same as Brodin for 3 years. Even you yourself admitted to it.
- Hall vs Larsson. :facepalm:

Sorry, I don't see any solid example to sagest that Brodin types are traded for Suzuki types. Remember, were talking about Brodin, A top 4D with 20-25 pts of proven production vs Suzuki, A grade A Prospect who has trended very well in his draft +1 and + 2 years of development.

I don't have any examples to prove your point.. that's why I ask you to provide your own examples. The examples you provided don't fit
Brodin with 3 years is worth more than Pacioretty with 5, is what I said. Age and performance up to the time of the trade matter

keep burying your head in the sand if you want to, you'll need to give up a Suzuki+ if you want someone on Brodin's level, age and contract at any position
You are going to just say right now that Brodin is more than fair value 1 for 1 for Pacioretty? :facepalm:

Now you are taking your spite for Habs players to a new Level. :dunce:

@Randy Randerson believes that Brodin equals Pacioretty in value. :facepalm:
I'd actually argue that current Brodin> time of the trade Pacioretty in terms of trade value, but similar tier

but again its looking like you don't know what kind of player Brodin is

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Brodin with 3 years is worth more than Pacioretty with 5, is what I said. Age and performance up to the time of the trade matter

keep burying your head in the sand if you want to, you'll need to give up a Suzuki+ if you want someone on Brodin's level, age and contract at any position

I stopped reading after the 1st sentence. Waste of time

giphy.gif

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center

I'd actually argue that current Brodin> time of the trade Pacioretty in terms of trade value, but similar tier

but again its looking like you don't know what kind of player Brodin is
God you are full of it, i’dd like to see 1 knowledgeable Wild fan who would agree with what you just said.

Nice editing but my comment was about your 2 last paragraphs there. Don’t switch em up again now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad