Proposal: Brodin to Habs

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
The only thing funnier than this post, is the fact there are people agreeing with it. Pull your heads out, fellas.

I know he's just been trade to Mtl but it was for a perennial 30 + goal scorer. And i know he was 1 year from UFA but in that case, it was accentuing his value since they agreed on the extension before making the deal, which is not the case with Brodin right now.

If you ask me which one had the best value between Pacioretty last summer and Brodin this coming summer?? I tell you Pacioretty without any doubt.

Pacioretty was traded for Suzuki, 2nd round and Tatar. The latter was a cap dump at that time and the cost to get him was probably the 2nd rounder or near that value. So it was most probably Pacioretty (with extension = for 5 years) for Suzuki straight up.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
I know he's just been trade to Mtl but it was for a perennial 30 + goal scorer. And i know he was 1 year from UFA but in that case, it was accentuing his value since they agreed on the extension before making the deal, which is not the case with Brodin right now.

If you ask me which one had the best value between Pacioretty last summer and Brodin this coming summer?? I tell you Pacioretty without any doubt.

Pacioretty was traded for Suzuki, 2nd round and Tatar. The latter was a cap dump at that time and the cost to get him was probably the 2nd rounder or near that value. So it was most probably Pacioretty (with extension = for 5 years) for Suzuki straight up.
Tatar had just been acquired by Vegas last TDL for a 1st, 2nd and 3rd. He wasn't good there and they likely overpaid in the first place, but his value was still very positive

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

Pacioretty was playing at a 47 point pace last season at an age where a lot of players start to decline. No way he had more value during the off-season than Brodin will this upcoming offseason.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017

so, delusional

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018

The fact that Patches had the year he had at a point in his career where it’s not unusual for players to decline is a major value killer. What made value even lower was that to get a trade done, they had to give him more money than he’s worth with term. I believe this trade is looking bad on Vegas solely for that contract.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
The fact that Patches had the year he had at a point in his career where it’s not unusual for players to decline is a major value killer. What made value even lower was that to get a trade done, they had to give him more money than he’s worth with term. I believe this trade is looking bad on Vegas solely for that contract.
Currently pacing 29+23. I’d say it’s debatable on being worth it if he paces around 30 goals. I don’t expect him to keep it around the pace for the duration of the contract though and that would be the killer for me.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I’ve never seen a fanbase make 3 years to UFA seem so much like Brodin would be a rental. Really reaching...

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Pacioretty was playing at a 47 point pace last season at an age where a lot of players start to decline. No way he had more value during the off-season than Brodin will this upcoming offseason.

Look at the price Vegas paid for him extended and you will understand they pay for a 1st line winger.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Look at the price Vegas paid for him extended and you will understand they pay for a 1st line winger.
Nah, I think if it was a legit 1st line winger it would’ve cost way more to acquire.
He is not a rental but he is also not on a 5 years contract.
Pacioretty’s contract is going to look really ugly if his production falls anymore than it already has. Then the contract length is a real negative for Pacioretty’s value.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Nah, I think if it was a legit 1st line winger it would’ve cost way more to acquire.

Pacioretty’s contract is going to look really ugly if his production falls anymore than it already has. Then the contract length is a real negative for Pacioretty’s value.

Doesn't matter if his contract looks ugly in 2 years, nor his value then. Vegas gave him 7M$/year, which is the money for a 1st line winger because they were considering him like one. And the gave a package to acquire the 1st line winger they think he is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad