Proposal: Brodin to Habs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Montreal isn't wrong to value Suzuki highly, just like we aren't wrong for valuing Kaprizov highly. The idea that Suzuki wouldn't be on the table for Brodin isn't wrong or insulting, it's their prerogative. Just like not trading Kaprizov for a guy like Zibanejad might be ours, even though he would fill an immediate need, as Brodin would for Montreal.
fwiw the start of this whole line of convo was that prospects like Suzuki don't get traded for players of Brodin's caliber, value in a vacuum rather than fit

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Well it seems your in the minority on that one.

A 30 yr old top 1st line winger have more value than your run of the mill 25 yr old #4 D. Quite easily i must add.
Well of course, if you think Brodin is a run of the mill #4D... But if you did, then that'd be like me saying Pacioretty is your run of the mill 2nd line winger. After all, last season and this season Pacioretty is pacing 82GP 24g 25a 49pts. As a comparable Jason Zucker is pacing 82GP 31g 30a 61pts. Jason Zucker is 4 years younger. Both are signed for the same term, though Zucker has a lower cap hit. I wouldn't say that Zucker has more value than Brodin. Just cause you and your cheerleader think that Pacioretty has more value now based on history doesn't actually make it true.

Reactions: BuiumSaveUs and gwh

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
participating in a main board thread, go back to the Habs forum if you want to homerate.

Brodin is a piece that the Leafs could use, came in to say that the Leafs would definitely outbid the OP, stayed for the lulz

You aren’t making any proposals or talking about how Toronto could acquire him, you are just focused on Habs bashing.
The wild don’t want your prospects, you have not 1 prospect to get excited about.

You don’t have a good enough piece to beat the Suzuki offer. Your 1st round pick will be very late and your prospects are B prospects.

So your not doing what you’re saying you’re doing, you’re just here to argue with Habs fans.

You can’t get a deal done in here, your offers suck.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The parts I took out had nothing to do with Suzuki>Brodin+Coyle. I took them out in order to save you reading time, which obviously was the wrong choice because it opened up the opportunity for more trolling to happen. The other parts were all about Brodin+Coyle for Tatar (not needed) + Mete (downgrade) + meh pieces. Then I said, "If you want Brodin+Coyle and you’re not willing to include Suzuki then at that point discussions end and I move on." To which the poster said, "Suzuki is not on the table. Try getting another grade A prospect who is developing very well from another team. Good luck. Habs pass."

Seems pretty clear. Surely even you can see that? Or are you just going to call me a troll again? I think I know the answer to that. Keep doing you, bro.

1) I didn't call you a troll. You are dreaming here and trying to create something that is not there.

2) I asked clear questions to understand it from the Wild side of things. I think you got sensitive in your interpretation

3) Suzuki is off the table and yes, I did say good luck trying to get a prospect who is trending very well in their draft +1 and +2 years. Yes, I did say that several times. Cause it's my opinion.

Brodin is a solid top 4D but with limited offensive production. 20-25 pts / Top 4D who plays good overall game and has 3 years in term left. Teams are not going to line up offering a prospect like Suzuki who is trending very well 2 years after being drafted. But hey, there is always a sucker GM, I do with the Wild luck but Suzuki is not on the table from the Habs.

Reactions: Cobra Commander

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Well of course, if you think Brodin is a run of the mill #4D... But if you did, then that'd be like me saying Pacioretty is your run of the mill 2nd line winger. After all, last season and this season Pacioretty is pacing 82GP 24g 25a 49pts. As a comparable Jason Zucker is pacing 82GP 31g 30a 61pts. Jason Zucker is 4 years younger. Both are signed for the same term, though Zucker has a lower cap hit. I wouldn't say that Zucker has more value than Brodin. Just cause you and your cheerleader think that Pacioretty has more value now based on history doesn't actually make it true.

Brodin is a solid top 4D no doubt. I value his overall game and skating ability. But he's putting up 20-25 pts man and has 3 years in term left. Yeah, Patch had an off year like so many Habs players last year but Brodin has 2 years less in term vs the sign and trade with Patch and Brodin has had 20-25 pts of production for 3 years in a row now.

The issue here is the Wild will not trade him unless they get pry-away factor. I get it. But Suzuki is not on the table. Good luck getting an asset like that from another team. I honestly think Brodin doesn't get traded for this reason. Asking price is high (too high) and he's not good enough for another GM to mortgage a very good developing grade A prospect. The 3 years in term is also a factor

Reactions: Cobra Commander

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
As discussed in an another thread, what would both fan base would think about the following proposal :

Brodin to Habs

Suzuki and Schlemko to Wild.
That would be beat by literally every team who needed a dman...which is most of them.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Brodin is a solid top 4D no doubt. I value his overall game and skating ability. But he's putting up 20-25 pts man and has 3 years in term left. Yeah, Patch had an off year like so many Habs players last year but Brodin has 2 years less in term vs the sign and trade with Patch and Brodin has had 20-25 pts of production for 3 years in a row now.

The issue here is the Wild will not trade him unless they get pry-away factor. I get it. But Suzuki is not on the table. Good luck getting an asset like that from another team. I honestly think Brodin doesn't get traded for this reason. Asking price is high (too high) and he's not good enough for another GM to mortgage a very good developing grade A prospect. The 3 years in term is also a factor
I agree with most of what you’re saying. But I also would like to try an win a cup in the next 3-4 years while Petry and Weber are still beasts, Brodin could stabilize the left side defense. Kulak is looking solid, Mete, Romanov in the pipeline. I believe Brodin for Suzuki is fair for us, potentially great for them.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Brodin has 20.4 points per 82 games played.

That’s not bad for a guy who’s good defensively.

Brodin is a 20 point defensive D-Man

Is that worth a top NHL prospect?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I agree with most of what you’re saying. But I also would like to try an win a cup in the next 3-4 years while Petry and Weber are still beasts, Brodin could stabilize the left side defense. Kulak is looking solid, Mete, Romanov in the pipeline. I believe Brodin for Suzuki is fair for us, potentially great for them.

I agree we should try to improve the team and try to win with Weber in the next 4 or 5 years. But I'm not on the Suzuki for Brodin bandwagon. I rather wait for a better opportunity and there is UFA and other players that will become available. Suzuki for a 3 year guy who gets 20-25 pts on D. Too much risks involved and Suzuki is part of our near future and future beyond Weber.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
1) I didn't call you a troll. You are dreaming here and trying to create something that is not there.
Go back and look at who I was responding to. It wasn't you, it was the poster calling me a troll and saying I fabricated things that I said. Hence, why I put my comments.

The rest isn't worth responding to. You have my answers to those comments in other posts. Been beaten to death and time to end the conversation of that topic.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Go back and look at who I was responding to. It wasn't you, it was the poster calling me a troll and saying I fabricated things that I said. Hence, why I put my comments.

The rest isn't worth responding to. You have my answers to those comments in other posts. Been beaten to death and time to end the conversation of that topic.

Post 315 was a multi answered post. In the part you replied to me, you said I called you a troll. Regardless, you clarified it in this post and I appreciate that. I think you got mixed up in that multi post reply or it got screwed up somehow

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
so you believe that Pacioretty wasn't worth Suzuki, let alone the pluses?
Sterling Malory Archer

B0888BFB-B0BA-4ED9-B8EB-D1B21829A3D4.jpeg

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I disagree. Show me when a potential top 6 rh centerman prospect has been traded recently ?? Those are never disponible. If that’s what Minnesota need, i can’t see any other team giving a better prospect than Suzuki.
The only thing funnier than this post, is the fact there are people agreeing with it. Pull your heads out, fellas.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Wild learned today vs. Calgary when Dumba gets hurt, and Suter gets in a rare fight, defensive depth is a precious thing.

Brodin ain't going nowhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad