Proposal: Brodin to Habs

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Suzuki>Brodin+Coyle.
Where did you see that. What post # again?
Or is this another typical TROLL post from you.
Here you go:
If you want Brodin+Coyle and you’re not willing to include Suzuki then at that point discussions end and I move on. Talk about ridiculous.

- Suzuki is not on the table. Try getting another grade A prospect who is developing very well from another team. Good luck. Habs pass.

"Or is this another typical TROLL post from you."

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
When you completely miss the point of the post... He was saying Brodin has more value than Pacioretty and it's 100% true.
Pacioretty is 100% a better player than Brodin.

As for value, with the 5 year age gap, the contracts and all that stuff, you will have to talk to Vegas fans about all that.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
IDK why you think Suzuki is worth Brodin but go ahead with your fantasy trade proposals I guess. Who's trying to move him? Why? We want to seriously hurt our saving grace this year (defense) we're going to go after more than a prospect to make up for it.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
I like how you “liked” your buddy’s made up proposal.

Do you understand

Suzuki > any of your prospects

Brook > any of your prospects

Suzuki + Shlemko for Brodin is great for the Wild, it’s us who might start to regret it in 3 years.
I think it's pretty funny that you appealed to Wild fans to support your position, I threw it out there and the response was a resounding "lol, no Pacioretty is not more valuable than Brodin" and then all of those wild fans are "my buddies" all of a sudden. Super....well, Trumpian.

Anyway, your opinions keep delivering entertainment value, so keep it up

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
You should add the rest of the post instead of picking certain lines to twist things.
Like i said B.S. post from a troll.
Ah yes:
You completely missed the point of my post in your first paragraph. Tatar would be yet another left wing added to the cluster**** that is Parise, Zucker, Nino, Greenway, (and Granlund). Mete is a nice piece but I’m looking to address needs not trade for an unneeded LW, a downgrade at LD and a throw in of some kind while also giving up the only right shot consistently in Minnesota’s top 9.

If you want Brodin+Coyle and you’re not willing to include Suzuki then at that point discussions end and I move on. Talk about ridiculous.

No I didn't miss the point. Relax. I clearly broke down my point and did ask for clarity on a few things that you ignored.

- Tatar plays both wings. Did you not read that?

- Suzuki is not on the table. Try getting another grade A prospect who is developing very well from another team. Good luck. Habs pass.

The parts I took out had nothing to do with Suzuki>Brodin+Coyle. I took them out in order to save you reading time, which obviously was the wrong choice because it opened up the opportunity for more trolling to happen. The other parts were all about Brodin+Coyle for Tatar (not needed) + Mete (downgrade) + meh pieces. Then I said, "If you want Brodin+Coyle and you’re not willing to include Suzuki then at that point discussions end and I move on." To which the poster said, "Suzuki is not on the table. Try getting another grade A prospect who is developing very well from another team. Good luck. Habs pass."

Seems pretty clear. Surely even you can see that? Or are you just going to call me a troll again? I think I know the answer to that. Keep doing you, bro.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Ah yes:

The parts I took out had nothing to do with Suzuki>Brodin+Coyle. I took them out in order to save you reading time, which obviously was the wrong choice because it opened up the opportunity for more trolling to happen. The other parts were all about Brodin+Coyle for Tatar (not needed) + Mete (downgrade) + meh pieces. Then I said, "If you want Brodin+Coyle and you’re not willing to include Suzuki then at that point discussions end and I move on." To which the poster said, "Suzuki is not on the table. Try getting another grade A prospect who is developing very well from another team. Good luck. Habs pass."

Seems pretty clear. Surely even you can see that? Or are you just going to call me a troll again? I think I know the answer to that. Keep doing you, bro.
And where exactly in that post does he claim that Suzuki>Brodin+Coyle. He doesn't. All he is saying is he's not interested in trading Suzuki. Now back to your misinterpreting post to suite your opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cobra Commander

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
I think it's pretty funny that you appealed to Wild fans to support your position, I threw it out there and the response was a resounding "lol, no Pacioretty is not more valuable than Brodin" and then all of those wild fans are "my buddies" all of a sudden. Super....well, Trumpian.

Anyway, your opinions keep delivering entertainment value, so keep it up
Why are you rambling on about Pacioretty in A Brodin to Habs thread? What does anything have to do with Pacioretty?

Why is your agenda in this thread? Bash Habs players?

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Why are you rambling on about Pacioretty in A Brodin to Habs thread? What does anything have to do with Pacioretty?

Why is your agenda in this thread? Bash Habs players?
you can read back to see how we got here, its all in chronological order

my agenda is more like "accurately value Habs players on a trade forum"

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
What are you doing in this thread? You’re a Leafs fan/Habs hater, just here to argue.
participating in a main board thread, go back to the Habs forum if you want to homerate.

Brodin is a piece that the Leafs could use, came in to say that the Leafs would definitely outbid the OP, stayed for the lulz

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Montreal isn't wrong to value Suzuki highly, just like we aren't wrong for valuing Kaprizov highly. The idea that Suzuki wouldn't be on the table for Brodin isn't wrong or insulting, it's their prerogative. Just like not trading Kaprizov for a guy like Zibanejad might be ours, even though he would fill an immediate need, as Brodin would for Montreal.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

ohmyjlord

Fan...with a brain.
Mar 9, 2008
Montreal
No, no, no, no !

Nothing against Brodin, but Montreal isn't in a position to start trading quality prospects for immediate help. This is the reason why this team is always "fighting for a playoff spot" instead of becoming great.

Keep Suzuki.
Keep Poehling.
Keep Kotkaniemi.
...and draft start focussing on D in the draft. If you're looking to add immediate help, wait for free agency. Don't throw away prospect. It's not that time yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad