Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Show me some video of this happening.

I can’t remember seeing him running and hiding behind refs.
Because he never did.

Meh ... makes sense for Beantown.

A guy who does dirty then hides behind refs, perfect hero for them.
No one from Boston calls it beantown.

I have been going to most all home games in Boston for 23 years and have NEVER seen Brad hide behind a ref. Say what you want but that is false.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Show me some video of this happening.

I can’t remember seeing him running and hiding behind refs.

There’s no rebuild.

You took the cheese!

(I like brad, hes a f***ing dick pest agitator, great for the game, great intelligent player .. but lets not act like he doesnt do dirty then duck responsibility)

he backed down from Lars f***ing Eller

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic

You took the cheese!

(I like brad, hes a f***ing dick pest agitator, great for the game .. but lets not act like he doesnt do dirty then duck responsibility)

He knocked the living shit out of Eller the game before after he taunted the Bruins bench.

This, yeah, he’s trying to goat him into a penalty. I don’t agree with it, but don’t act like he’s the only one to do that.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
A guy with a long history of complete goonery, literally most suspended player in NHL history, attempting to injure other guys, chirping fans on social media, amongst his other shenanigans. Just not a great look for a team captain.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
It figures that Boston would pick a small, sheisty rat with anger issues as the primary representative of their franchise/city :laugh:
Yeah, they have a crazy history of doing this in the past.

A guy with a long history of complete goonery, literally most suspended player in NHL history, attempting to injure other guys, chirping fans on social media, amongst his other shenanigans. Just not a great look for a team captain.

Really weird that my original comment was deleted...
I’m good with it.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Even during a housing crisis this little gem continues to live rent-free in the heads of so many. It's glorious.

026abc2ad8174da706dcbb55978c6a5c.jpg

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
1x Stanley Cup
1x World Cup Gold
1x 100 point season
5x 80+ point seasons
6x PPG seasons
5x 30 goal seasons
3x Top 10 finishes
2x First Team All Star
2x Second Team All Star
3x Stanley Cup Finals
2x WJC Gold
6x Team leader in points

He holds significant Bruins records:
- Most OT goals in history
- Most shorthanded goals in history
- Most playoff elimination goals in history

He has been a consistently high level playoff performer and, barring injuries, will finish with over 1000 points and 400 goals.

Sounds like a HHOF resume to me.

Not to. mention playing for an O6/major franchise usually helps your chances too.

Regardless, Marchy has a fantastic resume and I cant see why he wouldnt make it to the HHOF.

All hes really missing is an Olympic Gold, in a perfect world he likely has 1 or 2 of those (2018 & 2022). Not his fault the NHL hates the Olympics, and also not his fault COVID happened.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Makes sense to me. Not sure how they watch McAvoy in the playoffs and think he is fit for any form of leadership. Guy is a fraud. Marchand is a good choice.

McAvoy is likely the next captain after Marchand, the latter has a couple years left before retirement so they likely wanted to give him a run at the captaincy before ehe hangs em up.

Reactions: wintersej

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Not to. mention playing for an O6/major franchise usually helps your chances too.

Regardless, Marchy has a fantastic resume and I cant see why he wouldnt make it to the HHOF.

All hes really missing is an Olympic Gold, in a perfect world he likely has 1 or 2 of those (2018 & 2022). Not his fault the NHL hates the Olympics, and also not his fault COVID happened.

His resume today is better than Hossa's

Marchand:

2x AS-1
2x AS-2
3,5,5,6 Top 10 points
4,6,6 Top 10 goals
5,8,10 Top 10 assists
5,5 Hart finishes
9,9,10 Selke finishes
0.91 career PPG
0.88 career playoff PPG

Hossa:

0x AS-1
1x AS-2
5,6 Top 10 points
4,5,5,6 Top 10 goals
0 Top 10 assists
10,10 Hart finishes
5,7,10 Selke finishes
0.87 career PPG
0.73 career playoff PPG

myleafs

May 25, 2021

You took the cheese!

(I like brad, hes a f***ing dick pest agitator, great for the game, great intelligent player .. but lets not act like he doesnt do dirty then duck responsibility)

What an interesting clip to make your point....Ellers gets a penalty and marchand is still on the ice...almost like he knew that he was drawing a penalty. Your hate for Marchand is clouding your judgment

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Marchand is worse than all of those guys except Torres.

He’s a shithead who should have gotten the Torres treatment long ago.
Hahaha, buddy is still upset he speedbagged your top star while the entire team sat around and did nothing about it.

You add in that and him walking your team like a dog and I guess I can get your hatred for the dude.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
You took the cheese!

He pounded the shit out of Eller the game before because Eller buzzed the bench in a 7-0 blowout. Eller played a stupid game and won his stupid prize. Marchand owed Eller nothing, especially not a rematch.

Lilou

t-.-t
Oct 29, 2008
Scarborough, ON
This has been one of the funniest years in bruins history. Finish 1st place and lose a humiliating series, lose their best players to retirement and make no big moves other than re-signing Frederic (fake tough guy and is only useful for taking penalties), and now naming marchand captain. The comedy show doesn't end. Oh I haven't checked out their new jersey reveals but I'm sure they found a way to screw that up too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad