Brad Marchand - New Captain of the Bruins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Sedins don't fight , takes some real toughness to rabbit punch them. Could have used some of that toughness against real tough opponents, not calling it dirty just gutless. He saves the dirty stuff for the guys he knows will answer
It wasn't toughness on Marchand's part at all - none of those were thrown to hurt, they were just to engage the guy. But Sedin was just so passive he just took it over and over and over and over and over. No push back. He couldn't even be bothered to turn his head away.

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
Punching a sedin is as gutless as it gets, did he try that in their choke vs Chicago ? I know he didn't try much against st louis as that physical thrashing is still fresh enough to remember. Bruins crying to the refs was a nice twist
For real, it is an absolute miracle Sedin didn't get CTE from those bombs Brad was reigning down on him.

In Marchand's 2nd year in the NHL he was an integral part of breaking the Canucks to win a Stanley Cup.

Let us not forget he was drafted with the expectation that he would be a serviceable 4th line agitator.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Maybe character? A conscience?

Marchand is a bad person who tries to injure other players.
at time has has been that

as at tome have,

Messier
Wilson
Ovechkin
Malkin
Pronger
B Clarke
Petrangelo
Nurse
Landeskog
Shanahan
Gilmour
Cashman
Stevens
Hatcher
Nolan
Corson
Roberts
Bure ...... just to name a few

all captains and/ or worthy of of it

Marchand was the best pick on that roster at this time to captain the Bruins

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Congrats to Marchand. I figured at this stage, it would be more conventional to have an additional alternate captain for the year, since Marchand is up there in age.

But after hearing ignorant fans poop on the honors and recognitions Brown got from the Kings, it opened up my eyes that the Bruins and their fans are the best judges of this call, and would defer to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad