Brad Marchand - New Captain of the Bruins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
Made up numbers? I'm 99% sure Stevens had more than 700 hits in his career as a physical dman. So its perfectly reasonable to assume at least 2% of his hits
would be dirty and that being conservative so yeah, Stevens was every bit as dirty as Marchand.

Ad hominem? You're a Red Wing fan and you hate Marchand. That can't possibly
be an ad- hominem attack.

I've highlighted the made up numbers to make it easy for you. It's "reasonable" to assume 2% of his hits would be dirty? Based on what? lol. You even admit it's an assumption. And it's an assumption based on nothing.

I'm also not sure you understand what an ad hominem attack is.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I've highlighted the made up numbers to make it easy for you. It's "reasonable" to assume 2% of his hits would be dirty? Based on what? lol. You even admit it's an assumption. And it's an assumption based on nothing.

I'm also not sure you understand what an ad hominem attack is.

Lol, so since when did saying the facts about your allegiance and your known
dislike of Marchand become an ad hominem attack? You're the one that needs to figure out what an ad hominem attack is, like if I called you a snowflake...lol.

I saw plenty of Stevens career and he was a known head hunter.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
Lol, so since when did saying the facts about your allegiance and your known
dislike of Marchand become an ad hominem attack? You're the one that needs to figure out what an ad hominem attack is, like if I called you a snowflake...lol.

I saw plenty of Stevens career and he was a known head hunter.
ahh, backing off your invented numbers and sticking with insults now?

When someone has nothing to support their argument, they often make disparaging comments about the person they're arguing with. I never said it upset me, just that it revealed your argument was meritless. My being a Red Wings fan doesn't change the fact that Marchand is one of the most suspended players in the history of the NHL.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
"Brad Marchand - New Captain Of The Bruins"

Like...on purpose?

Eh... I guess if McDonald's can have Ronald McDonald as their mascot, this is about on par with that.

Whatever honks their hooter.

Reactions: dukeofjive

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Clearly you don't watch Bruins hockey as Brad has changed. He learned from Bergeron. He will always be feisty (and I hope that never changes) but he has grown into a leader both on and off the ice. He is an amazing player and is a blast to watch.

I go to almost all of the Bs home games (ST right next to the Bruins bench for 23 years) and have watched Brad change. He was always an amazing player but he is the leader on the Bruins. The players, coaches and guys in stripes listen when he speaks. I also know he "holds the room". I agree the licking was odd but he hasn't done it for years.

I went to Bruins camp at Warrior Arena Friday.

Brad was giving 100% (as always). He was also coaching the young players. Marchy will be an excellent captain.

He can be a leader. He’s still a rat who’s gone out of his way to try to injure dozens and dozens of other players in his career, and he still does now (just less often—tbf, probably because he’s gotten too old for his own shenanigans more so than anything else). I’m not gonna forget who he is just because Boston decided to slap a C on his chest.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019

When someone has nothing to support their argument, they often make disparaging comments about the person they're arguing with. I never said it upset me, just that it revealed your argument was meritless. My being a Red Wings fan doesn't change the fact that Marchand is one of the most suspended players in the history of the NHL.

I'm not backing off a ****ing thing regarding those numbers. Its all opinion ultimately
when comparing players from different eras using different rules.

People who get their panties in a bunch in this place claiming their feelings are hurt need their head examined.

• Haha
Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

Marchand is alot of things ...... including a pure winner and big game player

Reactions: jgatie and Ladyfan

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
He can be a leader. He’s still a rat who’s gone out of his way to try to injure dozens and dozens of other players in his career, and he still does now (just less often—tbf, probably because he’s gotten too old for his own shenanigans more so than anything else). I’m not gonna forget who he is just because Boston decided to slap a C on his chest.
Your post is just incorrect

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
I'm not backing off a ****ing thing regarding those numbers. Its all opinion ultimately
when comparing players from different eras using different rules.

People who get their panties in a bunch in this place claiming their feelings are hurt need their head examined.
I'm not asking you to back off your invented numbers. I merely pointed out they were fictional.

There's a lot of irony in your last sentence. I never claimed my feelings were hurt at all but you sure seem to be awfully worked up about this whole thing.

Ned Bouhalassa

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Montreal
Past 10 years, Brad is in pretty good company:

And 2nd in +/- ! :

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I'm not asking you to back off your invented numbers. I merely pointed out they were fictional.

There's a lot of irony in your last sentence. I never claimed my feelings were hurt at all but you sure seem to be awfully worked up about this whole thing.

Zzzzzzzzzzzx

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Made up numbers? I'm 99% sure Stevens had more than 700 hits in his career as a physical dman. So its perfectly reasonable to assume at least 2% of his hits
would be dirty and that being conservative so yeah, Stevens was every bit as dirty as Marchand.

Ad hominem? You're a Red Wing fan and you hate Marchand. That can't possibly
be an ad- hominem attack.

He bit Bergeron of all people!!!

I would take Stevens also but like I said March and wasn't any dirtier than Stevens
who was absolutely a head hunter.
Yes, Stevens far more dangerous than Marchand.
But Brad would have fit right in on the Devils in those play off wars where Stevens laid guys out.
Way tougher era.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
When Jacob Trouba was named captain of the Rangers there was a similar reaction from fans of other teams. Both players have shitty reputations; giving them the "C" looks strange from the outside. The difference is Trouba was in his POS prime when he became captain, while the 35-year old Marchand is now only eligible for the POS Lifetime Achievement Award. Marchand will never be anywhere close to Bergeron, but he's matured from his 20s and – I hate to say it – has grown into the "C".

I dont get some of these reactions. He was the obvious choice IMO. Controversy aside, hes the longest tenured Bruin, has the most experience out of anyone on the team and is more than likely a Bruin for life.

I am Bettman

May 23, 2022
Seems like you forgot who he is a long time ago. Embarrassing for you to act this way tbh.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
. IMO he does not try and injure other players.
1695694078724.png

Just a quick google

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
View attachment 746235
Just a quick google

He did some stupid stuff when he was younger. This was years ago.

Ten years ago, I wouldn't have thought him captain material, but he is for sure now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad