Brad Marchand - New Captain of the Bruins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Sigh

Avatar wager? Put your money where your mouth is?

If the B's make the playoffs this year you can pick my avatar for (however long, we can negotiate) but if they dont I get to pick yours?
Bookmark this post. My Avatar is too good.

They'll be in the playoffs. Now, do I expect them to win the cup? Nope. They'll also be in the post season again next year.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
giphy.gif

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I don't think it's lack of respect from the refs. But Marchand has repeatedly shown a complete lack of respect for his fellow players throughout his career.
Throughout career . Nope.

Most of career. Yep.

Last few seasons March has been nothing like his former self.

As a Habs fan I didn't like him for years. But openly admit he is better than any forward the Canadies have had in decades. Warts and all.

Last edited:

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
So did Messier and he's got a leadership trophy named after him
I don't disagree.

Messier getting the leadership award is pretty hilarious for a guy who went around elbowing players for his entire career.

Throughout career . Nope.

Most of career. Yep.

Ladt few seasons been nothing like his former self.

As a Habs fan I didn't like him for years. But openly admit he is better than any forward the Canadies have had in decades. Warts and all.
He was suspended in 2022 for a suckerpunch. And also for slew-footing that same season.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
They didn't suspend for that back then. Which says nothing about his level of respect for other players.
Because they were legal hits and as I said, it's not like he was running around hitting guys like he did Lindros every game.

To try and draw some parallel between Stevens and Marchand simply doesn't hold up. And I say this as a Wings fan who hated Stevens.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Makes sense to me. Not sure how they watch McAvoy in the playoffs and think he is fit for any form of leadership. Guy is a fraud. Marchand is a good choice.

Reactions: Neil Racki

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I don't disagree.

Messier getting the leadership award is pretty hilarious for a guy who went around elbowing players for his entire career.

He was suspended in 2022 for a suckerpunch. And also for slew-footing that same season.
Subban slew footed his entire career
Gilmour elbowed and head butted guys
Messier speared them in the nuts, cross checked them in the teeth.
OV speared a guy in the nuts.
Pronger mugged guys and knocked teeth out .
Wilson has given our more concussions than George Foreman.

I could go on and on.

All great players, all captain material.

Fans do love to hate the little ball of hate.

Some obvious envy in there I think.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad