Brad Marchand - New Captain of the Bruins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
So did Gordie Howe. Guy elbowed peoples brains out on a nightly basis.
"nightly basis" lol

Howe was known for his elbows for sure. He also played his prime years back when the glass didn't even go all the way around the boards, goalies didn't wear masks, and players didn't wear helmets.

Using him as a reference point for a guy whose career started in 2010 may not be making the point you think it is.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
"nightly basis" lol

Howe was known for his elbows for sure. He also played his prime years back when the glass didn't even go all the way around the boards, goalies didn't wear masks, and players didn't wear helmets.

Using him as a reference point for a guy whose career started in 2010 may not be making the point you think it is.
For sure an exaggeration, but there's also an exaggeration with Marchand, too. Guy has cleaned up his game over the past few years. Does he lose his mind here and there? Absolutely.

Yikes...

Ppg is pylon...cause leaf....got it... never change hf....
Well, a Leaf fan came in to shit talk McAvoy and say he's not captain material. It's ironic considering who their captain is.

kranuck

Mar 11, 2023
He’s a player that you love to hate, but if he was on my team I’d be a huge fan.

Great player and makes sense
If he was traded to either team I like I'd find new teams to root for.

He's a fitting captain for the bruins.

Reactions: Cromster

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
First I heard last season was some sort of "last dance" for the bruins, now marchand is the "rat king". Talk about original.

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
Not ideal, once again, if that's not Brad Marchand that's probably not a suspension. He's done some really, really stupid shit. Those two plays were pretty much reputation based (and he deserves the reputation he has)

As a Bruins fan, I have absolutely zero problem with him wearing the C.
Sometimes you have to walk away from the trolls. Either that and give them the fainting couch for when they finds out players like Dale Hunter, Wayne Cashman and Clark Gillies all wore the C.

Reactions: lopey

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
bradlol.jpg

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Meh ... makes sense for Beantown.

A guy who does dirty then hides behind refs, perfect hero for them.
Show me some video of this happening.

I can’t remember seeing him running and hiding behind refs.

Makes sense. Most disliked player Captains the most disliked team.
I figured he'd want out once the rebuild starts.
There’s no rebuild.

I am Bettman

May 23, 2022
Makes sense. Most disliked player Captains the most disliked team.
I figured he'd want out once the rebuild starts.
Ah yes, the rebuild that has been guaranteed to start every year for the past 8 years. Top 3 d core in the league, best goalie tandem in the league, and a 60 goal scorer up front. Definitely seems like a rebuild doesn’t it?

Reactions: lopey and PaulD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad