Brad Marchand - New Captain of the Bruins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
This has been one of the funniest years in bruins history. Finish 1st place and lose a humiliating series, lose their best players to retirement and make no big moves other than re-signing Frederic (fake tough guy and is only useful for taking penalties), and now naming marchand captain. The comedy show doesn't end. Oh I haven't checked out their new jersey reveals but I'm sure they found a way to screw that up too.
Always rich when this guy shows up to a Bruins related discussion.

- You literally have Marchand as your display photo "rEnT fReE!" right?
- You cheer for the team that Boston continuously uses as their doormat.
- Your favorite teams captain can't lead gym class.
- You guys celebrated finally getting out of the first round like it was your stanley cup. "wE wAnT fLoRiDa!" right?

You want to talk about a comedy show, yours has been the longest running series there is. You guys swoop in as if your entire team and fanbase isn't one of the biggest laughing stocks of the entire hockey community. Face it, the Bruins and Marchand have been stealing your favorite teams lunch money for over a decade.

Last edited:

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
This is the Bruins' 99th season and they've only had 21 captains? That is insane to me.

EDIT: Image in the OP is incorrect. Marchand will be the B's 27th captain.

summer tooth

Aug 10, 2020
Good to see a natural leader get the C. Have always felt he conducts his business on the ice with the utmost respect and dignity towards other players.

Reactions: Lilou

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Seems like the best choice. On ice antics isnt necessarily indicative of off ice behaviour, and Marchand is currently the longest tenured Bruins player and was present when Chara and Bergeron were captains, both of whom are respected for their leadership. Chara in particular changed the bruins culture a lot, forbidding hazing (correct me if I'm wrong bruins fans)

I'm sure Marchand learned a thing or two observing their leadership qualities.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Seems like the best choice. On ice antics isnt necessarily indicative of off ice behaviour, and Marchand is currently the longest tenured Bruins player and was present when Chara and Bergeron were captains, both of whom are respected for their leadership. Chara in particular changed the bruins culture a lot, forbidding hazing (correct me if I'm wrong bruins fans)

Not only did he forbid hazing, Chara banned the term "rookie".

Lilou

t-.-t
Oct 29, 2008
Scarborough, ON
Personally I never make a guy who might have the refs as an enemy, the captain, regardless if he’s a good leader or not. One of the reasons I didn’t want Gallagher as captain.
That's a good point. I would have given it to Pastrnak or Mcavoy instead. It's going to be their team to lead soon enough. What is the point of giving the C to the pelican now. He's 35 and probably has 1 or 2 years left anyway so just begin the transition and give the C to a younger player. Its just one of many stupid moves by the bruins and I love it.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
This will sadly end up at least several fans worst day in their life due to the insatiable hatred for Marchand.

Bruins fans rejoice. Excellent and obvious next choice.

He definitely stopped the cheapshots, but I won't give him credit for that. He only stopped once Chara retired, leaving him without anyone to shield him.

Example A.

Woodrow

Dec 8, 2005
Not sure I would make him the captain. He's at the age where his play could fall off a cliff at any moment.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
He definitely stopped the cheapshots, but I won't give him credit for that. He only stopped once Chara retired, leaving him without anyone to shield him.
He is a tough guy. He was Patrice Bergeron's personal enforcer. Brad grew up. It had nothing to do with Chara.

I honestly don't care what you or any other "fan" thinks. I love that Brad is on the Bruins and think he will make an excellent captain. You are just sad he isn't on your team.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK

Chara forbid hazing and he also made the locker room language be in English so no one felt left out. Guys can still speek in say Czech but if a non Czech player joined them they had to switch to English.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad