Rumor: Benning has green light to make a trade and is working the phones. Trying to fix "chemistry"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Devils need a scoring winger .
Boeser or Miller
Devils can offer :
Severson
Bratt
Wood ( injured )
Tatar
2022/2023 picks
Sharangovich
Foote
Bahl
Okhotiuk
Thompson
Kuokkanen

Im guessing not enough .
Counter if anything might be able to work.
Hughes brothers , Mercer , Nico ,Smith, Holtz Blackwood , Hamilton are all off limits . Guessing the ask will include one or more of those .
Absolute no - Hughes bros , Mercer.
That's alot for one player.

Not going to work cap wise...

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
If they allow Benning to make a major move like an EP, Boeser or something like that oh man. I guess Miller could make sense. I'd be concerned if I was a Nucks fan

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
That’s disturbing Vancouver ownership is giving this GM the green light to go shopping for trades with a mandate to fix chemistry issues. Yikes.

good luck Vancouver and buckle your seatbelts.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
Miller for a Dman solves nothing. Lose our best forward, to upgrade D on a team that will get caved no matter what so long as Green is here. Tanev and Schmidt say hi.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
If I was a Nucks fan I would be concerned... Very concerned.

Luckly I am not so I have fun... Lots of fun :D

Here is the big question though: over the next few days can Benning surpass Chiarelli? Common sense says that that's not possible, but on another hand never underestimate a GM in desperation mode.

I mean, Chiarelli generally gets the nod in public because two high profile trades that failed spectacularly: Hall for Larson, and the Barzal pick for Griffin Reinhart. I'd argue Benning's slow bleed over 8 years can over take that, but in terms of high profile failed trades it's not for a lack of trying. In 2015 he tried hard to land Milan Lucic with 1 year left, offering Lack, the 1st (Boeser), and probably a little extra, but LA had a better offer with a 1st 10 spots higher. In 2016, he had a deal worked out with Montreal for PK Subban, where if PL Dubois fell to 5th which was expected they were going to trade the pick with I believe Horvat and Tanev for Subban. Columbus threw a wrench into that when they took PLD at #3.

Too me Benning is easily the worse GM, he's just been better at flying under the radar than Chiarelli.

Nuckler

May 7, 2013
Personally I think some of the player lost faith in the management group the year they let stetch, tanev, Marky, and Toffoli all walk and were clearly taking a step backwards. There were interviews with players who were pissed about the way the offseason took shape and I wouldn't be surprised that there is still some of that feeling/thinking going on in the locker room and Jimbo wants to ship out the dissenting player just like any other insecure dictator wants to when they are called into question. Just make him disappear and silence the voices, that'll show the players what happens when you speak out. I think this management needs to go, they've constantly been shipping out anyone who doesn't agree with then and it's causing way to much of a brain/skill drain on the club.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
What would Boeser or Horvat cost ?

What team do you follow? We want a top-flight defensive defender plus a RH center who's skilled at draws (plus a pick -- Boeser is still really young so I hope management doesn't sell him for cheap, plus he's been working hard and generating chances but has just been snake-bitten).
Horvat should not be for sale at all.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Jim, here's some rope and a headset for you to wear. Now bundle yourself up with Green, call other GM's and arrange to ship both your @$$es out of town. Thanks.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
Hour 1: Frank Seravalli reacts to Canucks' poor start (sportsnet.ca)

" do not think that a trade is not on the table, I was shocked to hear that today, does that mean Benning is safe?"
-Shah on the Peoples Show on Sportsnet 650

According to Sat Shah of Sportsnet 650, Benning has been working the phone a tonne and has a green light to make any trades. Shah also indicated that Benning has targeted that there might be a "cancer" in the locker room that is effecting the team chemistry. Benning is trying to save his job and thinks that the chemistry/cancer is the problem with the team and is vigorously trying to move the player.

In all honesty if there was a "cancer in the locker room " id say the most viable candidate is JT Miller. The young guys might not be reacting well to his "passionate" demeanor.

Miller is a tool.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
You know when the green light to make a trade would have been helpful? At the draft when local boy and really good hockey player Sam Reinhart was available. He has chemistry with everyone

NYVanfan

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
well.
1. they cant take on any salary. So trading good young guys like Hoglander or Podkolzin unlikely, unless in a mega package.
2. they cant really trade any significant picks, having just traded this year's 1st and next year's 2nd.
3. i just cannot see them trading EP, right after having signed him, and with his brutal play, value is low. Similarly Horvat, he is the captain and not playing badly.
4. On the D, Hughes is untouchable, everyone else untradable. Unless Rathbone is tossed in, or Poolman tossed out.
5. It would be insane to trade Demko.
6. So it really only leaves Boeser and Miller.

Boeser would be a mistake to trade, young shooters like him hard to find and he seems like a real character guy.
All signs point to Miller. He is older, cheap at $5.25 for this year and next, point-per-game guy who can play all forward positions, take FOs, block, whatever you need. They will not contend during this contract, and they will not want to pay him $8M+ for his next through his 30s. SELL HIGH.

two 1sts this summer's deep draft would be great.
then rebuild around

BB-EP-Hog
Garl-BoHo-Podz

Hughes-__
OEL-___
Demko

still very good on paper and all 25 or under

M2Beezy

Love ya Grubster
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
What would Boeser or Horvat cost ?
Jim Benning is the GM so not much. An older expensive player who was once a solid top 6 player but will struggle to put up 3rd line stats and by the end of next year will be a healthy scratch. If your team has that we want em, hell Benning will throw in a pick too :nod:

jim-benning-canucks-gm.png

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
well.
1. they cant take on any salary. So trading good young guys like Hoglander or Podkolzin unlikely, unless in a mega package.
2. they cant really trade any significant picks, having just traded this year's 1st and next year's 2nd.
3. i just cannot see them trading EP, right after having signed him, and with his brutal play, value is low. Similarly Horvat, he is the captain and not playing badly.
4. On the D, Hughes is untouchable, everyone else untradable. Unless Rathbone is tossed in, or Poolman tossed out.
5. It would be insane to trade Demko.
6. So it really only leaves Boeser and Miller.

Boeser would be a mistake to trade, young shooters like him hard to find and he seems like a real character guy.
All signs point to Miller. He is older, cheap at $5.25 for this year and next, point-per-game guy who can play all forward positions, take FOs, block, whatever you need. They will not contend during this contract, and they will not want to pay him $8M+ for his next through his 30s. SELL HIGH.

two 1sts this summer's deep draft would be great.
then rebuild around

BB-EP-Hog
Garl-BoHo-Podz

Hughes-__
OEL-___
Demko

still very good on paper and all 25 or under

They have all their first picks the next three years.

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
Rumor is obviously untrue. Benning can't figure out how to work a phone. Come on now.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Jim Benning is the GM so not much. An older expensive player who was once a solid top 6 player but will struggle to put up 3rd line stats and by the end of next year will be a healthy scratch. If your team has that we want em, hell Benning will throw in a pick too :nod:

jim-benning-canucks-gm.png
Don’t have an available forward that fits, but how about Boeser, 27% retained, for DeMelo + Beaulieu :sarcasm:

Reactions: Erub ot Ynligom

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad