GDT: Preseason Game 01 - Minnesota Wild @ Winnipeg Jets - Saturday, September 21st, 2024 - 7:00pm CDT - TSN3 - Power 97

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
The early scouting report by HF Penguins fans is that McGroarty isnt quite ready for the NHL yet.

The comparisons between Yager and McGroarty will be an interesting watch over the coming years.

I think part of it is we know Mike Sullivan won’t play youth. So, just expecting McG to go to the A and maybe secure more of a spot after we move out some of the vets at the deadline when we suck.

I don’t think they are comparable players tbh. Yager if he hits is going to be a Jared McCann type all situational C/W. Mcg if he hits is going to be more of a character player driver on the wing with size and grit.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I didn't watch the game in its entirety but I was able to watch the first two PKs go in the back of the net.

I liked the way Yager played...Chibrikov too at times...Liked a few things from Lambert, took and won some big draws. But that was not an NHL lineup the team played against.

Alot of breakdowns. Salomonsson is starting to concern me as the top d prospect who doesn't seem to have a feel for the game yet. Losing a lot of one on one battles with non NHL players, he's got a long way to go to be an NHL player.

So far all the aforementioned 3 prospects have shown more to date, you could say Julien and Levis too, as well as Torgersson and Zhilkin,.and even Barlow...on defense Kuzmin has probably been better this TC.

Miller got a few good shots in on the vet side.

Fleury looked like he could have used more sleep before this game.

Probably see the B side team tomorrow, all the depth guys like Kupari, Gustafsson, Toninato, AJF, JAD, b-side prospects like Torgersson, Zhilkin, Ford, He, Nikkanen, Loponen and Walton.

Maybe Stan and Melo on D, Coughlan too, but probably more of a mucking lineup.

Kahkonen's first start might have opened the door for Comrie a little.

Last edited:
Reactions: hn777

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Guess that's why Blue Bomber t-shirts are in the bargain bins at the thrift shops here in Saskatchewan...:sarcasm:
Just left over / discarded Bomber shirts after the big Labour Day classic win….. as all true Bomber fans attending the event went Stresking in the Quad after the big win’

1727004460250.gif

• Haha
Reactions: macmaroon

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I always get a bit curious again when Hockey starts but then I remember it’s exhibition games and NHL hockey really hasn’t started. I caught about 6 minutes of the bye-squad scrimmage last night and jumped back to watching a movie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad