Rumor: Benning has green light to make a trade and is working the phones. Trying to fix "chemistry"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NYVanfan

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
Here's the thing about Miller -- he's 28, has a year and a half left at an amazing $5.25.
Then what? Likely Wheeler $ through his 30s. The Canucks are not a contender during this contract, and dont want to give him that next one, so SELL HIGH. (whatever on the cancer thing.)
Get a 1st and a young RHD and that's a home run.

NYVanfan

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
Here's the thing about Miller -- he's 28, has a year and a half left at an amazing $5.25.
Then what? Likely Wheeler $ through his 30s. The Canucks are not a contender during this contract, and dont want to give him that next one, so SELL HIGH. (whatever on the cancer thing.)
Get a 1st and a young RHD and that's a home run.
main thing -- do not trade anyone under 26, and do not trade for anyone over 25

Reactions: notsocommonsense

TheGreenTBer

the only language I speak is FAILURE
Apr 30, 2021
yeah because the guy responsible for the team being in this state in the first place is DEFINITELY the guy you want "fixing" it. GREAT SUCCESS!

Canucks are either owned by morons, people that don't care, or both.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Benning when he was told they need to improve chemistry:

giphy.gif

LaVal

Dec 13, 2002
Kelowna
Hey our GM is awful, instead of replacing him... how about we give him full reign to **** up the team even more before he's gone?

Reactions: Marshall

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
If I was a Nucks fan I would be concerned... Very concerned.

Luckly I am not so I have fun... Lots of fun :D

Here is the big question though: over the next few days can Benning surpass Chiarelli? Common sense says that that's not possible, but on another hand never underestimate a GM in desperation mode.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Wow, hard to get a take on who it is may be. Penguins have a lot of options though and I think we made good partners.

Boeser for Guentzel
Miller for Rust
Miller+Chiasson for Zucker+ZAR
Miller+ for Guentzel

I think there's a lot of combos the Penguins and Canucks could do that work well.
Miller for Rust - a free agent to be, older than Miller, with 1 good offensive season - wow where do I sign up
Zucker and ZAR - Miller out produces both - combined but has a far better contract
Guentzal, more expensive, not as productive so Canucks add?

I don't see a single combination that you've proposed that makes any sense to the Canucks.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Devils need a scoring winger .
Boeser or Miller
Devils can offer :
Severson
Bratt
Wood ( injured )
Tatar
2022/2023 picks
Sharangovich
Foote
Bahl
Okhotiuk
Thompson
Kuokkanen

Im guessing not enough .
Counter if anything might be able to work.
Hughes brothers , Mercer , Nico ,Smith, Holtz Blackwood , Hamilton are all off limits . Guessing the ask will include one or more of those .
Absolute no - Hughes bros , Mercer.

Last edited:

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Salted earth. Like an unprotected first for a bottom pairing D or 4th line player that doesn't know how to skate bad. This is going to suck, Canucks fans.

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
Oh. my. goooooodness. Can the torture for us Canuck fans please stop. Just nuke this team if this is what we have to put up with

Benning gets a green light for a big trade after all the crap he's done over almost 8 years? There has to be some sort of human rights violation here for us fans right?

Ashrum

Sep 22, 2006
I bet Benning's first thought of chemistry problems in the dressing room was "why don't they dress in the hallways then?". Buckle up cause this will be bad

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
I said this in another thread but I think at least some of the problem is that there is a player who is probably considered part of the young core that didnt put in the work in the offseason and doesnt handle losing/not succeeding personally very well. If it was someone who the organization wasnt that valuable we probably would have heard something about it by now but, the fact that the dressing room is air tight as far as leaks goes makes me think that its someone that is thought of highly throughout the league.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
ive been a canucks fan since i was like 5. 30 years later, and i may need to jump on the kraken bandwagon until benning and/or the aquilinis are gone.

Reactions: Grantham and iFan

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I don't think coaches can be traded, you can't trade away a cancer like Travis Green

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
I think they want to draft a hometown boy in next years' draft.
I'd rather they draft a 60-year old Mark Messier if they're going to waste the pick just to appease the mouth breathers who want to feel a personal connection to the players they cheer for by virtue of geographical origin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad