Rumor: Benning has green light to make a trade and is working the phones. Trying to fix "chemistry"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Just goes to show that Francisco Aquilini/Benning/Green are all in it together. The problem isn't any one of them, after getting together and discussing the issue it's obviously a player in the locker room that's being a cancer and needs to be traded.

This should be a trade the next GM makes to clear some room and acquire much needed future assets, in a quick retool like the Rangers did. Not give the clowns yet another opportunity to bungle a trade in an attempt to win now and keep their employment. I'd say 50/50 when the team should obviously turn left they turn right and leave the team with another boat anchor contract.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
So the GM as in General Manager has to get permission slip in order to do trades which falls into his job description?

Man what kind of dictator is the owner?

I just read that the owner has requested the local media to "tone down" the negative comments about the team's poor start.

Lmao, damn the owner is fragile. Rather than performing better to reduce criticism, just censor it instead.

Wish I could take this approach in my performance reviews.

"You are not meeting expectations this quarter..."​

"Listen boss, I hear what you're saying, but please tone down the negativity. We aren't losing millions here. Also ill need a raise at some point."​

:laugh:

Kravtsov420

May 4, 2019
You're right about the cap part. Canucks would need to take salary or retain.

But the idea that the Rangers wouldn't part with the 4th/5th RD on their depth chart and a kid they cut who won't play for them, for an ornery point-per-game C/W, when they are dead serious about winning now, yeah that is the real bong thought of the evening. The BC bud is overrated compared to whatever you've got.
Yea, good luck trading a “locker room cancer” for whatever you think he’s gonna get. And the poster included Kakko as a replacement as well. Just completely in another universe. Edibles, take it slow my man. Take it slow.

Reactions: majormajor

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Recapping from this thread
-changes are coming: preparing fans.
-owner involved, watching a few games in person.
-owner signing off on trade.
-"cancer", character assasination.

This type of behavior is only rolled out for major pieces that are about to be moved. Pearson would just be moved for example.

JT. Miller is outspoken, but large body & producing. Horvat is signed at 5.5. Garland has been on the ice for goals against, but high motor & just brought in. Doesn't seem likely.

Boeser due a raise, RFA this year.
Pettersson, small & failed to commit long term to team.

My guess, trade BB & EP, draft a center top 5 this year & restock with the return from both players.

I mean if you’re trading Pettersson and/or Boeser it’s a big step back and you might as well blow it up and move Miller and Horvat as well and start over.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
I think the Devils should be interested in Boeser if Vancouver decides to move on from him.
If the Devils feel they can't sign him after next year I could see Severson being of some interest to Van, although I don't know if the Devils have the depth at RD to trade one without getting one back
I'd consider downgrading Boeser to a lesser forward but only if we were upgrading two other positions.
Something like Myers,Boeser , Rathbone for Zacha, Severson and Smith. Tough pill to swallow in taking Myers ugly contract but Boes is a gem!! hehe

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Shah also indicated that Benning has targeted that there might be a "cancer" in the locker room that is effecting the team chemistry. Benning is trying to save his job and thinks that the chemistry/cancer is the problem with the team and is vigorously trying to move the player.

In all honesty if there was a "cancer in the locker room " id say the most viable candidate is JT Miller. The young guys might not be reacting well to his "passionate" demeanor.
Just so we're clear, does Shah say he suspects this or speculates it might be possible, or that he has sources who indicate Benning has actually said this?

Vukotal Recall

Jan 30, 2010
"I'm absolutely desperate to unload a season-wrecking poisonous locker room presence in order to save my job. Give me a great deal!"

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
I'd consider downgrading Boeser to a lesser forward but only if we were upgrading two other positions.
Something like Myers,Boeser , Rathbone for Zacha, Severson and Smith. Tough pill to swallow in taking Myers ugly contract but Boes is a gem!! hehe

Smith is not happening

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Pettersson was upset that Toffoli was let go and they want to fix chemistry…

JT Miller for Toffoli

I don’t like it at all as a Canucks fan and it is completely the wrong move to make but the owner and gm are desperate now

Last edited:

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Ownership is the real problem…and has been since they’ve owned the team.

Also lmao at Pettersson being in mock trades. He’s going nowhere.

Miller will be traded for a defensman you can put all your money on it

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Ownership is the real problem…and has been since they’ve owned the team.

Also lmao at Pettersson being in mock trades. He’s going nowhere.

Miller will be traded for a defensman you can put all your money on it

Miller is one of the very few players who showed up this season. If some of the other players are upset because he may of hurt their feelings it’s the weak players who should be moved not the ones showing up. Although I think we should trade Miller and Horvat but that’s because I don’t believe we will win soon and we can move them for assets to help us in Bennings rebuild 3.0 now?

WhoTagz

Jan 28, 2017
Pennsylvania
Hour 1: Frank Seravalli reacts to Canucks' poor start (sportsnet.ca)

" do not think that a trade is not on the table, I was shocked to hear that today, does that mean Benning is safe?"
-Shah on the Peoples Show on Sportsnet 650

According to Sat Shah of Sportsnet 650, Benning has been working the phone a tonne and has a green light to make any trades. Shah also indicated that Benning has targeted that there might be a "cancer" in the locker room that is effecting the team chemistry. Benning is trying to save his job and thinks that the chemistry/cancer is the problem with the team and is vigorously trying to move the player.

In all honesty if there was a "cancer in the locker room " id say the most viable candidate is JT Miller. The young guys might not be reacting well to his "passionate" demeanor.

Can we have miller back?

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Lmao, this reeks of Chiarelli signing Koskinen and then being fired the next day. Also, coming out and saying "I need to trade this guy because he's a cancer" doesn't seem like a good way to preserve any value...

As much as the contract sucked, nucks fans would probably welcome a Koskinen contract if it guaranteed Benning was canned tomorrow :laugh:.

I'm at the point, I'd throw away our first if this buffoon were fired on the spot. Along with everyone else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad