Rumor: Benning has green light to make a trade and is working the phones. Trying to fix "chemistry"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Say Jim, btw did you get a haircut you look great today. I heard you want to move some guys and we are trying to make a move too. Do you have any interest in a former top 10 draft pick who is 6 foot 3 and 236 pounds every. single. shift?

This kid can do whatever you need. He can take dumb penalties throughout your entire lineup, and even occasionally have a puck go off his ass while he stands net front on the PP. What's that? You are looking to move Miller? Well IDK.. He makes 5 million dollars..

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Hour 1: Frank Seravalli reacts to Canucks' poor start (sportsnet.ca)

" do not think that a trade is not on the table, I was shocked to hear that today, does that mean Benning is safe?"
-Shah on the Peoples Show on Sportsnet 650

According to Sat Shah of Sportsnet 650, Benning has been working the phone a tonne and has a green light to make any trades. Shah also indicated that Benning has targeted that there might be a "cancer" in the locker room that is effecting the team chemistry. Benning is trying to save his job and thinks that the chemistry/cancer is the problem with the team and is vigorously trying to move the player.

In all honesty if there was a "cancer in the locker room " id say the most viable candidate is JT Miller. The young guys might not be reacting well to his "passionate" demeanor.

Terrifying.

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
I think it’s going to be JT Miller. His issues stem back to NYR. Has always been a hot head. Rounded into a much better player in Vancouver but he was already traded once for being a locker room issue. He gets into arguments with players and coaches pretty often

Miller is one of the only players who looks like he still even cares.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
That's a weird way to say resign. Benning is turning the Canucks into the Coyotes.

But if Miller is traded he needs to play for a team with the most vets that's in win-now mode. I'd say Vegas might be the best fit, but because of salary issues with them I'd say either Washington or the New York Islanders.

Last edited:
Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I think the Devils should be interested in Boeser if Vancouver decides to move on from him.
If the Devils feel they can't sign him after next year I could see Severson being of some interest to Van, although I don't know if the Devils have the depth at RD to trade one without getting one back
This. I’m not sure if Severson can be resigned , if he fits in the long term cap plans , or if he even wants to come back . Moving him now might make sense in some aspects . However we are very very thin at RHD and can’t afford to move him . Would VanC even be interested in him? What would it take on top of Severson to try to get Boeser or Miller ? Devils need a scoring winger badly but not sure if bad enough to thin out or RHD position

Reactions: MichaelJ

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Miller is one of the only players who looks like he still even cares.
I didn’t say that he doesn’t, but he’s had locker room concerns before and was traded for them. The main issue here seems to be chemistry, I can see some of the guys not reacting well to how he chooses to display his frustrations by arguing with players and coaches

DazeHereToAmaze91

Nov 14, 2021
So the GM as in General Manager has to get permission slip in order to do trades which falls into his job description?

Man what kind of dictator is the owner?

I just read that the owner has requested the local media to "tone down" the negative comments about the team's poor start.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Hour 1: Frank Seravalli reacts to Canucks' poor start (sportsnet.ca)

" do not think that a trade is not on the table, I was shocked to hear that today, does that mean Benning is safe?"
-Shah on the Peoples Show on Sportsnet 650

According to Sat Shah of Sportsnet 650, Benning has been working the phone a tonne and has a green light to make any trades. Shah also indicated that Benning has targeted that there might be a "cancer" in the locker room that is effecting the team chemistry. Benning is trying to save his job and thinks that the chemistry/cancer is the problem with the team and is vigorously trying to move the player.

In all honesty if there was a "cancer in the locker room " id say the most viable candidate is JT Miller. The young guys might not be reacting well to his "passionate" demeanor.

Lmao dude.

Aaah yes. The real problem the Canucks aren't contenders is some mysterious "cancer" in the room. Who could've known they had a locker room cancer for 8 years?

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
To be fair and unbiased, if looking at it from a neutral pov, Benning is bad at alot of things but he is actually decent at trading. Hes had his misses like all GMs but he has done well on msot trades as well.

Free agent signings, he has to be the worst in the league.

Drafting and Trades, id say better than average.

What? He has given away more draft picks then any GM should and doing so while the team was supposed to be rebuilding. Mr Potato head sucks at everything.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Nucks fans right now:

Z4L14O.gif

Sinistril

Oct 26, 2008
Green. Green needs to go. If not him then Benning. Or both. Keeping Green was the ultimate offseason debacle

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Boeser will be dealt

Not saying he's a issue in the room or anything but I think he's the one dealt

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
One of Miller, Pettersson or Boeser is about to get traded in a dumb deal

It won’t be for futures, ownership wants to win asap which is why this team constantly takes shortcuts to avoid a proper rebuild

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
This. I’m not sure if Severson can be resigned , if he fits in the long term cap plans , or if he even wants to come back . Moving him now might make sense in some aspects . However we are very very thin at RHD and can’t afford to move him . Would VanC even be interested in him? What would it take on top of Severson to try to get Boeser or Miller ? Devils need a scoring winger badly but not sure if bad enough to thin out or RHD position

Maybe something like Boeser and Woo for Severson, Foote + draft pick
give the Devils a RHD back and a winger but I honestly have no idea if that's even close

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
Miller and Petterson need to go via trade.

Myers needs to be bought out.

Green fired for a vet coach.

Garantee the Canucks will stem the bleeding with these moves and give a future GM some assets to work with. Good chance that they would finish the season with a .500 winning percentage.

Horvat, Hughes, and Boeser are good pieces to build around. Just need a Petterson replacement which just happens to hit FA next year in Trocheck. Plus he Is actually a team first player with some jam to his game.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
I think the Devils should be interested in Boeser if Vancouver decides to move on from him.
If the Devils feel they can't sign him after next year I could see Severson being of some interest to Van, although I don't know if the Devils have the depth at RD to trade one without getting one back

If its a chemistry issue in the dressing room its not Boeser.

Boeser is bff with Pettersson and Hughes. no way they rock that boat.

Miller is the most "visual" when being passionate so i can see him being a gong show in the dressing room.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad