Rumor: Benning has green light to make a trade and is working the phones. Trying to fix "chemistry"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
If its a chemistry issue in the dressing room its not Boeser.

Boeser is bff with Pettersson and Hughes. no way they rock that boat.

Miller is the most "visual" when being passionate so i can see him being a gong show in the dressing room.
It could be a clash with coaches. Boeser might be tired of having to be the net front guy(despite having a good shot that should be used in the left circle) on the PP and also being the guy who always get demoted to the 2nd PP unit everytime they wanna mix things up.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Lmao we have the dumbest owner in the entire league, and it doesn't help that he hired the dumbest GM too. Name a worse owner/GM combo. You actually can't.
I dunno dude.

698805998.jpg.0.jpg

JTmillerForA1stLOL

Oct 12, 2007
To be fair and unbiased, if looking at it from a neutral pov, Benning is bad at alot of things but he is actually decent at trading. Hes had his misses like all GMs but he has done well on msot trades as well.

Free agent signings, he has to be the worst in the league.

Drafting and Trades, id say better than average.

Better than average at trades? The man is awful at trades. An absolute liability. The few trades he's done ok on have involved trading away a 1st round pick. He's not fleecing anybody. The trades he's done ok on have also been incredibly risky considering where the team was at the time and the necessity of the incoming player to exceed expectations (Miller for example). If Miller doesn't exceed expectations and the team doesn't have a magical COVID bubble run, that trade would have been an absolute disaster. All that risk, for what? We're not on the cusp of winning a cup anytime soon.

We're a terrible team and have been for years. Those types of teams don't typically trade away 1st round picks regardless of whether or not the players coming back do well.

And those are just the trades he's done ok on...

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Miller is a BEAST and super passionate. I would hate to lose him. That would be a huge step back.

Reactions: Nucker101

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Lmao we have the dumbest owner in the entire league, and it doesn't help that he hired the dumbest GM too. Name a worse owner/GM combo. You actually can't.

Pardon me good sir, but our owners have green lit a 6 year, 27M contract for Leino. A 10 year, 40M contract for Ehrhoff. A 8 year, 72M dollar contract for Skinner with a full NMC. Has run both Eichel and O'Reilly out of town. And 3 weeks after giving his previous GM a vote of confidence, they fired him and replaced him with a GM with no front office experience at every level because they wanted to layoff a bunch of people during a pandemic. They also have a head coaching job to a guy who hadn't coached in the NHL for years and was running a soccer team in England and gave him a 3 year, 3.75M per contract.

And after promising there would be no spending limits on contracts/front office, the team is, effectively, playing below the cap floor.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
There’s nothing wrong with teams knowing someone is being considered a “cancer”, especially in the press. The press is coining that, not the team. You’re never going to, nor should a team ever trade a guy for being an issue in the locker without talking about it to the other team. That’s dishonest business and I don’t really think gm’s do that to each other. Every team has friends on other teams, and teams talk all the time so it’s highly unlikely other teams don’t already know who the issue is if someone is the individual issue. Generally speaking a change in locker room gives everyone a fresh start and might be a better mix.

This getting out doesn’t change value or make the team look bad, they didn’t write the article and it’s doubtful Benning told the write that directly. If value is lower because of the issue, it already was lower because of the issue.

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
Pardon me good sir, but our owners have green lit a 6 year, 27M contract for Leino. A 10 year, 40M contract for Ehrhoff. A 8 year, 72M dollar contract for Skinner with a full NMC. Has run both Eichel and O'Reilly out of town. And 3 weeks after giving his previous GM a vote of confidence, they fired him and replaced him with a GM with no front office experience at every level because they wanted to layoff a bunch of people during a pandemic. They also have a head coaching job to a guy who hadn't coached in the NHL for years and was running a soccer team in England and gave him a 3 year, 3.75M per contract.

And after promising there would be no spending limits on contracts/front office, the team is, effectively, playing below the cap floor.
I said dumb, not cheap. Ours is dumb and cheap.

nergish

Jun 1, 2019
realistically, what's the best case scenario return on miller? replenishing the first round picks he burned on a month of toffoli and OEL?

a replacement for nate schmidt?

Right, I always forget that he burned a first on OEL and then Arizona gave us Garland for free.

Something around B. Schneider + Kravtsov/Kakko for JT Miller, or keep adding if it's EP40.

Last edited:

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
cancer huh? i hope they move the right guy if that is the case. bottom line, if this is about pettersson sulking about miller i am not sure miller is the cancer.

the best obvious candidate for cancer based on his on ice actions and on and off ice demeanour would be pettersson. i suppose it is possible that miller has dragged him down, but pettersson looks awful and appears miserable.

if it was miller this surely should have been clear last year and would have been dealt with over the summer, whereas if it was ep, they could perhaps have hoped for a change after the injury and offseason.

pettersson also dramatically changed agents, then held out and was pretty miserable about it and has made almost zero effort to connect with fans here before or since. there were also those discounted rumours ep could but wouldn't come back and play last season.

plus the team played way better last year once ep got injured until the covid kicked in. they were 6-3-1 in the period from his injury march 5th until covid hit and ended the season.

whereas in spite of having his head up his ass periodically, miller has on balance been one of the better forwards on the team. he is the only good forward who plays physically. he also looked last year like he was angry reacting to other players.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Brrrrinnngggg, Briiinnngggg. Jim, Brad here. I hear you have a chemistry issue. Sean Monahan is great in the room. He makes the same amount as Boeser.... Perfect, thanks Jim. *Click* Get on Dim Jim quick. Fleece while the fleecing is good.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Right, I always forget that he burned a first on OEL and then Arizona gave us Garland for free.

Something around B. Schneider + Kravtsov/Kakko for JT Miller, or keeping adding if it's EP40.

Yeah the first was for Garland.

From my neutral perspective, Schneider+Kravtsov seems like an ideal trade for JT Miller. Canucks probably have to retain a bit to make it fit.

Reactions: Szechwan

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
.... I don't have anything to say about the Canucks in particular, but the idea that it's really worth writing that a GM as the Green Light to make trades doesn't smell good at all, considering that's the GM job to do exactly that sortof thing, and that we aren't talking about trading a Wayne Gretzky or a Raymond Bourque.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad