Around the NHL 11 - 2023/24

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
Good no way should a 12 point player have a 15 team NTC.

No way any player should have any type of NTC/NMC. Worst thing NHL did was not scrape this monstrosity during the lockout. There are people working in oil rigs off the coast of Alaska with their families on the other side of the continent or teaching English in rural Japan/South Korea making a fraction of what these millionaire athletes do for living in first world metropolitan cities, in top 1% neighborhoods in said cities and the best hotels money can buy on the road. Cry me a river about your NTC/NMCs.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
He has nobody to blame but himself. Not sure what the underlying problem is with him but he’s back to playing in a place that he probably doesn’t want to be in.
I think that his underlying problem is that he peaked early and has 'developed' into a ~$4M player that is making ~$8M. The expectations are far above his ability to deliver.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
He has nobody to blame but himself. Not sure what the underlying problem is with him but he’s back to playing in a place that he probably doesn’t want to be in.

He can't seem to be able to motivate himself to play with the assertiveness he needs on a consistent enough basis. He's pretty useless if his engine isn't running on the ice.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Let the speculation begin on where the inevitable Dubois Fresh Start Part V will occur next year
I think another interesting factor will be who wants to move on?

His first two teams, it was PLD that wanted out

In LA, I'm sure he would have been more than happy living the lifestyle while collecting 8M per year and floating around the ice 82 times a season

Will he try to force himself out of Washington or will they need to find a creative way to punt on him and his contract too?

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
In LA, I'm sure he would have been more than happy living the lifestyle while collecting 8M per year and floating around the ice 82 times a season
I guess with the salary cap going up, $8MM won't be as much as it used to. Might be a reasonable amount for a 30 goal, 60 point 2nd line centre, assuming he can eventually get back there again?

At this point if Doob can regain his peak Winnipeg form that's going to be as good as it gets, I don't think anyone is expecting him to take it to a higher level.

RE: PLD

This is the closest he's been to Montreal...
LOL

At least he gets to wear bleu blanc rouge again.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Tale of Two Goalies - except it's the same guy

Bob's sv% against the Oil

G1 1.000 W
G2 0.947 W
G3 0.914 W
G4 0.688 L - pulled
G5 0.826 L

IIRC correctly, Florida's playoff hopes went to shit last year when Bob crapped the bed in the finals.

Which Bob shows up tomorrow? Anyone's guess. I don't think he has to be great, just pretty good and FLA should win this.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

G1 1.000 W
G2 0.947 W
G3 0.914 W
G4 0.688 L - pulled
G5 0.826 L

IIRC correctly, Florida's playoff hopes went to shit last year when Bob crapped the bed in the finals.

Which Bob shows up tomorrow? Anyone's guess. I don't think he has to be great, just pretty good and FLA should win this.

I dunno, watching the last two games Edmonton was dominant. I don't think "pretty good" would've won either game.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015

G1 1.000 W
G2 0.947 W
G3 0.914 W
G4 0.688 L - pulled
G5 0.826 L

well florida doesn't get anywhere close if it wasn't for bob last standing on his head, also wouldn't have been up 3-0 if it wasn't for him either

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015

G1 1.000 W
G2 0.947 W
G3 0.914 W
G4 0.688 L - pulled
G5 0.826 L

I dunno if you can blame Bob for the goals that were scored off shots going wide deflecting off knees and elbows, or when his defenceman knocks him into the corner. Oilers are definitely getting the bounces for the last couple. We will see how long that lasts.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Looks like Jake Guentzel is signing with the Canucks. He has been spotted all over the Vancouver area even being shown houses by a realtor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad