Around the NHL 11 - 2023/24

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Keystone

Apr 30, 2011
Manitoba
IMG_8509.gif
Washington GM meeting the team from Capfriendly.

Slimy Sculpin

Dec 29, 2013
The thing is, PLD's actually pretty good when he wants to be. But he doesn't always seem to want to be. It's not a bad risk for the Caps. I don't think he's washed.
I agree that he can be pretty good when he wants to be. However, Columbus = X, Winnipeg = X, LA = X. That's three and he's out! OK, maybe the catcher dropped the last one and he's scrambling to first base with the Caps but I still think that he's done. And I was actually hoping for the guy.

Reactions: Gm0ney

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
So has PLD asked to be traded from WSH yet? Gets moved from WPG to LA because he wanted the money and fun in the sun…still has the money, but now in WSH. I’ve been to WSH, it’s fine , but it’s not LA. No fun in the sun there.

He has nobody to blame but himself. Not sure what the underlying problem is with him but he’s back to playing in a place that he probably doesn’t want to be in.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
I gotta hand it to Chevy.

He gets rid of Laine, after it becomes public Laine wants out. Gets what appears to be a very good return, a highly ranked but also disgruntled player. Doesn’t pay off immediately but the light shone for a season or so.

That asset, Dubois, also wants out of Winnipeg and it is public. In spite of Montreal fans wet dreams, Dubois doesn’t go la belle province, instead opting for the brighter lights of LA. Not only doesn’t Chevy get taken to the cleaners, LA fans are disappointed in what Blake sends in return. One solid player, one with unrealized potential, another utility type of guy that may be moved for different asset and a relatively high 2nd round pick.

Lemonade out of lemons.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
So has PLD asked to be traded from WSH yet? Gets moved from WPG to LA because he wanted the money and fun in the sun…still has the money, but now in WSH. I’ve been to WSH, it’s fine , but it’s not LA. No fun in the sun there.
Core pieces moving forward are doobie and Tom wilson

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

WiscoJet

May 3, 2016
So hilarious to read Murat's article from last October again.

From the article...

Los Angeles’ other amenities — warm weather and a close proximity to the ocean — still floor Dubois when he steps outside his front door. He’s thrilled to be able to go outside at any given moment and be a mile away from the ocean. He says the ability to fully disconnect from hockey makes him a better player when he shows up at the rink.

“It kind of feels like you’re on vacation but you know you’re not,” Dubois says. “You know you’re going to work the next day, putting your work boots on, and concentrating on hockey.”

Say good bye to paradise PLD.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

From the article...

Los Angeles’ other amenities — warm weather and a close proximity to the ocean — still floor Dubois when he steps outside his front door. He’s thrilled to be able to go outside at any given moment and be a mile away from the ocean. He says the ability to fully disconnect from hockey makes him a better player when he shows up at the rink.

“It kind of feels like you’re on vacation but you know you’re not,” Dubois says. “You know you’re going to work the next day, putting your work boots on, and concentrating on hockey.”

PLD is most definitely one of those players that wants the rich and famous lifestyle, but isn't willing to put the work in to maintain it.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand

From the article...

I both loved and hated that interview. I hated it because it showed me everything I needed to know about PLD, but I loved it because it showed the type of character he is.

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
I be following PLD career. He can bounce back.
I think it’s just an attitude issues He shown he can play and dominate when he wants to.
Caps taking a chance it might happen.

Reactions: kanadalainen

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
I’m surprised they didn’t just wait it out and hope PLD rebounds.

Wonder if there is some locker room issues with him
They did it now because his no move clause does not kick in till July 1. Had to do it now.

I hope he enjoyed going to the rink in flip flops for a couple months......Well on the bright side he could just quit on the caps also and force his way back to the bright lights :naughty:
He will make it to the Habs one day…

Last edited:

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Smart GM ... this is how you handle a NTC.
“There is widespread belief that Barclay Goodrow had SJ Sharks on his 15-team no-trade list that GM Chris Drury got around by placing him on waivers, where San Jose claimed him .We've been told by several folks Goodrow is not happy about how this went down.”
Chevy needs to put Schmidt or Poink on waivers.

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
I’m surprised they didn’t just wait it out and hope PLD rebounds.

Wonder if there is some locker room issues with him
I don’t know if it’s substantiated or flat out rumour, but I read somewhere that Doughty and Dubois did not get along due to Dubois’ lack of work ethic or something along those lines.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Smart GM ... this is how you handle a NTC.
“There is widespread belief that Barclay Goodrow had SJ Sharks on his 15-team no-trade list that GM Chris Drury got around by placing him on waivers, where San Jose claimed him .We've been told by several folks Goodrow is not happy about how this went down.”
Chevy needs to put Schmidt or Poink on waivers.
If you put a player on waivers now it is for the purpose of buying them out once the buyout window opens. Chevy can wait until the season ends as the buyout period doesn’t start until 48 hours later.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020

From the article...

Spoiler alert: it didn't make him a better player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad