Status
Not open for further replies.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Not to mention AJ Spellacy, possibly the fastest skater in the draft and Mac Swanson who probably should go closer to 2nd round than the 5th.
Mac is small. There were some team who drafted higher smaller players but still its not a pick for Devils in 2nd-3rd-4th round. Make a bet after - sure. But Devils need in defensmen/goalies(Shuravin, Nabokov, Moiseevich, Muggli, Ustinkov just for example) and centers of course. Small wingers are in the bottom of priorities. Yeah, I know, Im boring.

Last edited:

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
He is small, but that's the only reason he's ranked so low, his hockey iq and passing is so good that purely on skill he might be one of the best playmakers in this draft. And despite being small he still competes and isn't afraid to battle in the boards.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
He is small, but that's the only reason he's ranked so low, his hockey iq and passing is so good that purely on skill he might be one of the best playmakers in this draft. And despite being small he still competes and isn't afraid to fight in the boards.
Yeah but you never know how player will adapt his game against bugger opponents. Reason why so small players are very rare in NHL. Reason why on my taste its okay to take a risk but im against to use nice assets for taking players like him.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
@StevenToddIves @Guadana

What’s the story with Gabriel Eliasson? We need to restock our large men with Bahl moved. Looks like he’s going to Michigan, we’ve seemed to have half their defense over the last few years. Any good or just big?
Prototypical "good skater for his size" at 6'7-210. Incredibly mean, he is an absolute bully out there. He hits everything in sight regardless of where the play is. He punishes players after the whistles. He gets in every extra shot he can in front of the net and in the corners. I'd call him "punishing" but the word "punish" by definition indicates something has been done first, and with Eilasson I think he just wants to take your lunch money and then brag that he took your lunch money.

"With the puck" and "without the puck" are the problem areas for Eilasson. I don't like to put down kids trying to achieve an NHL dream but let's just say I'm not sure there's a low enough grade for hockey IQ. His puck handling is messy, his passing is inaccurate and often ill-advised, he has an ok shot with a wind-up and release which take forever. You watch him play and you imagine Hulk dialogue going through his head, like "me smash puny human" or whatever.

I think someone overdrafts Eliasson in the 2nd or 3rd round hoping he can round out his game enough to become a 6/7 D and NHL enforcer, or maybe convert him to the wing where he will do less damage to his own team. I see him more as a 7th round pick-type.

Not to mention AJ Spellacy, possibly the fastest skater in the draft and Mac Swanson who probably should go closer to 2nd round than the 5th.
I like Spellacy a lot, I'd take him in the 3rd. Swanson I absolutely love but would caution against taking too early. Shuravin is an absolute stud who belongs in the late 1st round and has been ruefully overlooked. He's 6'4 and growing, extremely fast on his skates and advanced in his defensive game.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
@StevenToddIves @Guadana

What’s the story with Gabriel Eliasson? We need to restock our large men with Bahl moved. Looks like he’s going to Michigan, we’ve seemed to have half their defense over the last few years. Any good or just big?
Yeah, he is too raw. I have much better skating kids with much better stickhandling but they are questionable for me as picks like Shokhrin - but Eliasson is in miles away.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Anyone in that mold who can actually play/has IQ?
For which round?
Shokhrin is big, skates really well, he is good with the puck and without it, but he is very inconsistent. In some moments I'm thinking that he us perfect sleepery pick, in some moments I think he should go through a long way.
I like Shuravin, Kol, but both now are in the 2-3 round range. Sirytskiy is another big mobile defenseman. I like his offensive game, im not really like his defensive game(still would prefer him over Eliasson).

I didn't watch a lot of Vidrenkov but from what I saw he is this type of "good strong" defenseman who can do his job.

Solberg has only been playing Defense since 14
As Shakir.

If you know what I mean.

Its Always Sundstrom

Among the optimists.
Sponsor
Dec 1, 2019
For which round?
Shokhrin is big, skates really well, he is good with the puck and without it, but he is very inconsistent. In some moments I'm thinking that he us perfect sleepery pick, in some moments I think he should go through a long way.
I like Shuravin, Kol, but both now are in the 2-3 round range. Sirytskiy is another big mobile defenseman. I like his offensive game, im not really like his defensive game(still would prefer him over Eliasson).

I didn't watch a lot of Vidrenkov but from what I saw he is this type of "good strong" defenseman who can do his job.

As Shakir.

If you know what I mean.
Thanks! I was thinking between 3 and 6 because they have no 2nd or 7th if I recall correctly.

Just get some feisty players who can skate. Preferably at C and LD and maybe a keeper they like. A lot to ask with 6 picks but get creative.

Sorry for the bold, tried to turn it off but I’m day drinking so them the breaks.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Thanks! I was thinking between 3 and 6 because they have no 2nd or 7th if I recall correctly.

Just get some feisty players who can skate. Preferably at C and LD and maybe a keeper they like. A lot to ask with 6 picks but get creative.

Sorry for the bold, tried to turn it off but I’m day drinking so them the breaks.
No worry, looks like a sober conversation. We have two third round picks so may be there will be some good prospects to draft. Shuravin looks like a second round pick. #50 on the Bob's list. May be Kol will be available - he is HM in Bobs list.
Kashtanov is a huge big center with nice hands. The problem is his skating. He was one of my sleepery picks year ago.

And I really like Krutov. Andrei Krutov - Stats, Contract, Salary & More
He is very talented player in O zone, creative, with great scoring touch. He absolutely deserve later round pick. from 3rd to 6th round. So I hope Devils will draft him in later round. I like him the most(aside from Kol and Shuravin).

Its Always Sundstrom

Among the optimists.
Sponsor
Dec 1, 2019
No worry, looks like a sober conversation. We have two third round picks so may be there will be some good prospects to draft. Shuravin looks like a second round pick. #50 on the Bob's list. May be Kol will be available - he is HM in Bobs list.
Kashtanov is a huge big center with nice hands. The problem is his skating. He was one of my sleepery picks year ago.

And I really like Krutov. Andrei Krutov - Stats, Contract, Salary & More
He is very talented player in O zone, creative, with great scoring touch. He absolutely deserve later round pick. from 3rd to 6th round. So I hope Devils will draft him in later round. I like him the most(aside from Kol and Shuravin).
IMG_9077.gif

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Just to finish off Novo's interview with Dennehy on 5 players we could draft...

Devils scout Mark Dennehy on Cole Eiserman: “Listen, the best producers I’ve ever been around love scoring. Just love scoring. I played with a guy named David Emma who won the Hobey Baker in 1991 and his eyes lit up when he had a chance to score. It didn’t matter if it was in an 8-1 win or the first goal in an 8-1 loss. Now that doesn’t mean he didn’t want to win, he just loved scoring. And that’s Cole Eiserman. He loves scoring goals. He not only has a really good shot, but he prepares to shoot. He gets himself in shooting positions, he gets it off his stick quickly. He’s not the type of guy that, if the goalie stops him, he’s going to try something else. He knows that it’s an asset for him, to score the way he has. There’s a couple of things: You’re looking for guys that are hitting their stride and are upwardly rising, but you’re also looking at their body of work. You look at Cole’s body of work, it’s pretty special.”

evnted

Apr 14, 2016
Just to finish off Novo's interview with Dennehy on 5 players we could draft...

can tell the staff is high on him when dennehy feels the need to clarify whether or not they think he cares about winning lol. unless theyre totally misdirecting us on these discussions, it feels abundantly obvious who and what theyre targeting

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
can tell the staff is high on him when dennehy feels the need to clarify whether or not they think he cares about winning lol. unless theyre totally misdirecting us on these discussions, it feels abundantly obvious who and what theyre targeting

I just love the Dave Emma reference :)

Its Always Sundstrom

Among the optimists.
Sponsor
Dec 1, 2019
Who, who, who?

I just love the Dave Emma reference :)
Only topped by Scott Pellerin face planting.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Would be fun if they will draft player outside from this list.
From what I read from Dennehy it looks like
Dickinson is number 1
Helenius is number 2
Nygard is number 3
Sennecke is number 4
Eiserman is number 5

Of course I can miss some color in the words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad