Around the NHL 11 - 2023/24

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Might be a question of whether they're going to split the Coyotes records from the Jets records and set a better precedent going forward.

I think the easy thing to do here is split the Jets 1.0/Coyotes records. Split the Thrashers/Jets 2.0 records. Marry the Jets 1.0/Jets 2.0 records and then leave the Coyotes and Thrashers records on the table for any potential future Arizona and Atlanta franchises to pick up if they choose too. If not then they die out just as any defunct team would.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Ryan Suter:

The Dallas Stars have decided to buy out the final year of Ryan Suter‘s contract, according to Jeff Marek. Remarkably, Suter will receive $833,000 from Minnesota and $1.4 million from Dallas next year to not play for either team. The 39-year-old defenseman is only the second player in NHL history to be bought out twice in his career.

If he decides to retire, it's a good walk away payment. If he signs with another team, he will be getting paid by 3 teams at the same time.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Ryan Suter:

The Dallas Stars have decided to buy out the final year of Ryan Suter‘s contract, according to Jeff Marek. Remarkably, Suter will receive $833,000 from Minnesota and $1.4 million from Dallas next year to not play for either team. The 39-year-old defenseman is only the second player in NHL history to be bought out twice in his career.

If he decides to retire, it's a good walk away payment. If he signs with another team, he will be getting paid by 3 teams at the same time.
Sweet deal

Reactions: Stumbledore

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Ryan Suter:

He's gotta be thinking about going for the hatty... :laugh:

enuffidiotsalready

Nov 25, 2019
Ryan Suter:

he's the real fraud 😉

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Dallas clearing space.

My Guess is Dillon might end up back in Dallas playing on the bottom pair. If I was them I would go hard for Pesce as their shut down in the top 4. That would make for a really solid D core.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
I heard yesterday on the ray-dee-oh that Monday night NHL games will be streaming on Amazon Prime this coming season. As a person who has Prime and who cut the cable cable more than 5 years ago and has been watching games via "alternate" means ever since this is intriguing to me.
I am good with watching games once a week. Win for the consumer. This is enough to justify me keeping prime.

Reactions: SensibleGuy

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
icegif-441.gif

How can they NOT do this?

They have a fanbase that is passionate about that history - and no one else in the world who gives a crap one way or another.

Reactions: Guardian17

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad