Player Discussion Alex DeBrincat

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Exactly. I'd rather spend the money on re-signing Zub (4M+ a year), getting Pinto a decent contract (maybe 3M a year) and finding another Top 4RD. Saying that, DeBrincat is a unicorn and if he gets another 40+ goals again this year, I think we have to find a way to keep him.
I mean if he doesn't sign after this year and plays the same game that gaudreau played with Calgary.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
So technically you're right, how could he know? He couldn't. He doesn't have a crystal ball.

But I think the general point is that Huberdeau was offered an incredible amount of money and there's far more downside risk than money potentially left on the table risk.

I think you understood the general point and your observation is a little eye rolling.

I understand his point and disagree. The cap is going up and I think it’s realistic to assume Huber gets that type offer elsewhere assuming he’s healthy and such. I agree with your take but that’s far from his take.

Cleary JH thinks the risk reward of playing out the season wasn’t enough to pass on the flames offer. That has nothing to do with what he said but it’s nice of you to jump and and try to spin His words into something that isn’t wrong.

Last edited:

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Calgary tried to sign their Tkachuk long term and it turned into a bridge deal.

Sure DeBrincat could hope he can choose his destination in 2 years. But he's also taking a chance on a serious injury. If he leaves in 2 years, the Sens will then have more cap space and left wing is the easiest position to replace in the league. But getting 2 years out of him is fine. Next year the team could easily be in Cup contention depending upon what happens at right defense.

Assen na yo!
Except Debrincat is a RW
Thats why we could be looking at Tarasenko, Meier, Pasta, Vorachek

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
He's already at 6.4 and I don't see him making Matthew Tkachuck money so realistically I think there's only so much higher his salary can go to get a deal done. Gonna get tight with the cap in a few years with Giroux coming into year 3 and Sanderson in need of a new deal by then but I think they can manage until Giroux comes off the books. Even if he wants to re-sign at that point I'd imagine it would be for less.

Reactions: Alex1234

OD99

Oct 13, 2012

NHL should update their site more frequently then my bad
Not sure what to tell you, they should. He has played with Kane for the last few years and Kane is clearly a RW so that was a bit of a give away as well.

Reactions: Alex1234

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Reactions: coladin

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I am not worried at all. I think worst case he signs a 2/3 year extension in the off-season on the 10 million range in hopes of hitting free agency as a 28 year old superstar.

The rivalry he will have with Matthews over the next year or two will be phenomenal. It should serve to broaden his name recognition and increase his value immensely.
It's possible, but on the other hand, I'd wonder why he wouldn't sign a 8 year x $9 m (or $9 m +) type of contract rather than risk things like an injury or whatever that would have a detrimental effect on his earnings?

Oscar The Grouch

Oct 16, 2021
I think he's probably hesitant about Ottawa's scoring depth affecting his numbers, and therefore his ability to get PAID.

The team should also be hesitant about getting too heavy on forwards and too thin on D.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Can't DeBrincat go to arbitration rather than take a 3 year contract? Accept a 1-2 year at whatever he's awarded (probably 9.5M). Sens would probably trader him before then because they can't fit that under the cap

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
This is going to be fun

Giroux and Stutzle are two of the best playmakers in the world and DeBrincat one of the best in the world at off puck positioning.

It is going to be straight up nasty. Maybe not as good as Pizza line but potentially 2nd best line in Sens history?

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Can't DeBrincat go to arbitration rather than take a 3 year contract? Accept a 1-2 year at whatever he's awarded (probably 9.5M). Sens would probably trader him before then because they can't fit that under the cap
When does the cap expect to rise? That's the question really. If we can get everyone on board just under the cap, then the cap rises, I see no reason we can't keep Debrincat. I f***ed around with the numbers at some point early in the season, it'll be tough, but I think it can be done.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
When does the cap expect to rise? That's the question really. If we can get everyone on board just under the cap, then the cap rises, I see no reason we can't keep Debrincat. I f***ed around with the numbers at some point early in the season, it'll be tough, but I think it can be done.
Original guess was 2 years from now, worst guess was three,
I believe Daly said in Europe there’s a small possibility sooner.

Reactions: SpezDispenser
Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Giroux and Stutzle are two of the best playmakers in the world and DeBrincat one of the best in the world at off puck positioning.

It is going to be straight up nasty. Maybe not as good as Pizza line but potentially 2nd best line in Sens history?
The disrespect to Vermette-Kelly-Eaves. Shaking my SMH my head.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad