Player Discussion Alex DeBrincat

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
I was going to post this in the point prediction thread but I thought this was better.

Look at this link please.

I can not tell you f*ing bad the Blackhawks were last year. I mean they had Caleb playing with Seth just to try and create chemistry. Remember when we traded for Duchene and finished 3rd last? That was Chicago last year, but worse.

Cat played almost exclusively with Kane, but took on a lot of the forechecking and defensive responsibilities as well. And with that roster around him he was a PPG player who had at least one fight and only tallied 19 PM’s.

He is an absolute stud. A complete 2 way player. He’s still getting better. The hype isn’t enough.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
When does the cap expect to rise? That's the question really. If we can get everyone on board just under the cap, then the cap rises, I see no reason we can't keep Debrincat. I f***ed around with the numbers at some point early in the season, it'll be tough, but I think it can be done.

Original guess was 2 years from now, worst guess was three,
I believe Daly said in Europe there’s a small possibility sooner.
Yes, unless the cap rises very significantly for the 2023-24 season (the next season after this season, not 2 or 3 years out), there's a crunch coming up this (2023) summer. The numbers (see CapFriendly) should be self explanatory.

The Senators will need to sign 10 to 12 players (for a 21 - 23 player roster). They have $22.6 m to work with. Besides Debrincat, there's Zub and a goaltender to sign. They will also have to deal with Pinto who has a 10.2 (c) contract.

Last edited:

Senovision

May 23, 2011

DeBrincat ranks 10th. He seems deadly accurate. He is going to be a treat to watch this year! The column with the years represents the year that player came into the NHL.​

NHL Active Leaders and Records for Shooting Percentage​

Active players are listed in bold.
Members of the Hockey Hall of Fame are marked with an asterisk (*).

Rate Statistic Requirements

NHL Leaders​

RankPlayerCareer StartSPCT
1.Leon Draisaitl2014-1517.60
2.Brayden Point2016-1717.08
3.Steven Stamkos2008-0917.00
4.Auston Matthews2016-1716.42
5.Mark Scheifele2011-1216.27
6.Jake Guentzel2016-1715.92
7.Brad Marchand2009-1015.76
8.Mikko Rantanen2015-1615.70
9.Mark Stone2012-1315.58
10.Alex DeBrincat2017-1815.49
11.Kyle Connor2016-1715.28
12.Adam Henrique2010-1115.22
13.Patrik Laine2016-1715.11
14.Nikita Kucherov2013-1415.01
15.Connor McDavid2015-1614.97
16.Chris Kreider2012-1314.94
17.Sebastian Aho2016-1714.77
18.T.J. Oshie2008-0914.70
19.Andre Burakovsky2014-1514.64
20.Sidney Crosby2005-0614.61

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
Can’t wait to see this thread at the end of the season when he puts up 50+

The hawks really deserved more in our trade which we’ll remain salty about but hey at least treat him well 😥😥

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
It’s actually wild how he’s the finished product of Cole Caufield. Their physical ressemblance is uncanny.

The little plays Cat was making to make room for himself and his linemates were eye opening. Spinning off checkers (with puck possession), little behind the back drop passes while standing as a screen or tips to himself to elude pressure, really impressive.

Then you factor in the effort and surprising physicality, he’s a treat to watch.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
It’s actually wild how he’s the finished product of Cole Caufield. Their physical ressemblance is uncanny.

The little plays Cat was making to make room for himself and his linemates were eye opening. Spinning off checkers (with puck possession), little behind the back drop passes while standing as a screen or tips to himself to elude pressure, really impressive.

Then you factor in the effort and surprising physicality, he’s a treat to watch.

Reminds me a little of Alfie as well. Really good, smart playmakers who can straight wire the puck.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I feel like a lot of people were scared he was a product of Kane and I can understand that but wow he is better than given credit for on his own.

He's the real deal, he's a great playmaker and he's very quick and efficient with the puck. He can slow down the play, he can pass, he can shoot, he backchecks and he tracks well.

I can't believe we got this player for what we gave up.

Now I feel like Stutzle will really need to adjust his game. Last few years he needed to do everything on his own, now he has teammates who can make and control the play themselves. He'll need to hold onto the puck less and use his teammates more. I can't help but to wonder how well Pinto would do with Debrincat and Giroux, I think they would easily be our best line.

Reactions: Artorius Horus T

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Him and Giroux are so good together
Feels like they need a Pinto kind of centerman with them
Is a Formenton-Stu-Joseph line a possibility?
Is a 8.35 3C even a possibility?

Reactions: bert

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Him and Giroux are so good together
Feels like they need a Pinto kind of centerman with them
Is a Formenton-Stu-Joseph line a possibility?
Is a 8.35 3C even a possibility?
I think they should try Pinto for 1 game. Just see what it looks like. I don't think Stutzle works on this line, I honestly always wondered about it only 1 puck to go around. Stutzle showed chemistry with Batherson. The first line has been awful break them up. Motte is a very responsible player and decent on draws. I think they should try this for one game.

Debtincat Pinto Giroux
Tkachuk Norris Joseph
Motte Stutzle Batherson

Last edited:

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
I really really hope we find a way to sign this guy long time. He’s so much fun to watch, and I know it’s only preseason, but based on his time in Chicago and what we’ve seen here in early day the guy is lethal. I want him!

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I think they should try Pinto for 1 game. Just see what it looks like. I don't think Stutzle works on this line, I honestly always wondered about it only 1 puck to go around. Stutzle showed chemistry with Batherson. The first line has been awful break them up. Motte is a very responsible player and decent on draws. I think they should try this for one game.

Debtincat Pinto Giroux
Tkachuk Norris Joseph
Motte Stutzle Batherson

I'm more than happy to give the current lines time to figure things out. Pinto seems to have already found mad chemistry with Motte and Joseph, and we know what Chuck, Norris and Bat can do once they get going. Stü is such a good player it's only a matter of time before he starts clicking with Giroux and DeBrincat.

Reactions: Emrasie and Cosmix

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I'm more than happy to give the current lines time to figure things out. Pinto seems to have already found mad chemistry with Motte and Joseph, and we know what Chuck, Norris and Bat can do once they get going. Stü is such a good player it's only a matter of time before he starts clicking with Giroux and DeBrincat.
That's why I think they should try it out for an exhibition game. There is no puck retrieval player on the Stutzle G Debrincat line. To me it never worked even going in. Giroux and Stutzle need the puck on their stick. Nows the time to try it I think.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
That's great, but we need top 6 wingers. And I mean legit top 6. Snipers. We're lacking game-breakers right now.

He's exactly what I was advocating for in January this year. We needed top 6 scoring, more specifically a sniper. I didn't think we'll get someone of his caliber, but he's been a perfect addition.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Oh damn, I just found my post from Jan.30th where I called it:

I don't care if he's a power forward or not. He can be 5'7'' and I'd be good. A la DeBrincat. I'm looking for skating + goal scoring. That's it. Anything on top is a bonus.

I haven't seen enough of Tippett, but his scouting reports seem to indicate good skater and scorer. Also mentioned "sniper" a couple times. So yeah, sounds like it. I'd definitively trade Brann for a guy like that if his scouting report is accurate.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
That's why I think they should try it out for an exhibition game. There is no puck retrieval player on the Stutzle G Debrincat line. To me it never worked even going in. Giroux and Stutzle need the puck on their stick. Nows the time to try it I think.
That's fair, DJ likes to play a hard for checking game where as Stu, Giroux and DeBrincat are more of an on the rush line. Would have worked well in a McLean system or under Murray back in the day, but it isn't what DJ likes

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Sure try it out I guess but there is no need to make a move yet. I think that line will have other teams worried about puck retrieval moreso than other way around.

Both the 2nd and 3rd lines have looked great so far and I have no doubt the Brady line will get things going.

Batherson with Motte is gross though, no chance he should be with him IMO.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
I love that pass Giroux is able to make throughout no mans land to Cat. I hope Stu picks up on being able to do that.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

It's kinda crazy having a rookie as the defensive conscious on that line, but he definitely has the skill set and mentality to do it.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Sure try it out I guess but there is no need to make a move yet. I think that line will have other teams worried about puck retrieval moreso than other way around.

Both the 2nd and 3rd lines have looked great so far and I have no doubt the Brady line will get things going.

Batherson with Motte is gross though, no chance he should be with him IMO.
Someone needs to play with Motte. He is probably the best defensive player and Stutzle the weakeast. While Stutzle and Batherson have the most big play upside. Id just like to see it for one game they have two left may as well try it now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad