Votes: 16 5.4%
  • Dobson

Votes: 68 22.9%

• Total voters

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
Depends on needs. Do you want an ace PP guy? Dobson

Power is going to be hard to estimate because there is competition for that top PP slot from Dahlin and Byram.

Seider should get his chance this year and had a good rookie year. Sanderson too. Both are good two way defensemen.

Personally I like Seider

Reactions: WhataKnight

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I think I’d take Sanderson. He has the highest floor imo, with his smooth skating defensive game with transition ability that I think is very valuable and tends to age well. Even if he doesn’t progress offensively, you’re likely still ending up with a Toews, Spurgeon, Slavin, Forsling type two-way guy that we’ve seen are so valuable.

Dobson is awesome offensively but I still have questions about his defensive game, and I’m not sure if Power has shown results as well as Sanderson yet, though he might have more potential with his size. Seider is a weird one where his underlying numbers struggled in insanely heavy minutes last year so might improve with more conservative minutes, but I’d like to see him get back on the track he looked like after his rookie year. He might have the highest potential.

Last edited:

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I think Seider having to drag Chiarot and Walman around for the last couple of seasons has really hurt his rep…but I still think he’s got the most in his locker of any of these guys, and I say that not to disrespect the others who everybody has a right to be bullish on.

For me the added dimensionality of Seider’s physical play puts him a nose above Sanderson for my choice. Love Sanderson though too. I’m without question taking Dobson if this is about who is most impactful right now and also best offensively. Theres a non-zero chance he simply remains the best of the group. Power needs polish but the frame and offensive tools are absurd.

Reactions: Leafshater67

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
I think I’d take Sanderson. He has the highest floor imo, with his smooth skating defensive game with transition ability that I think is very valuable and tends to age well. Even if he doesn’t progress offensively, you’re likely still ending up with a Toews, Spurgeon, Slavin, Forsling type two-way guy that we’ve seen are so valuable.

Dobson is awesome offensively but I still have questions about his offensive game, and I’m not sure if Power has shown results as well as Sanderson yet, though he might have more potential with his size. Seider is a weird one where his underlying numbers struggled in insanely heavy minutes last year so might improve with more conservative minutes, but I’d like to see him get back on the track he looked like after his rookie year. He might have the highest potential.
What are the questions about Dobson’s offensive game?

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Dobson. I just have a feeling that 70 point season he had wasn’t a fluke and Roy will help him grow his game defensively to the point he’ll become a force going forward. Romanov being reckless on occasion will also help him out too.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Sanderson but it’s close between him and Seider. I just like Sanderson’s puck moving better. Seider had a rough year last year but he’s also seeing some extreme usage. I think he had like the hardest QoC in the league last year and it wasn’t even close

Defensively:
Sanderson
Dobson
Seider
Power

Offensively:
Dobson
Seider
Power
Sanderson

Dobson’s not good defensively. You can argue between him and Power defensively but Seider’s clearly ahead of Dobson.

Last edited:

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
This poll is also comparing four players drafted in four entirely different drafts. Is it really fair to compare the future of a 24 year old to that of a 21 year old based on what the 24 year old did at age 24? Some have more runway left before peak than others.

The younger players also theoretically have more years of team control ahead of them which is bound to affect which player ‘you take” - Dobson has 5 years of nhl experience already and could walk as a UFA as early as summer 2027 . Sanderson is already under contract until summer 2032.

Last edited:

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
This poll is also comparing four players drafted in four entirely different drafts. Is it really fair to compare the future of a 24 year old to that of a 21 year old based on what the 24 year old did at age 24? Some have more runway left before peak than others.

The younger players also theoretically have more years of team control ahead of them which is bound to affect which player ‘you take” - Dobson has 5 years of nhl experience already and could walk as a UFA as early as summer 2026 (or is it 2027, I’m not sure if his first season is an accrued season towards UFA status - he played 34 but was he rostered for 40+?). Sanderson is already under contract until summer 2032.

Dobson probably shouldn’t be included but while yeah Seider/Sanderson/Power are 3 different classes there’s still less than 20 months separating them. Sanderson/Power in particular less than 5 months

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Really waffled between Dobson and Seider here. Total toss-up between them for me. They both have particular advantages that could swing it in their favour...but it really goes back and forth.

Gave the edge in the vote to Seider, because i think what he's done without any real support around him is impressive. Whereas Dobson has had a lot more around him defensively, even if Pelech-Pulock took a step back while he really emerged this year...still miles better than any supporting cast around Seider. But that's really just knocking Dobson for not having the opportunity to carry an entire D-Corps by himself...which really isn't fair...just like it's not entirely fair to Seider to actually as him to do that on the ice. :laugh:

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
Seider because I'm a Detroit fan, but I honestly feel like Power is underrated. He may not have the same offensive output as the other three, but he's great defensively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad