OT: Non-Kraken Local Sports (Mariners, Seahawks, Sounders, etc.)

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
Does the NFL have stuff like a salary cap? Can an owner just outspend others and create a monster? I haven't watched a full NFL game in 25 years, but I do catch like a quarter to a half if the Seahawks are in the Superbowl. Just curious if a Bezos ownership could lead to the possibility of a spending spree that could lead to me paying attention to the success of the Seahawks again. lmfao
Player staff have a salary cap but coaching, scouting wtc doesnt. Seahawks facilities and stadium have also slipped to middling since Paul Allen died. Was state of the art under him which may also attract players.

Kind of wish he'd buy the mariners

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Player staff have a salary cap but coaching, scouting wtc doesnt. Seahawks facilities and stadium have also slipped to middling since Paul Allen died. Was state of the art under him which may also attract players.

Kind of wish he'd buy the mariners

Somebody give ol Jeff a call right now!

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Who pays that for the sonics. I know someone will but who? Not like Seattle is short on billionaires. I doubt bonderman can alone. Can Andy jazzy?
The current Kraken ownership group is the clear cut favourite for the new expansion team in Seattle.

Bonderman's also selling his shares in the Boston Celtics(cause you can't have shares in two NBA franchises) and the group has also had many conversations(nearly weekly) with potential parties that are interested to join the group.
At least according to Chris Daniels who now has a weekly show/podcast on Komo News called Inside the Arena.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The current Kraken ownership group is the clear cut favourite for the new expansion team in Seattle.

Bonderman's also selling his shares in the Boston Celtics(cause you can't have shares in two NBA franchises) and the group has also had many conversations(nearly weekly) with potential parties that are interested to join the group.
At least according to Chris Daniels who now has a weekly show/podcast on Komo News called Inside the Arena.
In most circumstances, ala Houston and NHL, you'd automatically default to the owner of the current primary tenant. But, since OVG is the operator of the arena, that's the same situation as Houston where the city owns the arena and the Rockets have the management agreement. So, it doesn't have to be Bonderman, but, all signs point to Bonderman as the primary owner, even with other investors.

Bear of Bad News

"The Worst Guy on the Site" - user feedback
Sep 27, 2005
Theory: the Astros allowed Ryne Stanek to sign in Seattle in order to destroy our season.

Frue or talse?

Bear of Bad News

Sep 27, 2005
Ty France has been successfully waived. Only eleven hitters to go.

For what it's worth, France will be hitting 0.307 for the Dodgers by year-end. Probably get a couple of clutch hits in the NLCS too.

Reactions: Fuhrious

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I think the only Seattle team I am a fan of is the Kraken. I root for the Sounders but I don't really follow MLS. Same with the Storm. Maybe I should start watching soccer more. Used to back in India but have only followed the Euro leagues on and off since.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
I think the only Seattle team I am a fan of is the Kraken. I root for the Sounders but I don't really follow MLS. Same with the Storm. Maybe I should start watching soccer more. Used to back in India but have only followed the Euro leagues on and off since.

Wrong team if you’re going to start liking soccer.

Bear of Bad News

Sep 27, 2005
Now Stanek can blow the sixth inning instead of the seventh.

In all seriousness, I’m excited they are making reasonable moves in a seller’s market.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad