2027 NHL draft prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
It's becoming more and more commonplace.

It doesn't guarantee anything. Wright and Misa, for example, are not phenomenals.

I completely agree, but still both are highly talented players, so much so that one was in the top 10 and the other will be as well.
They may not be what you expect, and that's normal, so many players don't meet expectations, but Dupont is considered the next Makar and Penkin the best since Stutzle, at their age that is phenomenal and worth watching.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
I completely agree, but still both are highly talented players, so much so that one was in the top 10 and the other will be as well.
They may not be what you expect, and that's normal, so many players don't meet expectations, but Dupont is considered the next Makar and Penkin the best since Stutzle, at their age that is phenomenal and worth watching.
Penkin's PPG is nothing exceptional.

Reactions: czech

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Not saying it is, either, but you obviously don’t know how to properly read stats in the German junior leagues.

I know last year you started to study Norwegian junior leagues, maybe this year do some studying on the German leagues and maybe you’ll get to a similar level as myself.
Go teach me the German U17 statistics.

Tell me.

78% success in draft prediction last year. I don't even see why you're talking about Norwegian hockey, I predicted that it would be an exceptional year for the Norwegians, it was the case.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Not saying it is, either, but you obviously don’t know how to properly read stats in the German junior leagues.

I know last year you started to study Norwegian junior leagues, maybe this year do some studying on the German leagues and maybe you’ll get to a similar level as myself.

To be fair, with the constant changes in the format, it is very difficult to compare stats from year to year, especially when one uses EP as a source where the U17 stats are all just bunched together, even though the competition is split into different tiers during the season. That can make it very confusing.

Is Penkin the real deal? To soon to tell, but from watching him (not his stats) I am cautiously optimistic that he could live up to the hype. I like that he plays such a smart game. I still have not seen him enough to proclaim him the next Stützle, but if any of our guys has chance to reach that level it is him.

The coming season should help to get a much better handle on the level of prospect he really is, but as of right now, he is looking very promising.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
To be fair, with the constant changes in the format, it is very difficult to compare stats from year to year, especially when one uses EP as a source where the U17 stats are all just bunched together, even though the competition is split into different tiers during the season. That can make it very confusing.

Is Penkin the real deal? To soon to tell, but from watching him (not his stats) I am cautiously optimistic that he could live up to the hype. I like that he plays such a smart game. I still have not seen him enough to proclaim him the next Stützle, but if any of our guys has chance to reach that level it is him.

The coming season should help to get a much better handle on the level of prospect he really is, but as of right now, he is looking very promising.
Always start from the initial point.

JotAlan said it was a special draft because this player.

Stutzle, Draisaitl, Seider were very strong, that didn't make their promotion special.

We imagine a lot of things each year about players and ultimately, year after year, the level in the draft is more or less the same.

Let's say that Dupont, Joseph and Penkin are the new Makar, Lafreniere and Stutzle.

Players of this level come out every year.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Go teach me the German U17 statistics.

Tell me.

78% success in draft prediction last year. I don't even see why you're talking about Norwegian hockey, I predicted that it would be an exceptional year for the Norwegians, it was the case.
You want an oversimplification? The only teams worth taking note of is Alder Mannheim and Eisbaren Berlin and their junior programs. RB Juniors is also a great program, also. If there is a prospect putting up great Numbers with those junior programs, take note of them. For the most part, every top prospect in Germany moves to those programs. So when an underage prospect play’s and produces for one of those programs, it’s of note and should be looked at closely.

Hope this helps your understanding a bit.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
You want an oversimplification? The only teams worth taking note of is Alder Mannheim and Eisbaren Berlin and their junior programs. RB Juniors is also a great program, also. If there is a prospect putting up great Numbers with those junior programs, take note of them. For the most part, every top prospect in Germany moves to those programs. So when an underage prospect play’s and produces for one of those programs, it’s of note and should be looked at closely.

Hope this helps your understanding a bit.
Precisely, for a U15 guy in a very weak German U17 league who plays in an ultra dominant team, his production is not exceptional if we have a world reading.

He's the best German forward player born in 2009 but on a global scale, that doesn't mean much.

For a German U15 player to be established as an exceptional talent on a global scale, he really has to do a lot more than Luca Hauf and others.

Always useless and virgin. Grow in your head rather than inventing a world where you are a Mr. Hockey, a sport that you have never played (and whose games you do not even watch attentively).

Martinez89

May 20, 2019
@Dirtyf1ghter From what I remember for 2024 draft you hyped for a very long time as a generational prospect and absolute main candidate for no.1 selection Aron Kiviharju. I know for 2026 draft we have according your opinion another exceptional prospect who is above everyone - Noah Kosick.

Do we have any similar very special name also for this draft class? Honestly, for me your opinion is the most important because I think you have the best overview across all leagues all over the world.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Precisely, for a U15 guy in a very weak German U17 league who plays in an ultra dominant team, his production is not exceptional if we have a world reading.

He's the best German forward player born in 2009 but on a global scale, that doesn't mean much.

For a German U15 player to be established as an exceptional talent on a global scale, he really has to do a lot more than Luca Hauf and others.

Always useless and virgin. Grow in your head rather than inventing a world where you are a Mr. Hockey, a sport that you have never played (and whose games you do not even watch attentively).
You’re right. It may not mean much, and I’m not saying he’s the best since Stutzle. I think he’s a player of note though for this draft however and a guy to keep an eye on as he is consistently playing up levels in a country that doesn’t happen often for a program that is probably the best in Germany. I’m just trying to help you understand the league’s better and how to better identify the best talent.

No need for the personal attacks just because your ego is hurt.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
@Dirtyf1ghter From what I remember for 2024 draft you hyped for a very long time as a generational prospect and absolute main candidate for no.1 selection Aron Kiviharju. I know for 2026 draft we have according your opinion another exceptional prospect who is above everyone - Noah Kosick.

Do we have any similar very special name also for this draft class? Honestly, for me your opinion is the most important because I think you have the best overview across all leagues all over the world.
Yes Kiviharju was an exceptional talent. Two serious injuries, no physical changes have occurred since then. But that doesn't take away from what he did from 10 to 16 years old.

Kosick was a guy to follow for 2026 when he had a superb U14 season. The guy beats Savoie and Bedard's record, you can't react indifferently.

However, I reread the topics, I never spoke of him as an exceptional talent. Maybe the list of 10 players who stood out statistically led you to this error but there was no pecking order. It was nominative. I talked about him as a current No. 1 WHL 2023 draft in 2022. The idea wasn't crazy and hasn't aged that badly. Selected 11th taking the NCAA route.

Everything can change from one year to the next. For 2027 (now), the names that stand out in Canada and the USA are already known so I won't tell you anything.

Landon Dupont
Alexis Joseph
Rocco Pelosi

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
You’re right. It may not mean much, and I’m not saying he’s the best since Stutzle. I think he’s a player of note though for this draft however and a guy to keep an eye on as he is consistently playing up levels in a country that doesn’t happen often for a program that is probably the best in Germany. I’m just trying to help you understand the league’s better and how to better identify the best talent.

No need for the personal attacks just because your ego is hurt.

It happens every year to see U15 players playing in U17. The best national/regional players all play outclassed.

As for the ego, I mobilize it for subjects more important to me.

I'm here to pass the time next to the Tour de France. You're the one who insists on wanting to be humiliated. It is in spite of myself that I play the role of a femdom for you.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
It happens every year to see U15 players playing in U17. The best national/regional players all play outclassed.

As for the ego, I mobilize it for subjects more important to me.

I'm here to pass the time next to the Tour de France. You're the one who insists on wanting to be humiliated. It is in spite of myself that I play the role of a femdom for you.
I have no idea what you’re trying to say? You’re confusing at times.

I’ll leave this conversation with this: not even Tim Stutzle, JJ Peterka, Moritz Seider or Lukas Reichel represented the German U16 team internationally as underage talents. Max Penkin though did last year.

He looks like a notable kid going forward. Accept it.

Reactions: JotAlan

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
I have no idea what you’re trying to say? You’re confusing at times.

I’ll leave this conversation with this: not even Tim Stutzle, JJ Peterka, Moritz Seider or Lukas Reichel represented the German U16 team internationally as underage talents. Max Penkin though did last year.

He looks like a notable kid going forward. Accept it.
Above all, I have the impression that you don't even know what you're saying because you're so emotional.

Yeah he appears in the Germany U16 list with no matches recorded but that’s anecdotal. Matthias Bittner is also mentionned and ?

For a German who hopes to see Germans drafted, yes he is a guy to follow, but in the context of thinking about the exceptional talents that would make this 2027 draft different from the others, I am not going to tell myself that Max Penkin makes the 2027 nhl draft exceptionnal because of him as a German U15 with 1.62PPG in U17 Germany.

Last edited:

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Above all, I have the impression that you don't even know what you're saying because you're so emotional.

Yeah he appears in the Germany U16 list with no matches recorded but that’s anecdotal. Matthias Bittner is also mentionned and ?

For a German who hopes to see Germans drafted, yes he is a guy to follow, but in the context of thinking about the exceptional talents that would make this 2027 draft different from the others, I am not going to tell myself that Max Penkin makes the 2027 nhl draft exceptionnal because of him as a German U15 with 1.62PPG in U17 Germany.
From how I understand it, your argument revolves around: “This player isn’t exceptional” which I agree with, so i don’t understand the hostility and personal attacks coming from your end, lol.

I think he’s a player of note in 2027. That’s it, simple as that.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
From how I understand it, your argument revolves around: “This player isn’t exceptional” which I agree with, so i don’t understand the hostility and personal attacks coming from your end, lol.

I think he’s a player of note in 2027. That’s it, simple as that.
Um... It was you who came (for the umpteenth time) with your usual aggressiveness when I said that he didn't have an exceptional production.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
If, after reading you again, still there is nothing that shocks you regarding your aggressiveness and your lack of politeness, I cannot redo your education.
Pretty rich coming from someone who resorts to petty playground insults at the end of all his sentences.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Landon Dupont is going 1OA in this draft. He's better than Bedard at the same age. He's got a Makar like floor. Could end up as good as Orr. Best defenseman I've ever seen his age by a large margin.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Yes Kiviharju was an exceptional talent. Two serious injuries, no physical changes have occurred since then. But that doesn't take away from what he did from 10 to 16 years old.

Kosick was a guy to follow for 2026 when he had a superb U14 season. The guy beats Savoie and Bedard's record, you can't react indifferently.

However, I reread the topics, I never spoke of him as an exceptional talent. Maybe the list of 10 players who stood out statistically led you to this error but there was no pecking order. It was nominative. I talked about him as a current No. 1 WHL 2023 draft in 2022. The idea wasn't crazy and hasn't aged that badly. Selected 11th taking the NCAA route.

Everything can change from one year to the next. For 2027 (now), the names that stand out in Canada and the USA are already known so I won't tell you anything.

Landon Dupont
Alexis Joseph
Rocco Pelosi
I would add Scantlebury and Cam Warren to this list and thats the top 5 right now

Landon Dupont is going 1OA in this draft. He's better than Bedard at the same age. He's got a Makar like floor. Could end up as good as Orr. Best defenseman I've ever seen his age by a large margin.
Dupont is probably the top dog right now but the jury is still out. He doesn’t really play defense and was allowed to do whatever he wanted with no repercussions. The skating ability and offensive skill is evident.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad