2027 NHL draft prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mathieukferland

Oct 11, 2020
Sloane Square, Chelsea, England
2. Not a strong league, the QMAAA ?!? Man, it's a league that brings all the best U16 Q players on just 15 teams, all of the best U17s except the top 30 and U18s who haven't graduated in QMJHL. Every year, their representatives dominate the Telus Cup. Midget level, it is a North American reference. For a bantam player like Joseph was, this is a huge level.
As has already been mentioned to you, many of the strongest teams in Canada don’t play in the Telus cup, it’s not the end all be all of determining league strength.

And just because they have fewer teams it doesn’t make it a strong league, it’s because there’s less talent in Quebec than elsewhere in Canada, as borne out by draft numbers

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
As is the CSSHL for the W and the OMHA/GTHL for the OHL, what’s your point? And of course Yannick Lévesque is going to have a high opinion of that league, seeing as he is the PRESIDENT of it😂

Your efforts are noble but I think you should stick to leagues you understand, because you’ve managed to make a debauchery of your analysis of how different North American minor hockey leagues work, your points of reference are wayyyyy off.

Also, antichambre is like waiting room/developmental league I think you mean
Personally, I think it's the best U18 league. Ontario is divided into several leagues which include 50 teams so even if the player pool is larger, the talent is more diluted than in Quebec.

I didn't say anything about Yannick Levesque praising his league, other than his policy of blocking U15 players and keeping as many 17-18 year old players in his league as possible. Joseph was an exception for him. And it's effective. You have around fifty U17 players in the WHL and OHL, only around thirty in the QMJHL.

I already understand QMAAA. So I know what I'm saying. I don't go much further on the subject by limiting myself to Dupont and Joseph, so I don't understand your attack.

Question of talent density. Quebec produces less talent but the circuit is denser with only 15 teams so 300 players while in Ontario and Canada West, there are indefinitely more.

Dominate the Telus Cup every year means something. And as already said, if it was such an easy league, players like Desnoyers or Luneau would have produced a lot more at U16.

I'll just stick with Joseph. Probably the best U15 season since 50 years of this league. What's hard to understand that today, I can put him in a top 5 U15 world ranking ?

Last edited:

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
1. I never compared any of the US or Canadian kids to anyone in Europe. I openly admitted that I don’t watch them therefore have no input. The same as you have never watched any of the North Americans play.

2. I’m not sure what you are saying here. The QMAAA is not a strong league. Again these u18 leagues are full of kids who don’t play hockey past the age of 18. Few go on to play in the CHL, some junior A, and most junior B or C. If you are 17 years old playing u18 hockey it means you aren’t good enough to play junior hockey.

3. Pelosi as it stands today is probably the #1 american. My point was that things change rapidly at this age. Kids grow, kids plateau. Happens in every age group. At 14-15 years old John McFarland, Seth Ambroz, Cam Askew, Jake Wise were the best players in the world.

4. I literally never claimed the top 5 would be all americans in tbe 2027 draft. Again I don’t know where you make this stuff up.

5. There have been far more man childs that have flopped than that have panned out. CHL gave exceptional status to Sean Day and Joe Veleno, so no they are not always right.
For point 2 that's not true in quite a few cases. Lots of kids go back to play 3rd year midget because they'd rather be in a big role to keep developing vs being a depth guy in junior at 17. Another reason especially in Saskatchewan is kids wouldn't want to sign in the sjhl but couldn't sign in another league until 18. Changed a bit since the bchl left HC but lots still go to the ajhl over sjhl. As a example Hudson Malinoski chose to play his 3rd year in midget AAA because he wanted to get more offensive opportunities to improve vs signing in the sjhl and being a checker. Went to Brooks after he aged out of midget and got drafted by Toronto.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
For point 2 that's not true in quite a few cases. Lots of kids go back to play 3rd year midget because they'd rather be in a big role to keep developing vs being a depth guy in junior at 17. Another reason especially in Saskatchewan is kids wouldn't want to sign in the sjhl but couldn't sign in another league until 18. Changed a bit since the bchl left HC but lots still go to the ajhl over sjhl. As a example Hudson Malinoski chose to play his 3rd year in midget AAA because he wanted to get more offensive opportunities to improve vs signing in the sjhl and being a checker. Went to Brooks after he aged out of midget and got drafted by Toronto.
I also think there is way more talent in Western Canada than Quebec. Going back to play midget does happen but its rare. Most times if you are a depth guy in WHL or any other jr A league at 17 it typically doesn’t bode well for your future. But i get your point

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
I also think there is way more talent in Western Canada than Quebec. Going back to play midget does happen but its rare. Most times if you are a depth guy in WHL or any other jr A league at 17 it typically doesn’t bode well for your future. But i get your point
The best Q player born in the 70s and the best Q player born in the 80s played in QMAAA at U17. Oops i dit it again.

More talent obviously than yes but more diluted than in Quebec.

You have 10 midget elite U18 leagues in West Canada, 5 in Ontario, 1 in Quebec + Maritimes which produces the remaining 1/3 QMJHL players.

Last edited:

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
The best Q player born in the 70s and the best Q player born in the 80s played in QMAAA at U17. Oops i dit it again.

More talent obviously than yes but more diluted than in Quebec.

You have 10 midget elite U18 leagues in West Canada, 5 in Ontario, 1 in Quebec + Maritimes which produces the remaining 1/3 QMJHL players.
Dating back 40-50 years does not help your argument lol. If you are still playing u18 in Ontario that means you got cut from majoe junior and junior A. U18 in Ontario is bad hockey

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Dating back 40-50 years does not help your argument lol. If you are still playing u18 in Ontario that means you got cut from majoe junior and junior A. U18 in Ontario is bad hockey
Martin Saint-Louis (best Q player born in 70s), Patrice Bergeron (best Q player born in 80s), Pierre-Alexandre Parenteau, Kris Letang, Jonathan Marchessault, Mathieu Joseph, Yanni Gourde, David Savard, Jean-Gabriel Pageau, Frederick Gaudreau (until U18), Pierre-Olivier Joseph (at the beginning), Samuel Montembeault (ok he is a goalies), Antoine Roussel (until U18)... Not really guys who played 40/50 years ago

Last edited:

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Martin Saint-Louis (best Q player born in 70s), Patrice Bergeron (best Q player born in 80s), Pierre-Alexandre Parenteau, Kris Letang, Jonathan Marchessault, Mathieu Joseph, Yanni Gourde, David Savard, Jean-Gabriel Pageau, Frederick Gaudreau (until U18), Pierre-Olivier Joseph (at the beginning), Samuel Montembeault (ok he is a goalies), Antoine Roussel (until U18)... Not really guys who played 40/50 years ago
Now do the GTHL u16

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Think a little bit. No U17 players play in a U16 league.
You should figure out how, and why leagues are structured as such before blindly arguing for/against them.

You’re the guy who was shitting on Nathan Villeneuve, Malcolm Spence and Cole Beaudoin because they came from a league your not familiar with, only to have all of them to go in the first two rounds of the NHL draft, or projected to go in Spence’s case.

Reactions: wetcoast

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
You should figure out how, and why leagues are structured as such before blindly arguing for/against them.

You’re the guy who was shitting on Nathan Villeneuve, Malcolm Spence and Cole Beaudoin because they came from a league your not familiar with, only to have all of them to go in the first two rounds of the NHL draft, or projected to go in Spence’s case.
To begin with, I know the difference between a Quebec U18 league and a Greater Toronto U16 league. Knowing that the U18 champion from Quebec very often mistreats the U18 champion from Greater Toronto.

The level of GTHL U16 is more comparable with that of QM17AAA, which is very far from QM(18)AAA.

I think you have the completely wrong guy. I have never omitted a single criticism of Villeneuve and Beaudoin who are also players who came from the Ottawa league, just so you can understand how talent is diluted in Ontarian Midget. Two guys I had 28th and 61st in my draft estimates, they came out 24th and 63rd. Spence, I criticized his thuggish attitude and his communitarianism.

Failed again. Try again.

Last edited:

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
To begin with, I know the difference between a Quebec U18 league and a Greater Toronto U16 league. Knowing that the U18 champion from Quebec very often mistreats the U18 champion from Greater Toronto.

The level of GTHL U16 is more comparable with that of QM17AAA, which is very far from QM(18)AAA.

I think you have the completely wrong guy. I have never omitted a single criticism of Villeneuve and Beaudoin who are also players who came from the Ottawa league, just so you can understand how talent is diluted in Midget. Spence, I criticized his thuggish attitude and his communitarianism.

Failed again. Try again.
You realize this site has receipts, right?

This is what you said about them:
Performing below their selection rank. Unless there is a big jump in level next year, the 3 will be undrafted.
you try to make yourself sound knowledgeable about prospects, but in reality you’re spewing BS. It would be worse if you were actually trying, because you have proved time, and time over you can’t project if your life depended on it.

Reactions: wetcoast

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
You realize this site has receipts, right?

This is what you said about them:

you try to make yourself sound knowledgeable about prospects, but in reality you’re spewing BS. It would be worse if you were actually trying, because you have proved time, and time over you can’t project if your life depended on it.
From 1, 3rd was Benjamin Cormier.

From 2, it was in their U17 season.

From 3, it says, unless there is a big progression, they will be undrafted. And there was big progress for Beaudoin and Villeneuve. Cristoforo, Van Volsen, Frasca, Marrelli better than them at U17 were not for example.

Failed again. Try again.

You give me the impression of a pathetic guy who only has the internet to attack people because he's too weak in life.

Last edited:

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Your comment was racist and for that I am going to have to block you. Quite frankly I’ve seen enough of you spewing nonsense. You very clearly have zero grasp on North American hockey. Stick to things your good at, it aint this
Yes, the hypocritical accusation of racism after being ridiculous twice (and I was magnanimous in not pleading with you).

I'm writing something here that I think very strongly : Robin Lehner and Tom Wilson have a thug attitude. And ?

Bye bye bye.

One less stalker. Only 2 left.

Last edited:

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Yes, the hypocritical accusation of racism after being ridiculous twice (and I was magnanimous in not pleading with you).

I'm writing something here that I think very strongly : Robin Lehner and Tom Wilson have a thug attitude. And ?

Bye bye bye.

One less stalker. Only 2 left.
I was hoping that something got lost in translation from your original comment and perhaps you aren't racist but calling Spence thuggish isn't a good look and from a scouting POV is 100% nonsensical.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
I was hoping that something got lost in translation from your original comment and perhaps you aren't racist but calling Spence thuggish isn't a good look and from a scouting POV is 100% nonsensical.
That's the impression he gives me and I had that feeling when I passed him a few meters from me. Furrowed brow, hostile look, I haven't seen that often but maybe he was in a bad mood.

If I say it easily on this site for European people like Lehner or Wilson, I have the right to say it about people who are half European.

Then maybe there is a taboo around the word thug in North America, I don't know about it. But for a continent that propagates thug culture around the world, I find it hypocritical. Your companies can't promote these kinds of attitudes and then complain about it being noticed.

Aware of cultural differences on this site. Politeness, respect, listening, discussion - that's not really it. Always a guy who wants to crush, humiliate, demean the other. The subject and the passion is only anecdotal. Me, I am shocked by the way some people talk to me, I have the impression of being attacked in my freedom to think, to exist and that is why I defend myself aggressively against these people. It's very dictatorial.

Here we are on a 2027 NHL draft subject and it talks about everything except the 2027 NHL draft.

Last edited:

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
That's the impression he gives me and I had that feeling when I passed him a few meters from me. Furrowed brow, hostile look, I haven't seen that often but maybe he was in a bad mood.

If I say it easily on this site for European people like Lehner or Wilson, I have the right to say it about people who are half European.

Then maybe there is a taboo around the word thug in North America, I don't know about it. But for a continent that propagates thug culture around the world, I find it hypocritical. Your companies can't promote these kinds of attitudes and then complain about it being noticed.

Aware of cultural differences on this site. Politeness, respect, listening, discussion - that's not really it. Always a guy who wants to crush, humiliate, demean the other. The subject and the passion is only anecdotal. Me, I am shocked by the way some people talk to me, I have the impression of being attacked in my freedom to think, to exist and that is why I defend myself aggressively against these people. It's very dictatorial.

Here we are on a 2027 NHL draft subject and it talks about everything except the 2027 NHL draft.
Fair enough but is how he looked to you in a moment of time really pertinent to the 2027 draft or any draft?

As for thuggish culture, I'm of German heritage but I'm no Nazi so at best your comments were ignorant but here is the meaning of thuggish.

characterized by violent behavior, especially of a criminal nature

Given the propensity of white nationalists and other people who should know better, especially south of the border where I'm from, to criminalize African Americans historically your comment was in poor taste and a gentlemen would withdraw it and perhaps restate that the player didn't look joy full as how he looked in a moment really has zero bearing on his draft status and he doesn't play like a Broad street Bully.

As for your last sentence sure some people go overboard in the discussion but most people here argue and even attack comments and positions taken not individuals.

Your statement in short was very offensive to that player and it really doesn't matter if you intended it that way or not it was a bad look and my suggestion is that you move on from it.

It was basically akin to calling a German hockey prospect something like the perfect example of the master race if he was blue eyed blonde that a certain insecure Nazi promoted.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Fair enough but is how he looked to you in a moment of time really pertinent to the 2027 draft or any draft?

As for thuggish culture, I'm of German heritage but I'm no Nazi so at best your comments were ignorant but here is the meaning of thuggish.

Given the propensity of white nationalists and other people who should know better, especially south of the border where I'm from, to criminalize African Americans historically your comment was in poor taste and a gentlemen would withdraw it and perhaps restate that the player didn't look joy full as how he looked in a moment really has zero bearing on his draft status and he doesn't play like a Broad street Bully.

As for your last sentence sure some people go overboard in the discussion but most people here argue and even attack comments and positions taken not individuals.

Your statement in short was very offensive to that player and it really doesn't matter if you intended it that way or not it was a bad look and my suggestion is that you move on from it.

It was basically akin to calling a German hockey prospect something like the perfect example of the master race if he was blue eyed blonde that a certain insecure Nazi promoted.

It wasn't me particularly, but there was a hardness in his eyes, he was in his "voyou" character.

This is the problem of cultural differences, you cannot understand that I use this word without linking it to an ethnic identity.

To be more virulent, I would have thought of the word "racaille" translated as scum.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Gotcha, so because you believe he should have gotten exceptional status. You say with certainty that “Dupont and Joseph are the only two players to have received an exceptional offer from the CHL is the case”

Even though the statement is factually incorrect.

What it should say is: “Dupont is the only player to have received an exceptional offer from the CHL is the case”

I even kept your broken English
To be fair to him, he’s not a native speaker. He’s from France. For a second (or possibly third or fourth language), his English isn’t bad.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don’t know what you typed into google translate but this comes off as incredibly racist, tone it down a bit
I don’t know if I agree. I get what you’re trying to say, but thug isn’t synonymous with black. It can apply to black people, but it can apply to people of all races.

I think any of the people calling him racist for calling Spence a thug are looking to antagonize him unnecessarily. Of course, criticizing the characterization of Spence as thuggish is more than fair, but I don’t see why the racial context needed to be brought up. It’s clear that’s not what he was going for and it’s not even a clear synonym for a black person.

Just my two cents.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
I don’t know what you typed into google translate but this comes off as incredibly racist, tone it down a bit
if your insulted by words like thug then we might as well speak in nonbinary code cause this is getting ridicules. Im getting offended by peoples lack of knowledge of words, maybe something should be done about that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad