2027 NHL draft prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Postulates

Jun 7, 2022
Of course, I don't have the same assessment as you.

For 6 years, it's always been Misa/Roobroeck/McKenna in my mind. McKenna passed Roobroeck and may pass Misa.

Anyway, Roobroeck and McKenna have to be compared with the best laters of 2006 (Gavin, Spence). Clearly not a photo for me.

Rescheny, I don't know. IF you're talking about Cole Reschny, he's a forward and he didn't show anything crazy.

For Schaefer, you get Rudolph and Verhoeff.

Americans 2007... two of the best players are too small. I assume that every year it's about the same level at the USDP. However, you make me think that their best goalkeeper in several years is also eligible for 2026.

Misa has the U16 PPG record in OHL ahead of McDavid, Wright, Spezza and Tavares so that matches your stat.

Slovakia is starting to weigh in the game and this will be more and more the case given the performances of the young people.

The 2007 generation is very promising.

Dylan Rozzi, if he continues to be ahead of Lafreniere, it will weigh heavily on a draft. He seems far superior to Zachary Morin. Viktor Fedorov is said to be very strong too.

Well you can go on contradicting me but my opinion is made and it is not you who will make me give up my idea but my perception about the evolution of things. I thought about the subject before writing my words.
Why should they be compared to players a year older instead of people closer to their age, oh wait because they arent better than them. This is moving a goal post.

Cullen Potter is 5'9" but his dad Rob Potter is 6'0" so he will likely continue to grow
Moore is 6'3"!
McKinney is 6'0"
Mooney 5'5" more likely 5'6" right now but could grow
Horcoff is 6'3"
Trethewey 6'1"
Philips 6'5"
Fondrk 5'10"
Its not the same level every year of the NTDP compare the draft results of the 2001 and the 2002 group for example where Sanderson was really the only name guy and only NTDP kid selected in the first round that year

This group is coming in with high expectations. Some top 07s such as Whitehead and Henry Brzustewicz Cooper Simpson didnt make the team its an elite crop pre expectations wise

The goaltender comment was about Gabriel Daigle

You say McKenna may pass this. What evidence is there? Is it dominating PEI and NW territories in Pool C against bunch of kids who will probably play Junior B hockey

Having watched both of them Morin is the better hockey player.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Why should they be compared to players a year older instead of people closer to their age, oh wait because they arent better than them. This is moving a goal post.

Cullen Potter is 5'9" but his dad Rob Potter is 6'0" so he will likely continue to grow
Moore is 6'3"!
McKinney is 6'0"
Horcoff is 6'3"
Trethewey 6'1"
Philips 6'5"
Fondrk 5'10"
Its not the same level every year of the NTDP compare the draft results of the 2001 and the 2002 group for example where Sanderson was really the only name guy and only NTDP kid selected in the first round that year

This group is coming in with high expectations. Some top 07s such as Whitehead and Henry Brzustewicz Cooper Simpson didnt make the team its an elite crop pre expectations wise

You say McKenna may pass this. What evidence is there? Is it dominating PEI and NW territories in Pool C against bunch of kids who will probably play Junior B hockey

Very skeptical about Morin's ability to approach McKenna's level.

McKenna is almost a year younger and has always performed better.

Misa had a great U16 season in the OHL but McKenna's WHL debut...

3rd PPG for a U16 in the history of the WHL... 2nd behind Bedard in the last 35 years - being born on December 20, so almost a year younger than Misa. It's impressive.

Anyway, I built my reasoning for the moment so it's not you who will make me change my mind but the evolution of sports performance in the coming years.

I have my personal opinion as already mentioned.

Mathieukferland

Oct 11, 2020
Sloane Square, Chelsea, England
His WHL stats as a 15 year old are more relevant than piling up points against teams from the Arctic. 18 in 16 is comparable to other top 5 picks in the modern era (Dach, Nugent Hopkins) and obviously there’s a long time to go, but something catastrophic would have to happen for him to slide out of the top 5 at this rate. Medicine Hat will return a pretty strong team as well next year so he should produce well.

As for your assessment of Morin, he often played around where I live before leaving for the USA and I was only marginally impressed, and just based on stats watching since he left for America his teammate Horcoff looks the better player

czech

Feb 23, 2009
Yes, he looked very good at the WSI Elite tournament held in early May. He played for the ProHockey team and became the top scorer of the preliminary part. However, his team could not oppose anything to the team "Czech Knights". The Czechs defeated the ProHockey team in both the preliminary round and the final game. In the Czech team, I will also note strong candidates for getting into this draft: Lukaš Kachlíř, Stanislav Sanejstr, Eliáš Matoušek, Jonáš Vaníček, Šimon Šejc etc... The first two of those listed should just be picked in the first round (Lukaš Kachlíř, possibly in the top-5).

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015

Moore is 6'3"!
McKinney is 6'0"
Horcoff is 6'3"
Trethewey 6'1"
Philips 6'5"
Fondrk 5'10"

I believe Cullen’s mom is really short

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Dominick Byrtus is listed as a dual-citizen (US/CZE) – does anyone know where he was born or what the connection to the US is? His brother Elias is playing in Boston but is listed as Czech only.
I'm not sure where he was born. Anyway, his parents lived in the USA, then returned to the Czech Republic. The older brother went back and plays as you write for Boston and he would like Dominick to go play there too. He remains with us for now and probably nothing will change in the near future. I know a little of the people around Dominick, and there is a bit of concern among my acquaintances that he is not too overtrained.

Reactions: pgfan66

czech

Feb 23, 2009
Dominick Byrtus is listed as a dual-citizen (US/CZE) – does anyone know where he was born or what the connection to the US is? His brother Elias is playing in Boston but is listed as Czech only.
He was born in the USA when his parents worked there temporarily. Fully connected with the Czech Republic, like his brothers.

Reactions: pgfan66

czech

Feb 23, 2009
The Czech record for the number of players selected in the first round (4) could be repeated.
Kachlir, Byrtus, Sanejstr definitely and possibly one of the three: Tomanek, Vanha, Rejthar.

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
The Czech record for the number of players selected in the first round (4) could be repeated.
Kachlir, Byrtus, Sanejstr definitely and possibly one of the three: Tomanek, Vanha, Rejthar.
Far too young players for any such bold predictions. Can they be drafted that high and in that number? Probably yes, but for a more accurate estimate, the players must first show their performance in the national team. Overseas, these predictions sometimes come out, but there is much more competition in the competitions that are played there than in the Czech Republic. And then, you're way too optimistic, I already know that;) I remember Jecho surpassing Bedard at eleven or twelve..

Reactions: hellwar9

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Surprisingly, you didn't forget!
...But the fact remains. In that match, Jecho wiped his nose (eye?, I don’t know how to say it correctly in English) to Bedard.
Of course I remember, I have a good memory for these matters :D
Well, I know how it was, it just confirms that what happened when they were twelve definitely does not apply when they were seventeen..

number1crippsfan

Nov 2, 2023
Did you guys see brock cripps?
he is the best of his age no doubt, cripps owns dupont and all the other players. He is also a academic weapon, he would still get in havard without playing hockey. Maybe you guys should start talking about brock cripps not some guy from russia.

number1crippsfan

Nov 2, 2023
2024 Whl draft

1. Brock Cripps
2. Kyle Obabaifo
3. Jacob Schawartz
4. Eddy Spytz
5. Terran Johal
6. Aidan Howard
7. Nathek Sandhu
8. Jack Poole
9. Christian Sum
10. Bingo Zhao
11. Cameron Dhaliwal
12. Shay Soo
13. Jock Ross
14. Aidan Andrews
15. Logan Fuller
16. Keenen Canales
17. Albert Que
18. Byron Chin
19. Logan Alexis
20. Emma Ephstein
21. Felix Hang
22. Landon Dupont

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
he is the best of his age no doubt, cripps owns dupont and all the other players. He is also a academic weapon, he would still get in havard without playing hockey. Maybe you guys should start talking about brock cripps not some guy from russia.

Which family member are you?

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
2024 Whl draft

1. Brock Cripps
2. Kyle Obabaifo
3. Jacob Schawartz
4. Eddy Spytz
5. Terran Johal
6. Aidan Howard
7. Nathek Sandhu
8. Jack Poole
9. Christian Sum
10. Bingo Zhao
11. Cameron Dhaliwal
12. Shay Soo
13. Jock Ross
14. Aidan Andrews
15. Logan Fuller
16. Keenen Canales
17. Albert Que
18. Byron Chin
19. Logan Alexis
20. Emma Ephstein
21. Felix Hang
22. Landon Dupont
Very unbelievable list

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
This is getting emberassing....

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
No I am a scout, and I am stating obvious fax.

Dude what's going on here?

Why isn't eddy spytz on it?

Above all, 70% of players usually drafted in the 1st round do not play in British Columbia and even more, the players are not concentrated on the same team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad