Proposal: Trouba to Montreal for Sergachev+1st

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Still a no. Where does Trouba get this value from? He's a career top 4 D that can be slotted on the first pairing for emergency. His value = Beaulieu or slightly more, that's it.

Better defensively and plays more minutes.

And still 1 year younger.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Still a no. Where does Trouba get this value from? He's a career top 4 D that can be slotted on the first pairing for emergency. His value = Beaulieu or slightly more, that's it.

well i would rather take a gamble on Beaulieu being a top pairing D with Weber for next season than Trouba. he barely has any offense and we would have to pay him what?? 6-7M$$ No thx, I wouldnt even sign him as a UFA at that money.

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
Better defensively and plays more minutes.

And still 1 year younger.

Beaulieu is better offensively and what does 1 year change?... you're reaching. Trouba + Weber is a worst pairing than Beaulieu + Weber fyi. And just like the poster below me mentioned, Trouba will sign for 1st pairing D money, while he is absolutely not.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Carry on boys. Pretty soon you'll be convinced that Desharnais is more valuable than Trouba.

Are you crazy?? David Desharnais is perennial all star and franchise #1 center in the LNH. He is more valuable than Galchenyuk. And he can speak French unlike that dim wit russian. Soon, we will extend him to a 9 year contract. Trouba?? Who is that??

pezcore

Jan 13, 2012
St-Hubert, Qc
Without talking value, here's why it makes no sense for Montreal.

-Trouba is RFA, need to be resigned, with our 855K of cap space left, and with the salary that Trouba is looking for, Montreal would need to include roster players to have enough space to sign him.

-If the deal were to be made, Montreal would protect Weber, Petry and Trouba for the expansion draft, leaving Beaulieu unprotected. So in this trade, Habs could end up losing Beaulieu, Sergachev and a 1st for Trouba.

Fact is, I would rather try and see what Beaulieu can do this year with Weber as a mentor and gamble on Sergachev being a top 2/4 in this league. He is one of the reason, IMO, that the Subban trade is bearable. I'm not saying he's going to be as good or better than Subban, but is surely does have a similar skill set.

Fair enough?

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
I like Sergachev more than Trouba going forward but would definitely take Trouba if I needed an RD and to win now. Sergachev's potential is too damn tantalizing, though he may hit a wall of course like Trouba did after that amazing debut to his NHL career.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
No Beaulieu is not better offensively and does not hold better potential. Get real Habs fans.

Though, the salary Trouba ask for might be frightening but I would guess a deal including Trouba would absolutely means MB knows what are his demands. (Ala Shaw)

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
No Beaulieu is not better offensively and does not hold better potential. Get real Habs fans.

Though, the salary Trouba ask for might be frightening but I would guess a deal including Trouba would absolutely means MB knows what are his demands. (Ala Shaw)

Beaulieu put up 2 less points in 17 less games. I don't care how Trouba was in the past he is regressing steadily. They have similar potential.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016

NO NO NO No no no no just no. Oh so a massive overpay in terms of assets and salary would mean MB knows what are his demands (ala Shaw (???))?? What the serious F**k????? Come again??
Again at 6-7M$ i wouldnt sign Trouba as a UFA. Meaning I wouldnt even give up any players, other than overpaid nhl players, nor any assets fir him. He is the type of player you stay away from. Just like Myers and his ridiculous contract.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
NO NO NO No no no no just no. Oh so a massive overpay in terms of assets and salary would mean MB knows what are his demands (ala Shaw (???))?? What the serious F**k????? Come again??
Again at 6-7M$ i wouldnt sign Trouba as a UFA. Meaning I wouldnt even give up any players, other than overpaid nhl players, nor any assets fir him. He is the type of player you stay away from. Just like Myers and his ridiculous contract.

myers next 3 years. 4million,3.5 and then 3. your right,ridiculous contract. who would want that.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
myers next 3 years. 4million,3.5 and then 3. your right,ridiculous contract. who would want that.

Trouba is about to sign a big contract, god love him, he wont be worth nearly that much^^ Myers was on the same boat. He signed such a bad contract. Thats probably why the sabres are still cautious with Ristoleinen; they would prefer a Bridge deal.
Yes, now his contract is more bearable, but it was terrible when he first signed it and still is an overpaid player at 5.5M$ in terms of cap hit.

Andreas Ferrari

Dale is the GOAT!!!
Apr 4, 2015
WinnerPeg

Trouba is a stud defenseman who will lead the Jets to the Stanley Cup,there isn't a single player on the Canadiens I would trade him for even up.

The Canadiens will wallow in mediocrity for many years to come I am sad to say.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
All you have is hope and hope and hope. Years of prospects. Trouba? Hes fallen short and wants a massive contract. Idk who the guy on the right, (ehlers??), is but if thats all u have to show thats pretty sad (show me what the jets have done in the NHL, not in some cover book). As far as im aware the jets look like the oilers but they actually have better players to show for.
Here let me help.
trophies-620x349.jpg

That guy alone is worth more than all ur prospects^^

And 7 playoff appearances for the habs with 2 trips to the eastern conferences while ur beloved jets have only ONCE played for the playoffs in the past 5 years, if you add in the thrashers, twice in the past 10 years!!!! Wow you guys are so good. Didnt you get swept by the Ducks proving how bad you guys were for a playoff team??

Roslovic only got 26 pts in 36 games with just 10 goals. 1rst liner and part of a top 5 line in the NHL?? Lmao.
Laine looks good. Same for Connor. But I look at teams like the Coyotes, Oilers, Avalanche, flames and I can see they all have an equally bright team for the future or for some of those teams an even better future lying ahead.
I just have a VERY tough time seeing the Jets hoist the cup in 2019. Thats WAY too soon. I would expect them to win one, if they are too, some time in the late 20s.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Price on the downside? U mean heading into his prime?? Surely you mean that?? Weber declining based on what?? Age?? Right, i forgot once u turn 31, you cant skate anymore and you need a cane to get around the ice these days. Silly me.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
As a Habs fan I would easily trade Price for Laine,Connor,Hellebuyck...etc

1v1??? Wow!! ur crazy! Make that horrible trade and set back the habs by 5 to 10 years. We need a GM like you managing the habs. Stop being too sarcastic

Even Price for all of them makes no sense. The habs would have a surplus of prospects with none of them other than Laine, and maybe Connor, good enough to acquire big pieces, unless u pair up 1rst rounders and roster players ofc, and then the habs will have no space for all of them and inevitably have prospects rotting in some random leagues, losing them for nothing. Its pretty much Laine, Connor and Hellebuyck for Price. I dont see the habs doing anything close to that. If MB does that, he gets fired right away.

Last edited:

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
Leafs fan coming in peace!

Trouba for TML 2017 1st (top 10 protected pre lottery), Tobias Lindberg/Josh Leivo, Frank Corrado/Martin Marincin?

Corrado/Marincin can play bottom pairing this year for Winnipeg, Marincin looked ready to step into the top 4 when the opportunity was there, though he is a LHD and Corrado is a RHD.

Lindberg/Leivo both look like pretty solid prospects, nicely looking to become top 9 guy, Leivo probably next year.

2017 1st round pick top 10 protected. With Trouba, I for sure see the Leafs finishing outside the bottom 10.

Thoughts? Is the value off?
That is brutal. A top ten protected pick and some loose end D-list prospects for a top 4 RHD who has yet to enter his prime?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad