Proposal: Trouba to Montreal for Sergachev+1st

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
I don't think the Rangers have the space to sign Trouba if they get him.
Good point. I think the Rangers have like 2 million in cap space.

Rangers have 2.175.000 in space with all The New signings. 25 contracts. Lindberg will start on LTIR ($650.000). 24. Glass gets sent down. Save $925.000. 23. $3.100.000 Available. Move Millers and McIllraiths contracts as The Guy suggested. Save $3.550.000. $6.650.000 available. Lindbergs space. There is money there to add Trouba. Not saying it will, could or should happen, but The money to do it is definitely there.

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
Don't bother offering scraps. Offer a defenseman, comparable to Trouba age wise (max 23) and talent wise (borderline top pairing guy with upside to be even better).

Why would any team bother to offer up what your asking for?:shakehead
Ya lets trade our 23 yr old, talent wise D-man for a guy with less potential.:laugh:

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Why would any team bother to offer up what your asking for?:shakehead
Ya lets trade our 23 yr old, talent wise D-man for a guy with less potential.:laugh:

Why should we trade Trouba for something which doesn't replace him straight up? We only need that Trouba's comparable if we lose him in the first place.

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
hahahah I was never aware first rounders and top 10 picks,esp one that was gonna get drafted 4th overall, were considered scraps by a team in rebuild mode^^ Thats the funniest thing ive heard here in these boards hahaha. Thx for making me laugh!!! :nod::nod::nod::nod::laugh::laugh::laugh:

So now we're using where players could have been drafted, not where they were drafted to pump up their value? Nice. Sergachev was never going 4th overall in this draft. Maybe you heard a few people say that, but that doesn't mean it was close to happening.

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
NYC
Why should we trade Trouba for something which doesn't replace him straight up? We only need that Trouba's comparable if we lose him in the first place.
Given the circumstances, either a player that doesn't want to be in Winnipeg or one that grossly inflates his value, they would have to get lucky that some GM that has enough cap space and is willing to give you a player of similar skill and age because they value Trouba so much. Although almost every team in the league would like him on their team but he is not even one of the top 5 Jets I'd want in a trade for my prized young defenseman.

Jul 10, 2003
KW
That Gardiner+2017 1st(top 5 protected) for Trouba deal seems like a fair deal.

But then you'd have to pay Trouba more than Rielly to get him signed, even though he hasn't shown to be worth any more, might not make sense for us.

Jul 10, 2003
KW
Montreal has their top 4 RD spots locked in.

When Trouba is eventually moved, I don't think Jets fans are going to be happy with the return. Like most players, he doesn't have the value we all hope for on our team when we look to make deals. It applies to more than half the league around here. Even though Trouba is a good asset, I don't think he is worth what has been thrown around all summer.

I think Trouba has been playing the left side, but I'll let WPG fans confirm that.

Tasteless Beaver

Here for the hot takes
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
He has been playing LHD with Byfuglien on RHD, and the pairing was good.

Just to confirm, we know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about the demands of either party here. We don't know how close or far away they are from a deal. We don't know that Trouba wants out, either. Under these circumstances, a contract is still, by far, the likeliest scenario.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Given the circumstances, either a player that doesn't want to be in Winnipeg or one that grossly inflates his value, they would have to get lucky that some GM that has enough cap space and is willing to give you a player of similar skill and age because they value Trouba so much. Although almost every team in the league would like him on their team but he is not even one of the top 5 Jets I'd want in a trade for my prized young defenseman.

Luckily neither Chevy nor Overhardt has given out any concrete news about the negotiations. You know just as much as I do, which is nothing. Every number, every report, everything you could have possibly seen about the negotiations is purely speculation.

We will be wiser when the training camp starts. But, as of now, what we do know is that neither side hasn't had any reason to budge: Trouba hasn't done anything (obviously) to make Chevy raise his offer, and Trouba pretty much can't lose anything by waiting for another offer, which may or may not come sometime before the season starts.

Patience is a big part in contract negotiations. There are a couple other big RFAs still unsigned for the same reason as Trouba.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
That Gardiner+2017 1st(top 5 protected) for Trouba deal seems like a fair deal.

Agreed, Leafs can add a decent prospect if nessesary. Our prospect pool is deep enough we can afford to give up a solid prospect like Kapanen or Dermott.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
He has been playing LHD with Byfuglien on RHD, and the pairing was good.

Just to confirm, we know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about the demands of either party here. We don't know how close or far away they are from a deal. We don't know that Trouba wants out, either. Under these circumstances, a contract is still, by far, the likeliest scenario.

This is completely fair. For all we know the two parties are bargaining over 7 vs 8 years, or 6.1 vs 6.25, or a 8 vs 12 team NTC, or NMC vs NTC.

Saying that, it is getting harder to give teams benefit of the doubt when young stars stay unsigned for long periods of time, especially when 'some media' have talked about rumblings of issues.

Of course we all know thats the odds favor him signing with Winnipeg, at roughly what everyone thinks hes worth, on probably a long term deal. B

BUT this is a discussion board about someones worth if they were to be traded. The only reason to trade him (unless utter over payment) is if there is an issue getting him signed.

So yes, a trade of four quarters for a dollar trade isnt ideal if you have limited room for coins, but thats the scenario we are all mentally agreeing to play in, or else just dont look at trade boards! Not to be mean or harsh, just this kind of idea keeps popping up and it kind of removes the appeal of debating hypothetical situations.

:popcorn: Keep rocking on everyone!

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland
I'd say he's a 3 know (top 90 in the league), and easily has the talent to become a top pairing dman (top 60 in the NHL).

Top pairing is more of a role for dmen, I mean one team could have 6 starter dmen who are all prospects or regressing low minute players. Now you have to put two of the least worst of them in your top pair. Does that make them an NHL caliber top pairing to you?

UnicornONtheCOBB

Jun 29, 2016
Yes, if he wants 5.5, it will take signing for 7-8 years to get up there.

I don't think so. I think he and his agent would want 6.5 per if they go 8 years. I think they see that salaries for D are going up and some other dmen who haven't proven as much as Trouba have signed 6 year deals at 4-4.5, and my guess is their camp feels he's better than that and has more potential. I also get why the Jets aren't super pumped to give a guy 8 years at over 50 million, when they aren't 100% sure on what he will end up being. All that said, I do believe a deal will get done. Either something like 2 years at 9 m (4.5 per) or 5 years at 27.5 (5.5 per) The Jets have some really nice pieces and look like they are building a real contender. Hopefully it all gets figured out soon.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Yes, if he wants 5.5, it will take signing for 7-8 years to get up there. That's a deal that I would go for & I imagine the Jets will eventually come up to that for a 8 year deal as well

Totally agree i think that's a fair deal for both sides, Supposedly Trouba wants at least the $5.4 million that Seth Jones is making. And if it takes up to 7-8 years to get it then it's way more then fair enough for both side.

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
Value wise this trade is off. Sergachev will be better than Trouba in the long run, I see Trouba as a poor man's Dion Phaneuf, he plateau'd very soon - I don't see him getting much better than this but that doesn't mean he won't be a very good top pairing defenseman (not a #1), but Sergachev has much more potential.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad