Proposal: Trouba to Montreal for Sergachev+1st

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Leafs fan coming in peace!

Trouba for TML 2017 1st (top 10 protected pre lottery), Tobias Lindberg/Josh Leivo, Frank Corrado/Martin Marincin?

Corrado/Marincin can play bottom pairing this year for Winnipeg, Marincin looked ready to step into the top 4 when the opportunity was there, though he is a LHD and Corrado is a RHD.

Lindberg/Leivo both look like pretty solid prospects, nicely looking to become top 9 guy, Leivo probably next year.

2017 1st round pick top 10 protected. With Trouba, I for sure see the Leafs finishing outside the bottom 10.

Thoughts? Is the value off?

Ah yes the proverbial Leivo/Marcinan/Corrado/Lindberg/ not to mention Holland and company trade of borderline waiver quantity for quality. Maybe Ashton Carter is still available :sarcasm:

Say What

Building a Legacy 4/28/96 Never again!!
Jan 18, 2015
Guaranteed to never happen.

Either he settles for a bridge or signs at least a 6x6.

TNSE has no intentions of dealing with Mr. Overhardt again in a couple of years, IMO. Kurt will have his one bite at the apple (The Wpg Jets), and then, Jacob Trouba might very well have a new agent by the 2024/25 season...again, IMO.

Vashanesh

Nope.
Jan 29, 2010
Minnesota
Trouba to the Jets for a contract that neither side is truly happy with.

Seriously, if there was a deal to be made, wouldn't it have happened already? Why does everyone think that just because a pending RFA thinks he's worth the farm (woah, THAT never happens!), that he's instantly on the outs with the team that controls him?

Unless someone is willing to overpay in a trade -- which likely would've happened already, the Jets will slightly overpay to keep him. That's my bet.

OldAsianSharksFan

More 1OV picks please
Jul 20, 2009
San Jose
MTL would laugh at this and rightfully so.

They don't have the cap space to do this anyways unless you take back Markov. More importantly, if the Habs do this trade then Beaulieu or Petry would be exposed to the draft. Sergachev and the 1st dont need protection.

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
segechev better. No thanks
Care to elaborate why he is better? I'm generally curious (neutral fan.)
Especially considering there's a good chance Sergachev will be better than Trouba.
Please define 'good chance' because the lottery is a crapshoot based on the odds of a player becoming an impact player especially a defenseman. Better odds in Vegas.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Care to elaborate why he is better? I'm generally curious (neutral fan.)

Please define 'good chance' because the lottery is a crapshoot based on the odds of a player becoming an impact player especially a defenseman. Better odds in Vegas.

He looks like the future habs #1 D, he has so much talent. He can get mentored by Weber. He has some nice offensive flairs in him. He can carry the puck in the zone. He can pass it off for nice breakout passes. He is good in his own zone. He's fast and skates amazingly. He can be man a powerplay. He looks like a complete package. He reminds me of Markov with some Subban in him. And hes pretty big. Hes the best canadiens prospect since Galchenyuk and the best D prospect for quite some time. And no way would the habs lose him for just Trouba. And we give a 1rst?? lmao

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
That Gardiner+2017 1st(top 5 protected) for Trouba deal seems like a fair deal.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Easily easily rather gamble on sergachev who is supposesly close to NHL ready and no one knows his real ceilling and gamble on that 1st than go for a sure top4 bet

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
TNSE has no intentions of dealing with Mr. Overhardt again in a couple of years, IMO. Kurt will have his one bite at the apple (The Wpg Jets), and then, Jacob Trouba might very well have a new agent by the 2024/25 season...again, IMO.

I agree that Chevy will not likely deal with Overhardt again, but that's either due to a contract that takes Trouba to his prime (6-7 years), or because he gets traded like the last 2 Overhardt clients. I'm only hoping that the return is like what Johanson got and not what Turris got.

As for the OP, I like Sergachev, but he sets the Jets' D back a few years. Trouba is top 2 ready now, not in 3 years time. The other proposals in this thread are the usual garbage.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Wouldn't mind the Stars taking a flier on him in a multi-player swap that would see us ship out a few players including a defender.

Dallas dealt with Chicago last offseason - and what a steal that was, thanks Chicago :laugh: - but inter-division trades are still rare.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
He looks like the future habs #1 D, he has so much talent. He can get mentored by Weber. He has some nice offensive flairs in him. He can carry the puck in the zone. He can pass it off for nice breakout passes. He is good in his own zone. He's fast and skates amazingly. He can be man a powerplay. He looks like a complete package. He reminds me of Markov with some Subban in him. And hes pretty big. Hes the best canadiens prospect since Galchenyuk and the best D prospect for quite some time. And no way would the habs lose him for just Trouba. And we give a 1rst?? lmao

Once upon a time Trouba was all these things for Michigan. He did almoat all of what you listed about Serg in college. Guys carve out roles in the NHL based on their skill sets, teammates, coaches, etc.

Hopefully we get to keep our great player and the Habs have their pick turn into one.

Stej

Jul 28, 2006
The Kirk
I agree with the previous statements that the Jets are not interested in a quality for quantity trade, unless the Jets get the quality. Trouba for multiple lesser pieces just doesn't work for the Jets. Too much of a log jam over the next couple years as it is.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Don't bother offering scraps. Offer a defenseman, comparable to Trouba age wise (max 23) and talent wise (borderline top pairing guy with upside to be even better).

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Don't bother offering scraps. Offer a defenseman, comparable to Trouba age wise (max 23) and talent wise (borderline top pairing guy with upside to be even better).

hahahah I was never aware first rounders and top 10 picks,esp one that was gonna get drafted 4th overall, were considered scraps by a team in rebuild mode^^ Thats the funniest thing ive heard here in these boards hahaha. Thx for making me laugh!!! :nod::nod::nod::nod::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
hahahah I was never aware first rounders and top 10 picks,esp one that was gonna get drafted 4th overall, were considered scraps by a team in rebuild mode^^ Thats the funniest thing ive heard here in these boards hahaha. Thx for making me laugh!!! :nod::nod::nod::nod::laugh::laugh::laugh:

If you had properly read and understood my post, you'd realize that I didn't refer to any post in this thread. But whatever works for you. Or whatever makes you happy, I guess.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
It is almost impossible to figure out what to value Trouba at until you know for certain what his demands long-term are. Imean, if he's willing to sign for 6x5 or 8x.5.5, he's worth a lot more than a bridge deal, or something like 6x6.5. As good a long-term #2 on the RHD for Toronto, he could be, I can't think of a workable deal.

I don't think this trade suits either team though Montreal can't do it cap wise and I think Winnipeg is planning for success quicker than a long built, which swapping Trouba for futures would do. While the Jets have great young talent, trading Trouba for a young D is risky with guys bordering 30 or older with Wheeler, Byfuglien and Little on the team. The Jets have a window to be a very good team in about 2 to 3 years when their old talent hasn't quite fallen off a cliff and their young stars will have established themselves and are on the tail end of ELC's.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
If you had properly read and understood my post, you'd realize that I didn't refer to any post in this thread. But whatever works for you. Or whatever makes you happy, I guess.

You were referring to Segechev and a 1rst for Trouba, I can assume since u didnt quote anything. Anyone would assume u were suggesting the OP proposal for Trouba was 'scraps'.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad