Proposal: Trouba to Montreal for Sergachev+1st

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Trouba was this for Jets fans just a few years ago. We enjoyed watching him develop and is perfect fit for the Jets right now. Now seemingly every fanbase wants this over rated number 4 defensemen for themselves. all Jets fans have said is that Trouba is exactly what the Jets need, not whatever these fan bases are offering. other fan bases get bent out of shape because players that wear their favorite teams jersey hold way more value than over rated Trouba. Including prospects and picks.
I hope the Jets lock him up 8 years. Even if it means 6 million a year.
I would also decline this trade politely.
And I hope Habs fans remember this in a few years when Sergachev blooms into that player you want. and then every fan base can offer you players, prospects and picks that hold little to no value for your team right now. And especially not taking into account huge hole his absence will create.

Also to that other poster that said Price was worth Laine, Connor, And Helley. Talk about over rating. 3 high quality players > 1 high quality player

This is the most ironic comment ever. You write an entire wall of text about how everyone who offers prospects and picks are totally overrating their players and that Trouba is inexplicably more valuable than any combination of picks, and then say that your teams 3 prospects who total 26 NHL games combined hold wayyy more value than the MVP of the league.

Maybe you were just being completely sarcastic, but I can't see how any logical person could write both of those statements. Talk about extreme homerism.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
This is the most ironic comment ever. You write an entire wall of text about how everyone who offers prospects and picks are totally overrating their players and that Trouba is inexplicably more valuable than any combination of picks, and then say that your teams 3 prospects who total 26 NHL games combined hold wayyy more value than the MVP of the league.

Maybe you were just being completely sarcastic, but I can't see how any logical person could write both of those statements. Talk about extreme homerism.

Im sure if the Jets GM or Fanbase can accept Price for those 3 names, theres no way they reject it and jump all over that offer.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
He came out and said that!! ahahahha lol ur so knowledgeable. From Sportsnet: "RFA-to-be Trouba has requested upwards of $56 million over eight years." Which also made it to NHL.com back then when it first broke news. Thats 7AAV.

if that article was true buff wouldn't be here now because according to that article buff wanted another 25 million to sign here than he got. also said ladd wanted 6.5. but in reality got 5.5 to play for the islanders. not to mention trouba's agent a week later said article wasn't true. like I said non knowledgeable fans.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
if that article was true buff wouldn't be here now because according to that article buff wanted another 25 million to sign here than he got. also said ladd wanted 6.5. but in reality got 5.5 to play for the islanders. not to mention trouba's agent a week later said article wasn't true. like I said non knowledgeable fans.

ahahah. You do realize Trouba has yet to sign meaning he hasnt moved from his asking price meaning its prob too high for the jets GM meaning it prob is around that price tag. Again its prob closer to 6M$.
When you negotiate, your first demand is to ask for the highest price hoping it wont get lowered by too much.
Buff wanted more years, he got more money per year. Seems like they got it right. But no you know more then them. LMAO.
Ladd got 38.5M, only 2.5M$ less, seems like they got it right again. His asking price obviously decreased after his showing at chicago.
I can guarantee u that they have alot more knowledge than you.
They leaked the first numbers, they didnt leak the negotiations and the 'future'. Seems like they were dead on.
Oh and his agent rejected these claims, lol, im sure he would.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
Having a 23M$ defense is... actually quite a lot.
Having 23M$ committed to RHD is just plain ridiculous.

Drydenwasthebest

Jun 16, 2009
Trouba was this for Jets fans just a few years ago. We enjoyed watching him develop and is perfect fit for the Jets right now. Now seemingly every fanbase wants this over rated number 4 defensemen for themselves. all Jets fans have said is that Trouba is exactly what the Jets need, not whatever these fan bases are offering. other fan bases get bent out of shape because players that wear their favorite teams jersey hold way more value than over rated Trouba. Including prospects and picks.
I hope the Jets lock him up 8 years. Even if it means 6 million a year.
I would also decline this trade politely.
And I hope Habs fans remember this in a few years when Sergachev blooms into that player you want. and then every fan base can offer you players, prospects and picks that hold little to no value for your team right now. And especially not taking into account huge hole his absence will create.

Also to that other poster that said Price was worth Laine, Connor, And Helley. Talk about over rating. 3 high quality players > 1 high quality player

Are you kidding me? Did you not see the huge number of stupid "offers" and posts we suffered about Subban for the last 5 seasons? What rock have you been living under?

I would also point out that you claim Trouba is worth more than our great picks and prospects because of how great he is, and then come out and say that Price is not worth the 3 prospects in an offer because those prospects are worth more than 1 great player. Hypocrisy or homerism are your friends, it would seem...unless you have significant memory problems at the goldfish level.

As a Habs fan, I would not trade Sergachev and our 1st for Trouba because of our cap situation. I like Trouba, and see him having the potential to be a # 3 defence man in Montreal, but he will command way too much money for us to trade picks and prospects for him alone. I totally understand Jets fans not wanting to trade Trouba for picks and prospects, but I think it is more realistic for the Jets to trade Trouba away than it is for the Habs to try and acquire him.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
ahahah. You do realize Trouba has yet to sign meaning he hasnt moved from his asking price meaning its prob too high for the jets GM meaning it prob is around that price tag. Again its prob closer to 6M$.
When you negotiate, your first demand is to ask for the highest price hoping it wont get lowered by too much.
Buff wanted more years, he got more money per year. Seems like they got it right. But no you know more then them. LMAO.
Ladd got 38.5M, only 2.5M$ less, seems like they got it right again. His asking price obviously decreased after his showing at chicago.
I can guarantee u that they have alot more knowledge than you.
They leaked the first numbers, they didnt leak the negotiations and the 'future'. Seems like they were dead on.
Oh and his agent rejected these claims, lol, im sure he would.

all of trouba"s peers have signed for around 5 million for 6 years and so will trouba weather you understand that or not.

supersonic jet

Jun 22, 2014
Winnipeg
You mean some fans?? Like some habs fans who probably thinks hes already under contract or that his contract wont handicap the habs. Every knowledgeable fan will reject any kind of Trouba trade knowing he wants a 6-7M$ AVV.
Why would anyone give up assets and that type of money for Trouba?? He's your problem now, deal with it.

5mil for 6 or 6 mil for 8 that is not a problem. Webber on his contract is a problem saw him drop off considerably last yr. I will gladly take our perceived problem over your real problem:nod:

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Odd thread. Sounds like lots of Habs fans know everything. They know what Trouba wants to be paid even.... that's odd. Cuz in reality there's only 1 thing that Everyone knows about the trouba negotiations and that is Nothing. Not a peep. Not a word. Nothing. Chevy and Overhartd have both said Nothing and those 2 are the only 2 who really know what's up

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Geez I wouldn't trade Sergachyov alone for Trouba, so forgot about adding our 1st!

If Trouba was a little bit more offensive, i would do it 1 on 1 because Habs are in a win now mode IMO.

But doesn't work out salary wise.

Also the fact that Sergachev is LHD and can effectively play on the ride side makes him untouchable for Habs has top pair D will be old when he cracks the lineup.

Mid term, he can replace Markov on the left side and long term, he could replace Weber on the right side, which gives the Habs much more possibilities.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
72 points in 211 games. Makes bad decisions with the puck at times. Injury prone. Am I missing something?

Oh right. He's got size and grit. Four first round picks or bust!

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Can I get a legit source on that 6 to 7 mil number?

SportsNet was the first one to report Trouba seeking 8 years $56 million, I know they said that Buff wanted big money and settled for much less. Plus Kurt Overhardt denied it like he would. Few others out there as well pretty much saying the exact same thing. Really i could care less Trouba isn't worth that kind of money any ways. He's worth no more then 6 years $30 million that's pretty much the market that's set for him.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Buffalo and anaheim fans must be laughing at all this. What did they do to not deserve this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad