Proposal: Trouba to Montreal for Sergachev+1st

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

member 147413

As a fan of both the Leafs and Jets, if the Jets feel they really have to trade Trouba (I'd rather they trade Myers), I think an offer based around Gardiner and a conditional 2017 1st round pick would be beneficial to both sides.

Condition on that pick being if the Leafs end up drafting in the top 5, Winnipeg gets their 2018 1st instead (10-15 overall range by my estimations).

No

Gardiner + 1st is not something I'd trade for Trouba

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa
Jets fans are getting mad because the rest of the league doesn't overrated Trouba like they do

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Jets fans are getting mad because the rest of the league doesn't overrated Trouba like they do

and yet here we are 10000 trade proposals later by the rest of the league.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
All you have is hope and hope and hope. Years of prospects. Trouba? Hes fallen short and wants a massive contract. Idk who the guy on the right, (ehlers??), is but if thats all u have to show thats pretty sad (show me what the jets have done in the NHL, not in some cover book). As far as im aware the jets look like the oilers but they actually have better players to show for.
Here let me help.
trophies-620x349.jpg

That guy alone is worth more than all ur prospects^^

And 7 playoff appearances for the habs with 2 trips to the eastern conferences while ur beloved jets have only ONCE played for the playoffs in the past 5 years, if you add in the thrashers, twice in the past 10 years!!!! Wow you guys are so good. Didnt you get swept by the Ducks proving how bad you guys were for a playoff team??

Roslovic only got 26 pts in 36 games with just 10 goals. 1rst liner and part of a top 5 line in the NHL?? Lmao.
Laine looks good. Same for Connor. But I look at teams like the Coyotes, Oilers, Avalanche, flames and I can see they all have an equally bright team for the future or for some of those teams an even better future lying ahead.
I just have a VERY tough time seeing the Jets hoist the cup in 2019. Thats WAY too soon. I would expect them to win one, if they are too, some time in the late 20s.

Wow look at all those individual trophies. Means nothing to me in a team game.

He's pre-Detroit Hasek who can win everything but the Cup. It will get to the point where he'll need to go to a true contender to win it all.

And don't act like the Canadiens have NEVER been swept

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
I dont think Carolina, Columbus, Philadelphie and Vancouver would give up Werensky, Provocop, Hanifin, Juolevi too.

I think if you want a fair offer, you should ask a prospect picked later and a blue ship prospect (homerun pick prototype)

Then, not even sure to do it for cap hit reasons

Church

The last lion
Mar 26, 2010
Montreal, QC
As an habs fan, I have to respectfully decline this trade. I wanna see what Sergachev blooms into! This kid has potential

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Wow look at all those individual trophies. Means nothing to me in a team game.

He's pre-Detroit Hasek who can win everything but the Cup. It will get to the point where he'll need to go to a true contender to win it all.

And don't act like the Canadiens have NEVER been swept

Individual trophies mean a lot more than a team trophy when discussing the quality of the player. Don't blame Price for the Habs not being good enough to win a Cup - it's not like he is GM'ing the team too.

Crazed Fan

Jul 9, 2011
Winnipeg
As an habs fan, I have to respectfully decline this trade. I wanna see what Sergachev blooms into! This kid has potential

Trouba was this for Jets fans just a few years ago. We enjoyed watching him develop and is perfect fit for the Jets right now. Now seemingly every fanbase wants this over rated number 4 defensemen for themselves. all Jets fans have said is that Trouba is exactly what the Jets need, not whatever these fan bases are offering. other fan bases get bent out of shape because players that wear their favorite teams jersey hold way more value than over rated Trouba. Including prospects and picks.
I hope the Jets lock him up 8 years. Even if it means 6 million a year.
I would also decline this trade politely.
And I hope Habs fans remember this in a few years when Sergachev blooms into that player you want. and then every fan base can offer you players, prospects and picks that hold little to no value for your team right now. And especially not taking into account huge hole his absence will create.

Also to that other poster that said Price was worth Laine, Connor, And Helley. Talk about over rating. 3 high quality players > 1 high quality player

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Ok? What does that have to do with Jets over rating Trouba?

Trouba is a good young d that any team would be lucky to have but Jets fans are over rating hom big time

-> post an offer for Trouba
-> the Jets decline because 99% of the offers posted don't make sense for them
-> everyone freaks out and call Trouba overrated

You are trading for a player who is absolutely needed and crucial for the Jets both now and in the future. Do you expect us to be happy?

If anything, 29 other team's fanbases underrate Trouba's importance for us.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013

You are trading for a player who is absolutely needed and crucial for the Jets both now and in the future. Do you expect us to be happy?

Most understand he's important to your team and that you don't want to move him. But what do you do if it gets to the point where he won't budge on asking price, your front office/ownership won't budge, and nobody is offering a 1 for 1 swap of a similar caliber player. What's the plan in that scenario?

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Most understand he's important to your team and that you don't want to move him. But what do you do if it gets to the point where he won't budge on asking price, your front office/ownership won't budge, and nobody is offering a 1 for 1 swap of a similar caliber player. What's the plan in that scenario?

If Trouba doesn't budge on his asking price, that's fine. It's just the fact that he's not getting traded without a signed contract, nor does Chevy want to do the heavy lifting just to trade him away, thus harming his team. Trouba doesn't have the leverage to force a trade, and if the problem is how much money he wants, the only leverage he has (holding out) is gone, since every day without a contract means a loss of money for him.

It's extremely unlikely that Trouba would both want a trade because of money AND hold out, because the only result he's getting from that is negative. Not to mention, if he was traded, he's not getting "what if I didn't play with Stuart" money, since no other GM owes him any additional money for what the Jets did with him.

When it comes to trades, let me ask you this: who was the last RFA of Trouba's caliber coming out of his ELC who got traded without a contract in place? Now add the fact that this trade would be happening purely for money reasons, and the agent who Trouba's new team's GM would be dealing with is still the same one as before. Does it sound enticing? Nope. That's even more of Trouba's leverage gone. He's not being traded without a contract in place.

In short, your situation isn't likely to happen. There's no "Trouba's rights for a bunch of crap" offer which Chevy would take. He doesn't have to. Trouba is ours unless he's traded, and Chevy has no reason to trade him for a bad return. If Trouba holds out, the only thing he achieves is harming his own situation. If he signs, the pressure of trading him diminishes massively. Does that mean he's never being traded? Nope. Does it mean he's traded immediately? Nope. Only time will tell.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB

Accept the best offer.

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011

Even if the overwhelming sentiment is that this offer is too good for the Jets and I agree, it's fine and dandy that you want to keep Trouba on the off chance that he doesn't become Tyler Myers 2.0 and I respect that because you're not rebuilding. However, in a vacuum, two first rounders including Sergachev is a no go. Has nothing to do with Trouba's rating among the league but all to do with his rating compared to the package offered in this proposal.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Why wouldn't the Habs just wait for Sergachev?
Could end up being better or more consistent.

Unless Marc feels time is NOT on his side.
Not sure how much Trouba helps AND the 1st too!

The 'peg should take and run away with this.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
- Habs need a RD about as much as the Jets do.
- There is this thing called a salary cap, and the Habs are against it.

... and that's just the start of it.

supersonic jet

Jun 22, 2014
Winnipeg
Trouba was this for Jets fans just a few years ago. We enjoyed watching him develop and is perfect fit for the Jets right now. Now seemingly every fanbase wants this over rated number 4 defensemen for themselves. all Jets fans have said is that Trouba is exactly what the Jets need, not whatever these fan bases are offering. other fan bases get bent out of shape because players that wear their favorite teams jersey hold way more value than over rated Trouba. Including prospects and picks.
And I hope Habs fans remember this in a few years when Sergachev blooms into that player you want. and then every fan base can offer you players, prospects and picks that hold little to no value for your team right now. And especially not taking into account huge hole his absence will create.

Also to that other poster that said Price was worth Laine, Connor, And Helley. Talk about over rating. 3 high quality players > 1 high quality player

Jets trade 48 million to Trouba,s agent for 8 yr contract. lets get it done already Chevy.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016

No fanbase wants trouba at 6M$ except for the jets fans. Hell, even ur own GM refuses to pay him that type of money. He seems smart to me.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
No fanbase wants trouba at 6M$ except for the jets fans. Hell, even ur own GM refuses to pay him that type of money. He seems smart to me.

at least 10 teams fan bases on these boards have offered more than 8x6 for trouba.
minimum 10

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
at least 10 teams fan bases on these boards have offered more than 8x6 for trouba.
minimum 10

You mean some fans?? Like some habs fans who probably thinks hes already under contract or that his contract wont handicap the habs. Every knowledgeable fan will reject any kind of Trouba trade knowing he wants a 6-7M$ AVV.
Why would anyone give up assets and that type of money for Trouba?? He's your problem now, deal with it.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
You mean some fans?? Like some habs fans who probably thinks hes already under contract or that his contract wont handicap the habs. Every knowledgeable fan will reject any kind of Trouba trade knowing he wants a 6-7M$ AVV.
Why would anyone give up assets and that type of money for Trouba?? He's your problem now, deal with it.

we are not trading touba. but what you meant to say was every non knowledgeable fan thinks he wants 6-7 million aav.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
we are not trading touba. but what you meant to say was every non knowledgeable fan thinks he wants 6-7 million aav.

He came out and said that!! ahahahha lol ur so knowledgeable. From Sportsnet: "RFA-to-be Trouba has requested upwards of $56 million over eight years." Which also made it to NHL.com back then when it first broke news. Thats 7AAV.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad