HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I'm not sure what kind of demands you can do when you sign your first ELC contract. Big red flag if that is the case.
A player can make any demand try they want at anytime… whether they have any leverage power is the question

It appears NCAA players realize they have more leverage than previous generations w ramp up in 1st round American picks, and more & more are starting to exercise that leverage position

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
Other than the fact KH probably wants to have a set numbers for Kaiden Guhle, is there a reason why Xhekaj isn't signed?

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Other than the fact KH probably wants to have a set numbers for Kaiden Guhle, is there a reason why Xhekaj isn't signed?
Xhekaj (both of them) changed representation on like June 30th, which was UFA craziness season so his new agent probably haven't much time to have discuss with the Habs yet.

I'm not sure why nobody ask about Barron thought. He's also RFA. :laugh:

Reactions: MXD

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I'm guessing they just want to focus on one at a time . There's no real rush in Arber's case and HuGo don't seem to mind signing a contract during the season.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I'm guessing they just want to focus on one at a time . There's no real rush in Arber's case and HuGo don't seem to mind signing a contract during the season.
No rush on Guhle's case who has one more year to his contract Arber and Barron do not have a contract.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Some people see former 1st round pick and modest WJC production and lose their minds.
In scouting reports, didn't they flag his skating as an issue ? I personally haven't watched him in particular and don't know if it's an ongoing problem. But yeah, recent former 1sts have a shiny appeal to them, especially the top half.

Ieatsht4brkfst

Mar 22, 2024
should make a thread each day of every team and we could go through and disect the roster of potential trade targets and do a poll for each potential player on each team

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
In scouting reports, didn't they flag his skating as an issue ? I personally haven't watched him in particular and don't know if it's an ongoing problem. But yeah, recent former 1sts have a shiny appeal to them, especially the top half.

Yeah, his feet are legitimately bad. I question his effectiveness in the NHL especially because he's not gonna get PP1 opportunities, he's not that level of offensive talent. He's more a bottom 6 guy who can chip in offense for me but I like my bottom 6 to have speed, it's hard to check if you are constantly behind the play.

Reactions: jrom and yianik

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Seems like McGroarty has serious character issues that is scaring teams away. Really weird since his character and leadership were seen as great qualities. Can't see Hughes being too interested in that. I'm not really sure if a top 6 only with young players is the way to go anyways, we could use a vet there when we want to compete.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Seems like McGroarty has serious character issues that is scaring teams away. Really weird since his character and leadership were seen as great qualities. Can't see Hughes being too interested in that. I'm not really sure if a top 6 only with young players is the way to go anyways, we could use a vet there when we want to compete.
He’s been considered a leader every where he went. I have no doubt about his character

Reactions: Jaynki

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Yes. Minnesota would never do it though 1 for 1

There’s no depth up front though. The team doesn’t have a 4th line or penalty killers other than Suzuki and Armia when he’s on
Lots of depth, lots of bodies, they’re just not good. This is when you give your own young guys opportunities. Might not make us immediately competitive, but it’s a good way to build a strong bottom-6 for when the team is contending.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Jets reporters are saying he was close to getting dealt but the other team pulled out because they didn't like his character and his demands.
They didn’t like the demand but no one have talk about his character.

2 months ago, those reporter and Jets fans where saying that he was going to be there next capitaine

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Jets reporters are saying he was close to getting dealt but the other team pulled out because they didn't like his character and his demands.
Where did they say this?

All I've seen is Montreal had a deal if Demidov wasn't there.

Minnesota had a deal, but then they moved up to get Buium, so they weren't sending their 1st for him.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
If I was McGroarty, I’d be pretty upset too. The Jets are shit offensively. After their top 3 forward scorers, their remaining forwards had 38 points or less. For them to say they have no room for him on the NHL club is just lying.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
No rush on Guhle's case who has one more year to his contract Arber and Barron do not have a contract.
They were qualified, so no one can make them an offer sheet....

If I was McGroarty, I’d be pretty upset too. The Jets are shit offensively. After their top 3 forward scorers, their remaining forwards had 38 points or less. For them to say they have no room for him on the NHL club is just lying.
Very true.............that said no way a kid from the NCAA should be telling anyone anything....seems like some pretty bad behavior.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Yeah, his feet are legitimately bad. I question his effectiveness in the NHL especially because he's not gonna get PP1 opportunities, he's not that level of offensive talent. He's more a bottom 6 guy who can chip in offense for me but I like my bottom 6 to have speed, it's hard to check if you are constantly behind the play.
Can't see Hughes being interested.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012

I don’t think that’s true:

From the NHL:

The deadline for NHL teams to issue qualifying offers to pending restricted free agents was 5 p.m. ET on Sunday. By issuing the offers, teams are given the right of first refusal or draft choice compensation should the player sign an offer sheet with another team.

Here is a list of players who received qualifying offers, as announced by teams.

Montreal Canadiens: Justin Barron (D), Arber Xhekaj (D)

Reactions: Deus ex machina

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

Very true.............that said no way a kid from the NCAA should be telling anyone anything....seems like some pretty bad behavior.

Being qualified means they CAN sign an offer sheet. If they were going to arbitration (which they can't as they aren't eligible) then they would not be able to sign an offersheet.

It doesn't even matter much either way, there's arguably no teams with more ability to spend right now (in terms of real money available, cap space/LTIR room and players left to sign) than Montreal right now. No one is going to offer them an offersheet.

Reactions: BLONG7

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad